PDA

View Full Version : Premier League Game 2011/12 Season

ROBCamra
23-07-2011, 17:45
This game is now available to play again.

It's a slightly different login system to last year but the game is still the same.

Clive are you setting up a PuG pool again this year? :cheers:

Millay
23-07-2011, 22:47
This game is now available to play again.

It's a slightly different login system to last year but the game is still the same.

Clive are you setting up a PuG pool again this year? :cheers:

Yes I will do, plus I'll set up the SportGuru one as well. Let's keep this thread just for the Fantasy Premier League Game.

Millay
24-07-2011, 06:31
Entered a quick draft team this morning to kick-off that obsessive pre-season wholesale change / tinker period.

I couldn't renew the PuG league as Roger set it up last year. I can create a new one but it's easier if last years is renewed as everyone automatically gets entered when they pick a team.

Roger, I assume you will enter a team so when you do please renew the PuG league. If you go into the 'Invite' tab you'll see the league's code. Post that here for any new joiners.

trainman
24-07-2011, 08:05
I'll be in, but can I also take this opportunity to remind everyone that the Sky 'Super Six' is free to enter and offers lots of lolly to lucky winners. £5k to weekly winner, £100k to season's winner, £100k to anyone getting all 6 scores correct in a single week. Last year I got £30 for exceeding 30 points (33, the big prize was won with 43 points). Good luck &, if someone here wins, I want my finder's fee... ;)

http://super6.skysports.com/

RogerB
24-07-2011, 13:15
Hi chaps - I have now renewed the league so you can now all pick your teams and enter.

Quinno
24-07-2011, 22:41
catch me if you can, chumps :D

Strongers
25-07-2011, 11:15
I missed the fantasy league last year so I wouldn't mind some direction on how to join up this time.

RogerB
25-07-2011, 11:33
Follow this link, http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ , register, spend £100m and then watch as your players get crocked, sent off or transerred abroad. There is a League Search tab - just find the "Pubs Galore" league and enter link yourself to it.

Strongers
25-07-2011, 22:00
Follow this link, http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ , register, spend £100m and then watch as your players get crocked, sent off or transerred abroad. There is a League Search tab - just find the "Pubs Galore" league and enter link yourself to it.

Cheers... All logged in and ready to win the wooden spoon.

Strongers
29-07-2011, 18:55
I've picked a provisional team, but I'm having problems joining the pug league. I've clicked join a league and then private league but a code is required. Am I doing it right?

Millay
30-07-2011, 06:24
I've picked a provisional team, but I'm having problems joining the pug league. I've clicked join a league and then private league but a code is required. Am I doing it right?

I've checked the site Strongers and it looks as if you are right. If you didn't play last year then you need the actual code, it's not possible to just search for a league by name and enter it, probably to stop people joining random leagues uninvited.

Unfortunately I can see the code for the PG league either, I think it's just Roger as the administrator. Roger, if you go into the PG league and click the 'send invite' tab you'll see the code (I know this as I'm managing other leagues). Could you post it here so that those who didn't play last year can join.

trainman
05-08-2011, 12:43
I'll be in, but can I also take this opportunity to remind everyone that the Sky 'Super Six' is free to enter and offers lots of lolly to lucky winners. £5k to weekly winner, £100k to season's winner, £100k to anyone getting all 6 scores correct in a single week. Last year I got £30 for exceeding 30 points (33, the big prize was won with 43 points). Good luck &, if someone here wins, I want my finder's fee... ;)

http://super6.skysports.com/

Heads up to anyone wanting the chance to win the cash - it starts tomorrow, so don't miss the chance to get on the board from week1!
And don't forget my cut! :)

Strongers
05-08-2011, 13:44
Heads up to anyone wanting the chance to win the cash - it starts tomorrow, so don't miss the chance to get on the board from week1!
And don't forget my cut! :)

I've signed up.

Doesn't the premier league start next weekend?

Oh, It's not just the premier league. Better get my lucky thinking hat on!

trainman
10-08-2011, 17:20

i can't register with last year's details? Do we have to start again from scratch?

hondo
11-08-2011, 10:58
I couldn't log in either. Set up a new account which seemed fine until i tried to log back into it and kept getting password not recognized. I will give it a miss plenty on SportGuru to keep me busy.

