PDA

View Full Version : What plans have you all for New Years Eve.

Tilly-Miss
28-12-2009, 14:29
As i try to recover my senses it has dawned on me that i am going to have to suffer a little bit more, after a lovely xmas day at my friends pub i have been celebrating probably a bit to often, the body feels drained from the grip of drink, i keep telling myself that is the last time,but it certainly is not because i have more family arriving and we have some decisions on what pub shall we go to,both are charging entry fee (my ticket is free) included is a free pint and there will be a buffet added as the night goes on,so with disco it should be interesting.

Anyhow what are you guys planning in your hometown, going out,staying in to keep wife happy and maybe a little romance? or having some hardcore partying.

Always nice to know what makes everyone happy,whatever you choose have a great evening.

Delboy20
28-12-2009, 16:10
Hi,

I shall do what I always do. Have an enormous Chinese takeaway with my daughter and partner. A couple of bottles of wine to wash it down.

My days of going out on New Years Eve are long gone. I always objected to having to pay to go in a pub ( they will gladly drag me in the rest of the year ! ). I have never been one to sit in the same pub all night and having a pub crawl on NYE is almost impossible.

I feel a bit drained from drinking pretty constantly over the last week but I do have a big crawl planned for tomorrow afternoon and then the Villa match.

Cheers,

Del.

aleandhearty
28-12-2009, 17:14
Hi,
My days of going out on New Years Eve are long gone. I always objected to having to pay to go in a pub ( they will gladly drag me in the rest of the year ! ). I have never been one to sit in the same pub all night and having a pub crawl on NYE is almost impossible.

... I do have a big crawl planned for tomorrow afternoon and then the Villa match.

Certainly agree with your sentiment about NYE. Who the hell wants to pay for the privilege of being squashed like a sardine next to some acne ridden hobbledehoy? If I'm lucky, I'll squeeze a couple of pints in before going round to our friends nearby for intensive red wine and malt whisky therapy..........I think I'd need to go on a crawl before watching Villa. :)

oldboots
28-12-2009, 17:24
I will do what I (almost) always do and get bladdered. I used to go out with friends to a pub until a few years back, we would purloin a corner of our local and sit there all night. In spite of this the normal tradition for most people round our way was a fancy dress pub crawl. As you say Delboy the modern trend for tickets only and bouncer mania has put paid to that tradition. I shall spend this Hogmanany at home with family and with some select bottled beers and a big bottle of Glen Morangie - slantie va :cheers:

I've just remembered I've got a bottle of Westvlertern (Belgian abbey beer) hidden away, that should start the evening off well as it's 12%. As it's brewed by monks it's all very holy and stuff and not like drinking real beer at all; in fact it's probably some sort of religious duty or something to neck this; and very sacred. I bet you go straight to hell if you don't drink this actually. Well that's what I told the wife when it cost me 12 euros for a bottle.

Eddie86
28-12-2009, 20:06
Sadly I personally feel that the New Millennium Eve gave the wrong idea to a lot of people - charge entrance, put door staff on etc etc. Now for pubs like us, who provide a more traditional NYE (aka a special menu in the restaurant and a certain Mr Holland on the tele) without charging entry (I'd be pissed if I drank in my local 3 or 4 times a week all year to then have to pay just to get in one night), a lot of people don't bother coming out. We're starting to get a reputation for a quieter, dare I say it more traditional NYE with shampoo at midnight, but a lot of our customer base spend NYE at home or at friends now.

I work the bar every NYE, as apart from anything else it means taking 10 mins out with mum and dad with a glass bubbly. It also means I can't get tempted to act my age and spend far too much money entering the local club for the inevitable disappointment at midnight (nothing actually happens...)

hopwas
28-12-2009, 20:13
Right.. I paid for NYE tickets at my local, The Fox (Hopwas) and it has sold out already. Starting at 7.30pm and finishing at 1.30am.

