PDA

View Full Version : golden girls

hondo
21-06-2011, 07:07
http://www.everards.co.uk/news_events/news/446/

Brewguru
21-06-2011, 08:05
Interesting they went for "A ruby red 5% ale, the beer has a rich fruit aroma with an underlying malty character" sounds good.
Camra seem to bang on eternally about golden hoppy beers especially for women, how refreshing to see some malt being used for a change.

Wittenden
21-06-2011, 13:20
Interesting they went for "A ruby red 5% ale, the beer has a rich fruit aroma with an underlying malty character" sounds good.
Camra seem to bang on eternally about golden hoppy beers especially for women, how refreshing to see some malt being used for a change.
"Malt does more than Milton can
To justify God's ways to Man"

aleandhearty
21-06-2011, 20:50

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel their 'choice' doesn't quite ring true?

gillhalfpint
22-06-2011, 09:45
I like brown malty beers. I will not be stereotyped. Probably can't spell it either. Hate anyone saying that a beer is brewed with women in mind. Favourites are brown beers, not golden, around 4.7 to 5.5% that have a bit of flavour and not bland or over hopped pale golden beers.

aleandhearty
22-06-2011, 10:04
I like brown malty beers. I will not be stereotyped. Probably can't spell it either. Hate anyone saying that a beer is brewed with women in mind. Favourites are brown beers, not golden, around 4.7 to 5.5% that have a bit of flavour and not bland or over hopped pale golden beers.

Didn't mean to get your dander up Gill! I'm not saying that all women drink golden ales, although my wife and sister certainly fit the profile, rather a ruby (as opposed to brown) five percenter seemed a weird choice for a first brew. I just wondered if they were gently nudged in that direction?

Spinko
24-06-2011, 16:53
Bizarre thread? I have found that women find their way into beer mainly through the Belgian fruit beers. Which is a bit strange really, considering they are always a bit too sour for most beer drinkers.

gillhalfpint
25-06-2011, 19:04
I try to keep off fruit beers myself as they are not to my liking either.

Gann
26-06-2011, 18:57
My Wifes favourite beer is Green King IPA.

Should I divorce her ?

ETA
27-06-2011, 12:33
Favourites are brown beers, not golden, around 4.7 to 5.5% that have a bit of flavour and not bland or over hopped pale golden beers.

Ditto Mrs A. After 18 years of marriage (and gods know how many of pre-marital hedonism beforehand) she suddenly decided four months ago to start drinking ales instead of lagersd and ciders, and her favourites are most definitely the browner beers, the nuttier the better.

We're still not quite there yet though - her favourite is Old Suffolk, another GK brew, but we're getting there, one step at a time.

Farway
27-06-2011, 15:03
Ditto Mrs A. After 18 years of marriage (and gods know how many of pre-marital hedonism beforehand) she suddenly decided four months ago to start drinking ales instead of lagers and ciders, and her favourites are most definitely the browner beers, the nuttier the better.

She's not pregnant is she? :D

ETA
28-06-2011, 06:00
She's not pregnant is she? :D

God, I hope not! Although last time it was an excuse to buy more beer-making kit (sterilisers, plastic bins etc etc).

But the very thought of it...*shudder*

aleandhearty
28-06-2011, 14:59
God, I hope not!....But the very thought of it...*shudder*

:D You can almost smell the panic across cyberspace!

ETA
29-06-2011, 06:30
:D You can almost smell the panic across cyberspace!

Yes, my avatar is having kittens at the thought of it.

rpadam
30-06-2011, 21:02
Yes, my avatar is having kittens at the thought of it.
It's not kittens you need to worry about...