PDA

View Full Version : Now for completely different..

hopwas
18-01-2010, 15:13
I'll ask you 10 questions about me (pub related of course) and all you have do is answer relevant question. Simple. Ready? Here we go..

1) In mid 1990's I have met US President Bill Clinton in Malt Shovel, Birmingham. True or False

2) Which this following 3 JDWs I yet to visit?Square Peg, Birmingham The Hornet, Birmingham Charlie Hall, Erdington

3) Which pub company I hate the most.. Ember Inn, Beefeater, Sizzling Co.

3) I got first proper drunk in 1995 but in which Town/City? Derby, Tamworth, Birmingham

4) Many of you know I am great fan of real ales but which type I love the most? Stout, Porter, Mild

5) I got arrested once in Derby for drunk and disorderly. True or False

6) I lived in Derby for 3 years, I lived in terraced house directly opposite pub. True or False.

7) Before I discovered real ale, what brand of beer I used to drink? XXXX, Fosters, Carling

8) Which Spirit I love the most.. Baileys, Southern Comfort, Vodka

9) Most famous person in UK I have met in pub but which one? David Beckham, Jodie Marsh, Sir Billy Wright

10) Finally.. which JDW was the first I have visited? The Bolebridge in Tamworth, Standing Order in Derby, Figure of Eight in Birmingham

I will reveal all the answers in next few days.

Thank you!

runningdog
19-01-2010, 21:09
Sorry, mate, I got a bluidy clue, to much :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: I suppose..........

hopwas
19-01-2010, 21:16
Get your bluidy drink aside and answer.. It wouldnt take you one or two min.

arwkrite
19-01-2010, 21:55
Well somebody has to make a fool of themselves it may as well be me.

1. True..you was chatting up Bill while I was impressing Hilary.

2. Charlie Hall in Erdington....why would anyone want to visit......better leave it at that I may want to go back there one day.

3. Ember Inns ....but apart from a liking for twigs most try there best

3A. Hoppy you put in 2 x No .3 so thats eleven questions. What about Tamworth for the deed.

4. Stout ,something chewable any way

5. True . ..if you dont get arrested in Derby for being drunk either you are not trying or you are the Chief Constable

6. False ...I thought it was next door.

7. Fosters .....how did you tell the difference

8. Southern Comfort.....brewed by and for hillbillies if you believe the adverts. I reckon its cracked at a Du Pont chemical plant.

9. Sir Billy Wright.....never heard of the other two jessies.

10. Last one ... one more after this. Standing Order, Derby

Now where did the last one go.?

runningdog
19-01-2010, 22:06
Sorry, mate, I got a bluidy clue, to much :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: I suppose..........

arwkrite
19-01-2010, 22:11
I wish I had a few more :glass::glass::glass::glass::glass::drinkup: then I would have been incapable of using the keyboard.

RogerB
19-01-2010, 22:29
I think the answer is 42. :rolleyes:

Millay
19-01-2010, 23:18
Go on then, I’ll give it a go,

1. False, unless your real name is Monica and you smoke cigars

2. Whichever of the Birmingham ones is the newest

3. Sizzling Co, never heard of them

3 Again. (can’t you effing count!!) Tamworth, because Birmingham is too obvious.

4. Stout, aren’t we all

5. True, I’m not sure it’s possible to go to Derby and not get drunk

6. True, rather bears out my previous answer, also I don’t believe that there is a house in Derby that is not directly opposite a pub.

7. XXXX pre-dated Fosters as the shite beer from Aussie so I’ll go with that

8. Vodka clearly, Southern Comfort maybe but Baileys, a spirit, kindly leave the forum !!!

9. I suspect we all believe we have met all of these in a pub at some stage, I’ll say Sir Billy Wright because he’s not one that you would make up. (My claim to fame is that I met Sir Garfield Sobers in a pub once, his minder pushed me out of the way)

10. The Figure of Eight is from memory a newish place, and one of the many places along Dante’s Inferno that is otherwise known as Broad Street. I’ll therefore go for the Bolebridge, Tamworth, largely on the basis of my answer to the second question 3. above.

arwkrite
19-01-2010, 23:31
Millay, Sizzling pubs are recent name but I have found they vary greatly. The food is cheap grills and chips and wine prices normally reasonable . My favourite is The Stag & Three Horseshoes at Quinton. I won't mention the worse but it was near Banbury. The Stag does good beer but some just do keg products.. As I say they are biggest variable in chain eateries.

