PDA

View Full Version : Stockport Crown

trainman
30-06-2011, 07:54
Crown Inn (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/53526/)

I wonder if Alan's comment could be repositioned (date-wise) as the mention of Boddingtons (esp the modern day version) may dissuade treckers from visiting a true destination pub. I don't want to be censorus of other contributors but this one is close to my heart and, as the most recent entry, may deflect (at a glance) from the current excellence of the pub.

Galore Admin
30-06-2011, 09:30
Hi trainman,

This involves a database hack which we try to avoid as much as possible, also given Alan has over 2000 reviews this is not a door I want to open.

Sorry about that.

ROBCamra
30-06-2011, 09:50
Hi trainman,

This involves a database hack which we try to avoid as much as possible, also given Alan has over 2000 reviews this is not a door I want to open.

Sorry about that.

TM why don't you update your old review with details of your latest visit?

That way yours would become the latest one.

Better than a Db hack. :evilgrin:

Al 10000
30-06-2011, 17:30
I did put on my review that i visited the pub in 1989, i had hoped that that would be good enough to let people know that this was an old review.

I also put a date for the photo as i have also had a complaint about putting old photos on the site and not saying when they were took.

sheffield hatter
30-06-2011, 22:18
...the mention of Boddingtons (esp the modern day version) may dissuade treckers from visiting a true destination pub.

For that matter, the front of the pub still says "Boddingtons Beer" in big bold letters, but I don't think anyone is put off going into what is, as you quite rightly say, a destination pub. I think Alan's review is clear enough, and it's a nice reminder of the days when Boddies was worth crossing the Pennines for.