But before that, I will be dining in Chinese Restaurant with my elderly parents in town then few bevvys in town pubs. After that, I will catch taxi to Fox... LETS PARTY!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Only problem is I will be nursing my hangover next day as I have to be at Tamworth FC for Kettering FC game.. :sick:

Oh well I am gettimg used to it as I have been in last 15 years... :D

Conrad
29-12-2009, 01:58
I will most likely stay at home with the wife, weather reports are suggesting snow (although apparently it was supposed to be snowing outside now and isn't) and I am not the hardy person I used to be, going out looking like the Michelin man lacks some style.

Did used to enjoy crowding in the pubs up until a few years ago, think I have only ever paid to get into a venue once on NYE (and that was a night club so slightly justified). I fear it is a sign of getting old that that has lost its appeal.

Farway
29-12-2009, 10:21
I will be doing my normal miserable old git on NYE, a few quite bevvies indoors whilst getting more annoyed at cr*p on the tele, wander off to bed before midnight slightly fuzzy then get woken up by bluddy fireworks :mad:

Bah humbug

hopwas
29-12-2009, 11:30
Did used to enjoy crowding in the pubs up until a few years ago, think I have only ever paid to get into a venue once on NYE (and that was a night club so slightly justified)

I used go to night club on NYE every year in my youth days then I decided against go to 2002 new year in nightclub (due to rising costs) Didnt celebrate in nightclub since then. Now I go to pub on NYE as it is far cheaper and easier to serve beers.

Most important of all... Pub will serve real ales while nightclub doesnt!

Soup Dragon
29-12-2009, 11:50
I am at friends, with the family, in Lichfield. Hope to get a few pubs in during the day though.

Tilly-Miss
29-12-2009, 12:08
I will do what I (almost) always do and get bladdered. I used to go out with friends to a pub until a few years back, we would purloin a corner of our local and sit there all night. In spite of this the normal tradition for most people round our way was a fancy dress pub crawl. As you say Delboy the modern trend for tickets only and bouncer mania has put paid to that tradition. I shall spend this Hogmanany at home with family and with some select bottled beers and a big bottle of Glen Morangie - slantie va :cheers:

I've just remembered I've got a bottle of Westvlertern (Belgian abbey beer) hidden away, that should start the evening off well as it's 12%. As it's brewed by monks it's all very holy and stuff and not like drinking real beer at all; in fact it's probably some sort of religious duty or something to neck this; and very sacred. I bet you go straight to hell if you don't drink this actually. Well that's what I told the wife when it cost me 12 euros for a bottle.

Like what you quoted a man after my own heart, enjoy your evening and the hangover.

Tilly-Miss
29-12-2009, 12:10
I will be doing my normal miserable old git on NYE, a few quite bevvies indoors whilst getting more annoyed at cr*p on the tele, wander off to bed before midnight slightly fuzzy then get woken up by bluddy fireworks :mad:

Bah humbug

Always time to change Farway,you just might enjoy it.

Tilly-Miss
29-12-2009, 12:11
Have a great night and enjoy your footie.

Tilly-Miss
29-12-2009, 12:13
Certainly agree with your sentiment about NYE. Who the hell wants to pay for the privilege of being squashed like a sardine next to some acne ridden hobbledehoy? If I'm lucky, I'll squeeze a couple of pints in before going round to our friends nearby for intensive red wine and malt whisky therapy..........I think I'd need to go on a crawl before watching Villa. :)

Very well said, i will be alright cos nobody likes me,so i will have a good seat on my own ROFL.

hopwas
29-12-2009, 12:14
I am at friends, with the family, in Lichfield. Hope to get a few pubs in during the day though.

Hope you will have good booze up at :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: (The Acorn)

Oh If you do ever pop in DoY.. lemme know what ales they are selling cheers!