Millay
13-08-2011, 06:53
i can't register with last year's details? Do we have to start again from scratch?

They have chganged the login process slightly. Instead of a username you enter an e-mail address. As long as is is the e-mail you used last year then you should be able to use the same password.

Millay
13-08-2011, 08:44
I see Trainman eventually made it.

I've also found that there are major technical problems with the site meaning that most attempts to log in are met with the error message

"Error logging in. Please check your details and try again".

This does not mean that your password is wrong. The site seems to be getting overloaded and it's only going to get worse as the deadline gets nearer. I suggest you just keep trying, I logged in after four or five failed attempts. Done my last minute tinkering and just about to log out, so get in quick and you can have my spot !

Good luck to all

Millay
18-08-2011, 22:17
In case anyone hasn't picked up on this, because of the cock-up on the site before the first week they are allowing everyone unlimited transfers before the next games without losing any points. Transfers to be confirmed by 11:30am Saturday.

Strongers
18-08-2011, 23:01
I've got a team registered, but I'm still at a loss in regard to the pug league.

Millay
19-08-2011, 00:03
I've got a team registered, but I'm still at a loss in regard to the pug league.

You need the code for the PuG league in order to enter it. Roger is the admin so only he can see it, I asked earlier that he posts the code here. Maybe drop him a PM and see if he's around.

ROBCamra
23-08-2011, 11:11
As I was going on holiday I picked my team before we went and had to rely on them to do the business for the first two weeks.

No surprise then that after a decent week one, half of my team got injured and I'm now exactly whee I was after our hols last year. Next to bottom.

Back to the long hard slog (and a wildcard) to get back in contention (hopefully). :D

Strongers
23-08-2011, 21:22
I've not played one of these before, but my current 104 points sticks me in second place in the PUG league. I'm sure that when I'm added after the next games I will have dropped a few places, like I did in the second round with a paltry score of 31.

RogerB
24-08-2011, 08:08
I too have been away so hadn't really picked my team with any conviction. Like Spurs, I will make a late surge into the thick of things.

RogerB
28-08-2011, 22:28
I can't remember who I had playing for me today but given the number of balls that ended up in the onion bag this afternoon I'm quite scared to see whether it was of any benefit to me.

Quinno
28-08-2011, 22:34
I can't remember who I had playing for me today but given the number of balls that ended up in the onion bag this afternoon I'm quite scared to see whether it was of any benefit to me.

Likewise. Some smug sods will have Dzeko and Rooney up front, let's hope they also had North London-based defenders too :D

RogerB
28-08-2011, 22:56
Given the extraordinary results today I haven't come out too bad but not exactly set the world flying either.

Millay
29-08-2011, 06:49
Likewise. Some smug sods will have Dzeko and Rooney up front, let's hope they also had North London-based defenders too :D

I have Dzeko but unfortunately have Drogba and Bent playing alongside and they did nothing ... a bit like the rest of my team. Only a fool would have Arsenal and Spurs defenders at the moment.

I did pair Dzeko with Rooney in one of my Telegraph teams, and also had Dempsey so 8 goals from that team. Shame I wasn't able to get Young in as well.

RogerB
06-12-2011, 14:46
Had a personal best this week - 82 points helped by 3 of the week's star players - Bale (26pts), Huth (15pts) and Murphy (9pts). Gone from relegation fodder to mid-table security in one weekend!

Millay
26-12-2011, 05:48
Time for a Christmas update on the Pubs Galore Fantasy Football League.

Racing away with 991 points is Peter Ashworth's Spiders From Mars :notworthy: . This gives Peter a 90 point lead over second place and he has also reached the 'ziggy' heights of around 13k place in the overall league (from over 2 million players). A great effort so far but I noticed the wildcard being burned early (more on wildcards later)

In second place on 901 points is Quinno with what looks like a fairly similar team to Peter's (you can see who the pros are at this game). Quinno has also built up an impressive team value of 106.4M with some shrewd transfers. He has also played his wildcard though, so maybe there is hope for us chasers.