Eddie86
20-01-2010, 00:08
Now for completely different..
I'll ask you 10 questions about me (pub related of course) and all you have do is answer relevant question. Simple. Ready? Here we go..

1) In mid 1990's I have met US President Bill Clinton in Malt Shovel, Birmingham. True or False

True. Who hasn't?

2) Which this following 3 JDWs I yet to visit?Square Peg, Birmingham The Hornet, Birmingham Charlie Hall, Erdington

I not your grammar fully understand. Charlie Hall

3) Which pub company I hate the most.. Ember Inn, Beefeater, Sizzling Co.

Beefeater. Nuff said ;)

3) I got first proper drunk in 1995 but in which Town/City? Derby, Tamworth, Birmingham
Derby

4) Many of you know I am great fan of real ales but which type I love the most? Stout, Porter, Mild
Stout, although technically stout is the brewery's strongest porter, and therefore a porter. And mild, just to be safe :D

5) I got arrested once in Derby for drunk and disorderly. True or False
True.

6) I lived in Derby for 3 years, I lived in terraced house directly opposite pub. True or False.
True

7) Before I discovered real ale, what brand of beer I used to drink? XXXX, Fosters, Carling
Carling, Darling?

8) Which Spirit I love the most.. Baileys, Southern Comfort, Vodka
I'm so tempted to say Baileys :p but SC for you sir

9) Most famous person in UK I have met in pub but which one? David Beckham, Jodie Marsh, Sir Billy Wright
SBW. Because I haven't heard of him

10) Finally.. which JDW was the first I have visited? The Bolebridge in Tamworth, Standing Order in Derby, Figure of Eight in Birmingham
FO8

Thank you!
J.D Wetherspoon =

oldboots
20-01-2010, 08:26
I haven't been through all your posts but I reckon

1. True and he offered you a smoke on “that” cigar :eek:

2. I thought it would have been Coleshill but I 'll guess Erdington :confused:

3. Trick question - all equally :twigs::twigs::twigs:

other question 3 :muppet: and another trick was it all three on the same day? :cool:

4. MILD:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

5. False it wasn't just once ;)

6. True that's why you chose that house :pray:

7. Trick question none of those are beers :muppet:

8. Southern Comfort with an umbrella and a cherry :p

9. Got to be Billy Wright – no-one would brag about meeting the others :rolleyes: isn't he a comedian from the NorthEast?

10. I think Derby was where you had your Damascene moment.:drinkup::nishelypished:

hopwas
20-01-2010, 14:40
Eddie86..

You got 4/11.

Hoppy

hopwas
20-01-2010, 14:42
Oldboots

You got 3/11

( I know I put number 3 twice)

Hoppy

hopwas
20-01-2010, 14:45
Arwkrite

You got 3/11

Hoppy

hopwas
20-01-2010, 14:46
Millay

you got 5/11

Not too bad couple of lucky guesses I must say..

Hoppy

arwkrite
20-01-2010, 14:49
Hoppy my answers were completely tounge in cheek. Had I taken it seriously I reckon my score would have been zero

hopwas
20-01-2010, 15:00
Hoppy my answers were completely tounge in cheek. Had I taken it seriously I reckon my score would have been zero

Tounge in cheek or not.. it is still marked :p

RogerB
20-01-2010, 18:03
Since the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42, I reckon I won with full points.:p

Soup Dragon
20-01-2010, 18:16

1) In mid 1990's I have met US President Bill Clinton in Malt Shovel, Birmingham. True or False - TRUE as you were the guy that painted the grass green in Brum and asked the hairdresser 'Monica's' to take her sign down as it was on the presidential route into Brum from the airport

2) Which this following 3 JDWs I yet to visit?Square Peg, Birmingham The Hornet, Birmingham Charlie Hall, Erdington I will go for the Hornet - at the Fox and Goose, near where i used to live - even i have been in that one and as it runs a 'smart dress only' policy, i assume that counts you out;)

3) Which pub company I hate the most.. Ember Inn, Beefeater, Sizzling Co. You like them all - Fox is Ember so it cant be that - i will go for Sizzling, as they are generally CRAP:twigs:

3) I got first proper drunk in 1995 but in which Town/City? Derby, Tamworth, Birmingham Derby - well, you ended up in Derby, you started the night in Tamworth

5) I got arrested once in Derby for drunk and disorderly. True or False FALSE - you were arrested more than once!:rolleyes:

