PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pubs to site our machines.

Tilly-Miss
23-12-2009, 18:04
I am launching our golf ball vending machine in the new year and would like to hear from any publican interested in having a machine sited.
I am prepared to offer a generous commission of 30p per ball sold in return for your hospitality.
If you would like to view our machines which can be free standing or wall mounted please visithttp://www.tilly-missgolf.com
There is no charge attached to any publican who site's our machine, i first trialed the machine in 3 various locations in Luxembourg initial trial was slow for around 6-7 weeks, then it was for some reason very popular vending over 500 balls between the 3 outlets.
Our machine is the first of its kind in the country,i have spoken with vending operators who tell me this has never been done before,so i have taken the steps to trademark our brand in 3 classes which are now in the process of completion.

Tilly-Miss
24-01-2010, 18:16
Took a trip to see family in the Cotswolds and decided to do some cold calling on a few selected venues,the response has been fantastic with 4 installs guaranteed,we have a further 5 venues who quickly looked at the machine,but due to the nature of the outlets being so busy have asked us to call back monday which my brother in law will do tomorrow morning,we also have 2 hotels to revisit who both liked the concept,but again to busy to properly sit and talk.
I would like to thank everyone we met,the comments were superb and not one single negative comment,the owner of a club actually wanted me to fit the machine there and then as they have there own golf society.
Tomorrow will see the machines installed and hopefully some pictures will follow,i have asked my brother in law to get a picture of the machines sited.
So many people were out and about the place was heaving the pubs were 4 or 5 deep what a nice surprise to see so many people out enjoying the weekend, we had a great time and the both of us finally arrived home at 02:15 am this morning,we took the car home and went in a local pub and got on the drink,god almighty the head was banging this morning but a good shower and a huge plate of bacon sarnies and a walk with tilly in the lovely countryside soon put us right

Conrad
25-01-2010, 11:37
Well done TM, good to see your hard work paying off!

Tilly-Miss
25-01-2010, 13:49
Thanks Conrad taking each day at a time,really pleased with the response and have heard today more machines are being sited.

RogerB
25-01-2010, 17:43
All sounds like a load of balls to me! :D

aleandhearty
25-01-2010, 18:20
All sounds like a load of balls to me! :D

......If a pub cancels a machine does that mean they've scratched your balls? Oh c'mon we can keep these going for hours! :D

Tilly-Miss
25-01-2010, 22:02
I have been waiting for the moment the comments started,what can i say i am speechless surrounded by thousands of balls, you are right thou,its all about having the balls to see it through...

Tilly-Miss
25-01-2010, 22:03
Now they are getting better,come on i can take it....

RogerB
25-01-2010, 22:39
......If a pub cancels a machine does that mean they've scratched your balls? Oh c'mon we can keep these going for hours! :D

We'll have a fairway to go to beat that one.

Millay
25-01-2010, 22:51
We'll have a fairway to go to beat that one.
You're driving me to drink Roger, I'm going to have to take a drop

Eddie86
25-01-2010, 22:52

Post of the Week!

trainman
26-01-2010, 09:26
Stop it! It's driving me mad. I'll getting really tee'd off! Par for the course, I suppose - putt it down to insufficient beer.

Eddie86
26-01-2010, 10:50
I hope the machines don't break down and start spitting balls out. It'd be a right balls-up if that happened...

On a serious note, I wouldn't mind seeing one of these machines and some more info. We're in quite a golfing hot-spot it appears (as for my knowledge, I can get it through the windmill but not past that damn clown!)

Tilly-Miss
26-01-2010, 11:05
Eddie "Golfing Hotspot" brings music to my ears, all the pubs are loving the machine so far and orders are coming through daily, i will PM you at some stage today with information,thank you for your interest.

Trainman..The problem with going round the pubs is that i end up worse for wear,my venture at the weekend lasted to the early hours of the morning and a hangover from hell.

Tilly-Miss
26-01-2010, 22:15
Another one on the wall and looking good,machine sited at Cricklade Club which has a very large golfing society,i am told within 15 minutes of the fitting the machine was constantly in use by the society members, a big thank you to Susan for allowing the fitting.

Tilly-Miss
27-01-2010, 01:03
Made some mistakes when i had the logo's done so time to get the changes made as soon as possible, i am now having the face of tilly added on the logo and instead of numbering the balls in the can i am adding the union jack flag,hopefully this will go towards the tourists who flock to Windsor & Eton to purchase the ball as a trinkett and i can sell hundreds and thousands to them all (LOL)

trainman
27-01-2010, 07:17
i am adding the union jack flag,hopefully this will go towards the tourists
Not at all a bad idea. Does this mean we'll also see you & your representatives with baskets of balls outside Buck Palace, London Eye, Tower of London, Madame Tussauds, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, & maybe Lillywhites at Piccadilly? How much was that commission?

Tilly-Miss
27-01-2010, 10:39
Aagh Trainman you have some great ideas worth thinking about, i should hire you as my area manager? thank you for your comment.....it just might happen !