After a pretty poor start I've dragged myself into third place with 837 points, but only just. I'm heading a group of 5 (Delboy, Steve Wilson, Roger and ROBCamra being the others) where there is just 41 points between us. That's the sort of lead that can be swept up in a good/bad week so all to play for.

Bringing up the rear are Trainman, who is probably getting enough fantasy football watching Man City, and Strongers who seems to have given up and resigned himself to relegation (to the BITE league? :p )

If you haven't already played your wildcard this can be used in any week to make as many transfers as you want to without losing any points.

Please also be aware that we are approaching a special January wildcard window where there is an extra one-off wildcard that can be used between Gameweeks 20-23 which is 2nd Jan to 4th Feb. This is a special 'use it or lose it' wildcard and cannot be carried over until later weeks. You can use it at any time during the window but it is only valid for one Gameweek, i.e. you cannot make 4 transfers in GW21 then another 5 in GW23. This is a useful wildcard as it can help you to repair an underperforming squad. Some may use it around week 20 when Tottenham and Everton have two games and some might save it until the end when there may be some bargains from the actual January transfer window activity.

Good luck to everyone for the second half of the season and let's see if we can catch Peter and Quinno :pray:

Cheers
Clive

Strongers
28-12-2011, 23:40
I got prediction fatigue, but still pop my head in a make the odd wrong change.

ROBCamra
30-12-2011, 11:55
The cup started last week and I just managed to scrape through to the second round with a 51 - 50 win.

The team I beat was almost one million places below me at start of play, but he had Gareth Bale in his team who nearly did it for him.

My next opponent is about 40,000 places above me. Time for a giant killing I hope. :p

How did everyone else get on? Are we all still standing? :cheers:

Wild Rover
30-12-2011, 12:37
Well done on your cup win Rob and hope you have a good run.As Milay stated Everton and Tottenham both play twice in week 20 and might be worth considering selecting a few Spurs and Everton as there other matches are against lesser opposition.I have gradually sneaked a few Everton players into my squad and by the start of week 20 should have 6 players playing twice.This plan does not always pay off,but you could, if you wanted have your captain playing twice,which could pay dividends,and the week afterwards if needed your wildcard could be used.

Remember your transfers for week 19 have to be tonight as Liverpool are playing Everton

Good Luck

ROBCamra
02-01-2012, 09:55
My next opponent is about 40,000 places above me. Time for a giant killing I hope. :p

So much for the giant killing. :p

Only 1 goal scored, no assists, no clean sheets, only 3 bonus points scored. I had a mare. :(

Maldenman
02-01-2012, 10:07
That late Sunderland winner did for me, clean sheets from Hart and Kompany would have left me well clear. Lost 29-31.

Wild Rover
02-01-2012, 10:09
Look on the bright side Rob you can now concentrate on the league

ROBCamra
02-01-2012, 10:23
Look on the bright side Rob you can now concentrate on the league

Avoiding relegation in my case. ;)

ROBCamra
16-01-2012, 08:03
I'm getting really good at this game.

Demba Ba goes to the Afican Cup Of Nations so who do I transfer in?

Yakubu, who promptly gets sent off and earns me a total of -2 points. :muppet:

Like I said I'm getting good at this. :moremad:

Quinno
16-01-2012, 12:27
Yakubu, who promptly gets sent off and earns me a total of -2 points. :muppet:

Like I said I'm getting good at this. :moremad:

Yer not the only one!

Millay
24-03-2012, 15:14
Brought in Walcott and Holt this week. three goals between them in the first half makes it one of my few inspired decisions

Millay
24-03-2012, 15:58
And then Holt gets sent off. Could be a short stay in my team. Shame as they have some decent fixtures coming up. Suarez as skipper plus McLean in mf so should be a decent week for me.

RogerB
02-05-2012, 09:11
I think Clive has set a new records this week - 107 pts!

gillhalfpint
02-05-2012, 10:20

OMG. I thought for a moment he had got through 107 pints this week!!!