Oh one more thing.. you will be pleased to hear that The Fox, Hopwas now selling M&B :notworthy: for just £1.90

Soup Dragon
29-12-2009, 12:21
Hope you will have good booze up at :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: (The Acorn)

Nahhhh, i was thinking of going to a pub

hopwas
29-12-2009, 13:04
Nahhhh, i was thinking of going to a pub

Ohhh cheeky... :rolleyes:

Oggwyn Trench
29-12-2009, 18:44
I will be staying in with the Wife and Son and several bottles of Red Wine and Port (might treat meself to a bottle of Ouzo).
We always used to go to the pub , but i dont get on with the landlady anymore at my former local , and the rest of the pubs either charge in advance or are full of dickheads (somebody got glassed on Xmas day in one of the local pubs)
Have been invited to a party , but a night drinking Carling surrouned by overtired , hyped up kids , dont appeal

Conrad
29-12-2009, 19:30
I used go to night club on NYE every year in my youth days then I decided against go to 2002 new year in nightclub (due to rising costs) Didnt celebrate in nightclub since then. Now I go to pub on NYE as it is far cheaper and easier to serve beers.

Most important of all... Pub will serve real ales while nightclub doesnt!
Yeah the time I went in a night club was rubbish, only thing going for it was the pool tables. Would always choose a pub in preference.

runningdog
29-12-2009, 22:10
Well, Mrs 'rd' is working, she won't be home till the early hours, so me an the dogs'll be on our own. It'll be a few at the Nightjar, my local JDW early on, then home and a few more. I was going to say long live the Beast...:drinkup:..., but of course it won't. Then, up in th'attic there are a few bottles of Orkney beers plus a couple of Royal Oak, if I can decant the bluidy things properly.
All in all, you can say that, barring spillages, I'm going to enjoy New Years Eve. Simple needs me, :cheers::cheers:

PS In case you're wondering there'll be a cup of tea waiting for me missus..........

arwkrite
30-12-2009, 23:29
I have not been out late on NYE for some years. Me and the Mrs would go for an early evening meal and return home or our hotel room well before the festive crowd hit the streets. I am looking at some drinks at home, getting bored with telly so ending up playing with the computer while listening to some music.However it would not surprise me if friends invited me to their house for a drink and a chat.
Whatever you are all doing have a good time and I wish you all a Happy New Year....arwkrite

ROBCamra
31-12-2009, 14:37
A few pints of top notch real ale at the inevitable Baum in Rochdale followed by a load of tapas at La Mancha with a group of friends.

I keep saying I won't drink Cruzcampo again as it gives me a headache. But no doubt I will

RogerB
31-12-2009, 14:57
A trip up Royal Hill in Greenwich for me. Starting at the Richard III, Prince Albert or the Union Bar depending who will let us in. It may be a combination of the 3, all 3, or all 3 and the soon to be closed Royal George. Or maybe we will end up somewhere else. Who knows? Spontaneous decisions will determine the answer.:drinkup:

hopwas
31-12-2009, 15:40
Only few hours to go till I pop in My local The Fox, Hopwas for NYE party..

I have to be at Tamworth Football Club at 12pm next day *groans*.. god help me with my MEGA hangover.. :sick:

nogoodboyo
31-12-2009, 16:28
Unfortunately, I have to be up for work tomorrow ( starting at 0700) , so I'm afraid I'll be having a quiet night in with a couple of beers. Happy New Year everyone, I hope you'll all be having more fun than me!!

runningdog
31-12-2009, 16:33
Unfortunately, I have to be up for work tomorrow ( starting at 0700) , so I'm afraid I'll be having a quiet night in with a couple of beers. Happy New Year everyone, I hope you'll all be having more fun than me!!

Hard luck, mate, I hope so too..........

Conrad
31-12-2009, 16:49
From previous comments it sounds like you are in the health service, hope you are nowhere near A&E as I am guessing tonight/tomorrow is a fairly special day to be working there.

Happy New Year to you as well sir:cheers:

Oggwyn Trench
31-12-2009, 17:45
Still staying in but the night has improved , the Mrs has brought me a half a dozen bottles , a selection of Salopian Entire Butt and Butty Bach , i knew i`d` married her for something ;)

Soup Dragon
31-12-2009, 18:54
A Happy New Year to one and all

here's to PG in the new year:drinkup:

ROBCamra
01-01-2010, 10:39
And I did drink some Cruzcampo. Another resolution gone less than an hour into the new year.

Farway
01-01-2010, 12:34
I stayed in as per normal with a few bevvies, but to cap it all fell asleep and awoke at 0130 with TV talking to me :o