PDA

View Full Version : Lichfield / Burntwood corrections

hopwas
12-01-2010, 17:08
Slightly dizzy at the mo (must be something do with alcohol :whistle:)

Anyway..

Sharkeys Bar, Bird St, Lichfield

I thought so.. it doesnt exist!

The Buck, Greenhill, Lichfield

It was reported closed on this website. I am very suprised someone reported it closed. In fact it was never closed! :eek:

The Trident, Chase Road, Burntwood

Closed and put up for sale

The Swan, High St, Burntwood

Empty and put up for sale

One thing I noticed about Burntwood pubs that they tend to open later than usual opening time. Only The Star and The Crown opened as normal. Bit of wasted journey for me :moremad:

Conrad
13-01-2010, 09:55
Hi Hoppy,

Hope your head is ok this morning. We have removed Sharkeys Bar. Marked The Buck (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56637/) as closed, Soup was obviously there on an afternoon drink. Marked The Trident (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/66623/) and The Swan (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/34190/) (maybe the new owners will serve MILD) as closed.

Thanks for all those

hopwas
13-01-2010, 15:06
Marked The Buck (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56637/) as closed

Don't you mean un-opened? :whistle:

Thanks for your concern, my head is fine this morning. :D

Conrad
13-01-2010, 15:16
Better than mine apparently! I did indeed un-close it.

hopwas
13-01-2010, 15:22
Better than mine apparently! I did indeed un-close it.

:D:D:D

Bad hangover then?

Conrad
13-01-2010, 15:27
I wish, just plain incompetence.

hopwas
13-01-2010, 15:30
just plain incompetence.

Just like Bristol City eh?

Dave M
13-01-2010, 16:06
Just like Bristol City eh?

That is harsh - Conrad isn't that incompetent! :mad:

Conrad
13-01-2010, 16:18
I don't know, I am still laughing about last nights match. Not the result I would of wished for, but when the Cardiff fans had been chanting at Williams 'Thats why you're a substitute' on the sidelines, you have to love it when he comes on and scores the goal for the replay in injury time :D

We wont mention the rest of it though :(

hopwas
13-01-2010, 16:37
Only just over 7,000 for last night.

Shocking even through it is only FA Cup. I fear FA Cup is dying as it do generate much needed monies for lower league teams and Non League teams like my team, Tamworth.

I do personally think Premier League and Championship teams are only interested in "Swanky" lifestyle and ripping off genuine fans. I do detest "Dont you know who I am?" superstars..

Conrad
13-01-2010, 17:08
Only just over 7,000 for last night.

Shocking even through it is only FA Cup. I fear FA Cup is dying as it do generate much needed monies for lower league teams and Non League teams like my team, Tamworth.

I do personally think Premier League and Championship teams are only interested in "Swanky" lifestyle and ripping off genuine fans. I do detest "Dont you know who I am?" superstars..
I wouldn't read too much into last nights attendance, a lot of factors. It was snowing fairly heavily for Bristol, meaning a lot of fans were concerned it would be called off, or dangerous travelling home. It was televised on S4C and available on the FA cup website, and it was Cardiff, who we are seeing again in a fortnights time at home in the league, so not a very sexy tie really (although I guess there is the local rivalry aspect).

As to the top 2 leagues, I like to believe that is down to the team, in terms of the attitude it sounds like our players were far worse under previous managers when we were in the 3rd division (current League 1). I know what you mean though, a lot of our fans calling for the managers head as he hasn't got us sat on top of the league and we haven't won in 8, which for me is just nuts, I want to go down to the match and enjoy a good game, preferably where we are competitive, whilst I wouldn't moan at going up a level, I wouldn't be enjoying it so much if we were just in a division to be the whipping boys.

Soup Dragon
13-01-2010, 19:36
You never heard the Welsh commentary on SC4, Conrad, talk about bias. Chopra's goal was excellent, but the commentators said "everyone should enjoy it but the Bristol fans and Gary Johnson are basically hellbent on trouble [or words to that effect]". Funny, when Williams scored, they said "two great goals scored by welshmen". If that were on the BBC we would have complaints.

The Swan in Chasetown will re-open this week, we were talking to the new gaffer in the Cottage of Intent, Upper Gornal, last week. For Conrad's info, he intends to bring in real ale, but not MILD, so at least better than before (i believe i said something along the lines of more taps in the gents bogs. I went to the Buck on an evening, to watch part of the Villa game, it was closed after a raid for a short while, i believe, but was open again when i last passed it and I didnt report it as closed. The demise of the Trident is no shock, it was pretty lousy.

Conrad
13-01-2010, 20:58
I went ahead and marked The Swan (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/34190/) as open again or I will forget.

S4C may have had a comment judging by the attached photo of our manager joining in the goal celebration.

If I had been able to watch the S4C I would of chucked on the local radio for our own version of the biased commentary.

runningdog
13-01-2010, 21:16
:drinkup:...Is this thread drift I see before me...:drinkup:...ain't life grand, I'll have another before I get me coat...:drinkup: