PDA

View Full Version : Manchester / Salford

Al 10000
26-09-2011, 16:10
Hi Conrad / Admins

While i have been adding and reviewing pubs in the Manchester / Salford area i have noticed that Cheetham appears in both Manchester and Salford.

This area is in the city of Manchester so would it be possible to alter it so that it only shows on the Manchester list.

I know that areas and geography are not your favourite job to do on this site, but it would be nice if you could do this for me as i am very interested in geography and putting pubs in their correct areas.

Thanks Alan :)

Galore Admin
26-09-2011, 18:58
Hi Alan,

This isn't something we manually change, if there are pubs in both Manchester and Salford postal towns that have been assigned to the same area then that area name will appear in both postal town pages. That is the way the system is supposed to work and I know is making central London in particular much easier to understand. I wouldn't be surprised if it also did apply in some areas around Manchester.

So in this specific case the Dover Inn was listed as being in the Cheetham area, however you'd requested that be changed, which I've now approved. That means our system now doesn't show Cheetham under Salford.

Hope that made some sense.

Dave

Al 10000
27-09-2011, 13:26
Thanks for that Dave,

I should have waited to see what happened when i asked for the Dover Inn to be moved to a Salford district.

Cheers Alan