6) I lived in Derby for 3 years, I lived in terraced house directly opposite pub. True or False. TRUE, but you were 5 and couldnt afford a drink:nishelypished:

7) Before I discovered real ale, what brand of beer I used to drink? XXXX, Fosters, Carling All three, and you still do:D

8) Which Spirit I love the most.. Baileys, Southern Comfort, VodkaBaileys - you still have 15 Xmas bottles yet

9) Most famous person in UK I have met in pub but which one? David Beckham, Jodie Marsh, Sir Billy Wright Billy Wright

10) Finally.. which JDW was the first I have visited? The Bolebridge in Tamworth, Standing Order in Derby, Figure of Eight in Birmingham F8 in Brum, not really sure why, but it clearly left a scar

Thank you!

Unlike Mr A, all my answers are 100% genuine

Soupy

hopwas
20-01-2010, 18:21
Unlike Mr A, all my answers are 100% genuine

Soupy

You missed out question number 4... :whistle:

Soup Dragon
20-01-2010, 18:27
Well, if you dont know, how the hell should I!

You like your Hobgoblin and so i will go for Porter, though for you that is spelt W O R T H I N G T O N

;)

hopwas
20-01-2010, 18:43
Well, if you dont know, how the hell should I!

You like your Hobgoblin and so i will go for Porter, though for you that is spelt W O R T H I N G T O N

;)

:D:D:D

By the way you scored 5/11.. must do harder next time old man. :p

hopwas
21-01-2010, 13:37
1) In mid 1990's I have met US President Bill Clinton in Malt Shovel, Birmingham. False! Bill Clinton DID visit Malt Shovel, Bham while on tour of UK but never met him.

2) Which this following 3 JDWs I yet to visit? The Hornet, Birmingham

3) Which pub company I hate the most.. Sizzling Co. I just dont like smell of burnt steaks around in the room and no proper real ales..

3) I got first proper drunk in 1995 but in which Town/City? Derby On very first night I moved to Derby!

4) Many of you know I am great fan of real ales but which type I love the most? Porter I just love the taste of porter. Stronger the better

5) I got arrested once in Derby for drunk and disorderly. True! I was so drunk that I didn't notice police when I was having wee outside Denhams on main street!

6) I lived in Derby for 3 years, I lived in terraced house directly opposite pub. True. Opposite Victora Hotel, Cowley Street (now closed)

7) Before I discovered real ale, what brand of beer I used to drink? XXXX Sad but it was cheap at that time..

8) Which Spirit I love the most.. Southern Comfort I love taste of spices and very warming.

9) Most famous person in UK I have met in pub but which one? Jodie Marsh You may find it is not possible but it is true! I met her in The Bolebridge, Tamworth for grand opening of Stripper club opposite The Bolebridge. She was wrecked and it was not even 8pm.. Never met David Beckham but DID meet great Wolves Legend Sir Billy Wright in B'ham.

10) Finally.. which JDW was the first I have visited?Standing Order in Derby Way back in 1995. I first went to Tamworth's The Bolebridge in 2001 and Figure of Eight in 2003

]

Soup Dragon
21-01-2010, 15:09
considering you had 10 questions Hoppy - how did i get 5/11?

and py the way, Bill Clinton has posted on US Pubs Galore that he loved his time in Brum, meeting a guy in the Malt Shovel that went on about spoons all the time - are you sure you didnt meet him?

hopwas
21-01-2010, 15:14
considering you had 10 questions Hoppy - how did i get 5/11?

and py the way, Bill Clinton has posted on US Pubs Galore that he loved his time in Brum, meeting a guy in the Malt Shovel that went on about spoons all the time - are you sure you didnt meet him?

I put question 3 twice.. 1,2,3,3,4 etc Hence I got 11 questions instead of 10.. I cant bloody count!

Soup Dragon
21-01-2010, 15:17
you Womble

arwkrite
21-01-2010, 15:33
Must say its not one of the best C.V.s I have ever seen. It should give then hysterics down at the job centre.

Soup Dragon
21-01-2010, 15:37
We cant lose Hoppy - PG without Hoppy would be like an Ember Inns without twigs;)

Oggwyn Trench
21-01-2010, 19:08
We cant lose Hoppy - PG without Hoppy would be like an Ember Inns without twigs;)

It would be more like JDW with decent service , just not right

Eddie86
21-01-2010, 19:29
It would be more like JDW with decent service , just not right

Amen, after yesterday!