PDA

View Full Version : Dublin

oldboots
21-05-2011, 23:29
A tadge late perhaps but I'm in Dublin this weekend and having done Magiures, and a couple of the The Porterhouse pubs does anyone want to suggest a few good ones for Sunday afternoon (after Mass of course :p).

rpadam
22-05-2011, 10:05
A tadge late perhaps but I'm in Dublin this weekend and having done Magiures, and a couple of the The Porterhouse pubs does anyone want to suggest a few good ones for Sunday afternoon (after Mass of course :p).
The Palace Bar (Fleet Street) - a little bar in a busy part of town, but a fine spot for a pint of Galway Hooker and cheese an onion roll
Ryans of Parkgate Street - halfway to a gastro-pub, but a fine interior and you can usually get a pint of a 'house' Buckleys beer on handpump
Bull & Castle (Christchurch) - 'gastro-pub and beer hall', run by the same people as Ryans (FXB) and you can usually get Galway Hooker and a few other craft beers
John Mulligan (Poolbeg Street) - a real old-fashioned Dublin drinking establishment, and try the McArdles Ale as an alternative to the regular Irish brews

oldboots
22-05-2011, 17:29
Thanks RP

I found the Palace and excellent it was too, Mulligan's is just round the corner from my hotel so I'll pop in there later maybe after the Bull & Castle plus a pint or two in the Temple Bar Porterhouse unless the Garda shut anymore roads :mad: