PDA

View Full Version : Tap East, Westfield Stratford City

rpadam
29-09-2011, 20:49
Still can't pubs using my PC, but doing so on my mobile usually works... but not with this one:

Tap East
7 International Square
Westfield Stratford City
Montfichet Road
Olympic Park
London
E20 1EE

NB - I think that the E20 area is very new, but the above postcode is right (checked with the Royal Mail website).

Galore Admin
30-09-2011, 12:01
Hi rpadam,

As far as I can tell no one has records of that postcode, so it is a bit nightmarish, I have just chucked it into a completely random location and created an E20 on the system. Now added Tap East (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/75177/).

Thanks for that.

Pangolin
01-10-2011, 23:55
I can confirm that E20 has been added as a new postal area covering the Olympic park area. For some reason, they decided not to call it Walford, which of course has been using E20 for many years! Now are they going to have a Queen Vic ??

Galore Admin
03-10-2011, 07:54
I agree completely real, I found some info on it in Wikipedia saying E20 is inside E15 which was helpful. The bit that is missing is the geocoding bit which allows us to place where a postcode is on a map - every quarter a new database is released and it appears that the last update didn't include this postcode, Google doesn't recognise it (so I can't get an idea off them) and if you look it up on Royal Mail, whilst they can give you the pub and its address, they don't give you a map as they normally do. So for a while yet we will be guessing and relying on peoples patience to correct it.

rpadam
03-10-2011, 19:29
I agree completely real, I found some info on it in Wikipedia saying E20 is inside E15 which was helpful. The bit that is missing is the geocoding bit which allows us to place where a postcode is on a map - every quarter a new database is released and it appears that the last update didn't include this postcode, Google doesn't recognise it (so I can't get an idea off them) and if you look it up on Royal Mail, whilst they can give you the pub and its address, they don't give you a map as they normally do. So for a while yet we will be guessing and relying on peoples patience to correct it.
Your guess was pretty good, but I have now found a couple of confirmatory pointers to its actual location and had a second go at moving the pointer (currently awaiting approval as a second change).

Galore Admin
04-10-2011, 10:00
Thanks rpadam,

We have just approved that one.