PDA

View Full Version : runningdog to limpingdog

runningdog
05-10-2011, 14:28
Just a few words to explain my absence over the last few, but it seems longer, weeks. I've been dumped in hospital, almost but not quite, against me will, with little, or more generally, no access to the net.
I shouldn't be ungrateful I know, the paramedics and the i/c staff saved my life, but on occasion, it felt like I'd been shanghied among the Pilgrim Fathers. Still an all, I'm up and about, just in time for the Wetherspoon Octoberfest.
Which brings me to the 'limpingdog' bit. Three and a half pints and I'm shot out of my little tree.I know that all the advice I'm getting is well meaning and most probably sensible, but I couldn't give two monkeys testicles, a life without beer ain't no life at all..........:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: and again :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

RogerB
05-10-2011, 15:23
May you never be far from a lampost.

Quinno
05-10-2011, 17:48
May you never be far from a lampost.

For cocking a leg? :whistle:

aleandhearty
08-10-2011, 15:20
I've been dumped in hospital...I shouldn't be ungrateful I know, the paramedics and the i/c staff saved my life.... a life without beer ain't no life at all..........:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: and again :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Wishing you a speedy recovery 'rd'. Sounds like you need building up again. Two pints of Exmoor Beast per day ought to do it.

runningdog
10-12-2012, 12:32
Wishing you a speedy recovery 'rd'. Sounds like you need building up again. Two pints of Exmoor Beast per day ought to do it.

Thanks for concern, lads, or is that compassion.
I'm not quite back yet, two pints a day of the Beast sounds good but would probably have the same effect of as a runaway steam roller. My last effort at normalcy was a pint and a half of Freeminer Deep Shaft and I think that's where I finished up.
Still an all, I'm posting to find out if anyone of you reprobates have tried the proucts of the 'Vibrant Forest Brewery' as I'm thinking of, if they're worth it, hunting them down.

gillhalfpint
10-12-2012, 12:57
We had 4 of their brews at Egham USC beer festival in November. Dark Castle Porter, Ginja Ninja, Mrs Miggins and Stormbrew. Have no notes as to what they were like, but can find tasting notes if you want from the programme. All I can add is that if the first one we tried was not right we wouldn't have kept drinking them.

hondo
10-12-2012, 13:40
http://www.vibrantforest.co.uk/default.htm

http://www.vibrantforest.co.uk/outlets/outlets.htm

ETA
10-12-2012, 14:53
It does explain why the Nightjar's profits are down. Get well soon, rd.

london calling
10-12-2012, 22:48
Thanks for concern, lads, or is that compassion.
I'm not quite back yet, two pints a day of the Beast sounds good but would probably have the same effect of as a runaway steam roller. My last effort at normalcy was a pint and a half of Freeminer Deep Shaft and I think that's where I finished up.
Still an all, I'm posting to find out if anyone of you reprobates have tried the proucts of the 'Vibrant Forest Brewery' as I'm thinking of, if they're worth it, hunting them down.

had the mrs miggins also at Egham and it was good.rare to see their beers around though.

runningdog
11-12-2012, 10:32
Thanks for the info lads, it sounds as if the games afoot. I gather the 'Royal Oak' at Fritham stocks it from time to time, so thats me starting point