PDA

View Full Version : Sleaford Pub Crawl 3 September 2011

Al 10000
05-09-2011, 17:41
This was an attempt to do all proper pubs in Sleaford.

We parked up in the centre of Sleaford and then it was onto the main street the first pub we found open was the Rose and Crown this is just off the main shopping street,the pub looked nice enough and there were three pumps on the bar but none in use,this was a bad start to the day.

The next pub which was just round the corner on the high street was the Pack Horse this is an old pub converted into a Spoons and there was a good choice of guest beers on the bar.

After this pub it was a short walk up the road to the Marquis of Granby this was a decent looking pub and it had been done up inside but it stiil had a proper pub feel to it,there were two real ales on here,i quite liked this one.

The next pub was back down the high street and a right turn down west gate to another Marquis of Granby,this looked nice enough and there was one real ale on here.

back along west gate and cross over the high street and along east gate we then found our first closed pub the Waggon and Horses it was boarded up.

Back along east gate and down the high street and the next pub had dissapeared altogether this was called the Victoria,and further down this road and the White Hart was also closed untill further notice.

Carring on down the main street we then came to the Bull and Dog this was a very rough pub but there was one real ale on here.

Just a short walk from the Bull and Dog took us to the Nags head this was a Batemans tied house and the beer here was very poor.

We then carried on down the high street and over the train lines to the Carre Arms Hotel,this was very nice inside and there were two real ales on here.

Back up the high street then a right turn onto boston road took us to the White Horse this pub was quite nice inside but the one real ale was slightly off.
After this pub it was just up the road to the Barge and Bottle this was a modern pub with six real ales on the bar i did'nt rate this pub that much.

After this it was back onto the high street but the Grapes still had'nt opened.

Sleaford is a nice town though it is far too busy with traffic.

One thing i noticed was that of the four pubs that were either closed or didi'nt open three of them used to be fizz houses.