22-06-2011, 11:04
http://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Business/Business-Profile-The-Draft-House

Farway
22-06-2011, 15:16
http://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Business/Business-Profile-The-Draft-House

Just wish he could spell draught

oldboots
23-06-2011, 07:25
Have you thought he might be being honest and actually means "draft", that is something unfinished, incomplete, a work that is inferior to the final version? :D

However I'm glad it's not just me that gets irritated by that mispelling, the other particular modern horror that regularly gets up my nose is using "loose" (not tight) when they mean "lose" (mislay or be deprived of). :moremad:

Pubsignman
23-06-2011, 09:13
I think that in American English, all meanings of draft and draught are spelt 'Draft'. So I suppose their name would make sense if they were selling American beers, but I'm not sure that's the case.

At £4.50+ per pint, I'm unlikely to ever find out.

Conrad
23-06-2011, 11:58
It is indeed an Americanism, I had only ever known the spelling as Draft Horse though, so was a bit bemused as to what the complaints were about. I learn something new every day.

Farway
23-06-2011, 15:50
It is indeed an Americanism, I had only ever known the spelling as Draft Horse though, so was a bit bemused as to what the complaints were about. I learn something new every day.

Please please tell me you do not have "favorites" :sick:

aleandhearty
23-06-2011, 15:51
At £4.50+ per pint, I'm unlikely to ever find out.

Absolutely. I suppose it's a logical progression for some, that if beer is given the same reverence as wine then it can be priced accordingly. No doubt some deluded saps will think it bestows some sort of social cachet to pay that much, whilst keeping out the hoi polloi.

Conrad
23-06-2011, 16:01
Please please tell me you do not have "favorites" :sick:
Nope, the one I struggle with is center(re) in that I use it daily as part of my coding work, and it only works if you spell it the American way.

I suspect that I always assumed that the horses in question were conscripted and didn't volunteer.