Wild Rover
02-05-2012, 11:39
Yes an excellent score with 4 players tonight as well.

Quinno
02-05-2012, 11:56
OMG. I thought for a moment he had got through 107 pints this week!!!

Might be with Roger! He'll get around 7 or 8 in tonight at the Dartford v Basingstoke match (I will stick to halves as I need to retain my lucky mascot status, they have never lost away from home with me in the crowd!)

Millay
02-05-2012, 21:24

Now up to 137 with tomorrow's bonus points to come. Surely Cisse will get all 3 and hoping Bale or VdV pick some up.

This was my death or glory week as I still had my wildcard left so packed my team with 11 players who potentially had two games in the gameweek. Captained Kyle Walker so delighted with his clean sheet and goal in the last game, shame they couldn't keep the clean sheet tonight. My three Everton players, Hibbert, Piennar & Fellaini did me proud and of course Cisse got a couple tonight. Only regret was that I swapped Suarez out for Crouch.

Still, it all worked out well and I had a storming week. Probably not enough to catch Peter Ashworth, who also got 100+ pts this week but I have caught the leader in my work league after being second for the last three months.

Wild Rover
02-05-2012, 22:09
137 is a supurb score and you should get another 4 tomorrow.an excellent week to use your wild card,with your Everton players getting you plenty of points.At the moment i am on a downward spiral but with 2 weeks left might just hang on.

Good luck

Quinno
02-05-2012, 22:40
I died on my arse this week, forgot to update the team on Friday. Blown my chances in the Nags head-to-head - I was 2nd!

RogerB
03-05-2012, 07:57
Now up to 137 with tomorrow's bonus points to come. Surely Cisse will get all 3 and hoping Bale or VdV pick some up.

This was my death or glory week as I still had my wildcard left so packed my team with 11 players who potentially had two games in the gameweek. Captained Kyle Walker so delighted with his clean sheet and goal in the last game, shame they couldn't keep the clean sheet tonight. My three Everton players, Hibbert, Piennar & Fellaini did me proud and of course Cisse got a couple tonight. Only regret was that I swapped Suarez out for Crouch.

Still, it all worked out well and I had a storming week. Probably not enough to catch Peter Ashworth, who also got 100+ pts this week but I have caught the leader in my work league after being second for the last three months.

...and the FA still overlooked you for the England job.

Millay
05-05-2012, 12:03
I died on my arse this week, forgot to update the team on Friday. Blown my chances in the Nags head-to-head - I was 2nd!

I noticed that Quinno. Looked at your side and thought you must have forgotten to update it, schoolboy error in a big Double Gameweek.

I fnished on 145 pts but am still trailing Peter Ashworth by 66 pts. We have similar sides with 6 players in common but if Van Persie draws a blank today and Ronney bags a hatfull tomorrow I might have a chance.

ROBCamra
05-05-2012, 12:12

And I'm only 39 points behind you now. Watch your back Quinno. :p

Millay
12-05-2012, 10:51
I fnished on 145 pts but am still trailing Peter Ashworth by 66 pts. We have similar sides with 6 players in common but if Van Persie draws a blank today and Ronney bags a hatfull tomorrow I might have a chance.

Well that didn't work and going into the final week I am trailing Peter by 87 pts so will admit defeat. :notworthy:. I should be safe in second spot but Quinno and ROBC are battling for the final place on the rostrum with Quinno having a 28pt advantage.

At the bottom Strongers and Trainman are fighting for the wooden spoon. I suspect if City beat QPR on Sunday then Trainman won't be at all bothered.

As all this week's games are on Sunday the cut-off time for final transfers is 11:30 Sunday. Anyone who has Dempsey in their side, and frankly there can't be many who haven't, note that he is injured and Martin Jol has said that he won't play.

trainman
16-05-2012, 11:59
I suspect if City beat QPR on Sunday then Trainman won't be at all bothered.

I cannot see (at work) how the PG league finished but, Millay, your suspicion was spot ON!
C/D, where's my emoticon flag? - you've had 44 years to develop it, albeit you probably thought it would never be needed! :)