Tilly-Miss
02-02-2010, 11:30
Another machine being sited today at the www.whitehartashton.co.uk

Tilly-Miss
02-02-2010, 12:15
And another going in www.garibaldiatburnham.com

hopwas
02-02-2010, 17:56
Hi Tilly-Miss..

I have read your wonderful blogsite, one of your blogs interest me..

Any news about golf ball "possibly" belonging to Tiger Woods?

Thanks

Hoppy

Tilly-Miss
02-02-2010, 20:26
Hopwas thank you for your comments very much appreciated. Regards the Tiger Ball nothing has been posted to me apart from a comment stating i should Ebay the ball.
Wonder if i get his wifes picture added to it might increase its value....now that is being naughty i know...

hopwas
04-02-2010, 14:05
Hi Tilly-Miss

Any chance selling it to me? :pray:

Conrad
04-02-2010, 15:07
For days now I have been working on a pun about Tiger only having 1 ball, in a similar vein to the classic ditty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_Has_Only_Got_One_Ball).

Couldn't quite make it funny though, and also feared it was inappropriate.

Just thought I would share that.

Eddie86
04-02-2010, 15:16
For days now I have been working on a pun about Tiger only having 1 ball, in a similar vein to the classic ditty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_Has_Only_Got_One_Ball).

Weather's nice today isn't it gents?

hopwas
04-02-2010, 15:19

:eek:

Conrad! You are setting a bad example to us normally well behaved forumers!

Oh Eddie, it is rather poor weather in Midlands...

Tilly-Miss
04-02-2010, 16:31
Hi Tilly-Miss

Any chance selling it to me? :pray:

The dog or the ball?

Tilly-Miss
04-02-2010, 16:33

That is a shame,would have been nice to have heard your ditto verse by verse.

hopwas
04-02-2010, 16:36
The dog or the ball?

I already got a dog.. he is Yorkie and I love him to bits!

Obviously I meant the ball...

My brother in law is Tiger Woods mad.. It would be great b'day present..

Tilly-Miss
04-02-2010, 17:38
Mail me your address and i will get it in the post compliments of tilly-miss tillymissgolf@aol.com

Conrad
04-02-2010, 23:12
Blimey Hoppy, I hope you are busily hawking Tilly-Miss's machines to the pubs on your pub crawls :)

hopwas
05-02-2010, 07:29
Blimey Hoppy, I hope you are busily hawking Tilly-Miss's machines to the pubs on your pub crawls :)

:D Only if Tilly-Miss started collecting Cricket balls... :whistle:

Tilly-Miss
05-02-2010, 10:42
The ball is wrapped and waiting for you hoppy....send me your address please.

hopwas
05-02-2010, 11:49
The ball is wrapped and waiting for you hoppy....send me your address please.

How much by the way.. then I will PM you

Hoppy

Tilly-Miss
05-02-2010, 13:32
Its with compliments from tilly-miss....free....

hopwas
05-02-2010, 13:35
Its with compliments from tilly-miss....free....

Really?! thanks!

PM is on way to you..

EDIT: Hmmm seems your pm is disabled. Can you enable it?

Conrad
05-02-2010, 14:45
I reiterate Hoppy, you better get on and start promoting those golf machines!

Also Tilly-Miss should have PM enabled, I have sent PM's back and forth before and checking through the admin console it looks like they are still enabled. So this one may be a problem for me.

hopwas
05-02-2010, 15:02
Also Tilly-Miss should have PM enabled, I have sent PM's back and forth before and checking through the admin console it looks like they are still enabled. So this one may be a problem for me.

Not for me. I think PMs between you and others only works if you are Admin while Iam not Admin so it is problem for me

Conrad
05-02-2010, 15:07
He PM'd me which he can't do if it is disabled (I don't think), also I can see a users control panel settings and if I am reading them right (I could be getting it wrong, it is damn confusing) he has it enabled.

What is happening? Where are you trying to PM from and what errors are you getting?

(Feel free to reply to this via PM if you don't want to clutter up this thread)

Conrad
05-02-2010, 15:13
Ok Hoppy,

Just seen you get the error message, I had misread Tilly-Miss's settings. I can see what is happening.

Tilly-Miss,

If you don't know why Hoppy can't PM you, just send me a PM and I will give you an explanation and can sort it out if you need me to.

hopwas
05-02-2010, 15:15
Ok Hoppy,

Just seen you get the error message, I had misread Tilly-Miss's settings. I can see what is happening.

Tilly-Miss,

If you don't know why Hoppy can't PM you, just send me a PM and I will give you an explanation and can sort it out if you need me to.

Yep that's the one I am talking about..

I had misread Tilly-Miss's settings

Your standards are slipping.. :whistle:

Conrad
05-02-2010, 15:16
Yep that's the one I am talking about..

I had misread Tilly-Miss's settings

Your standards are slipping.. :whistle:
I'm glad you think so, feels fairly typical to me :)

Tilly-Miss
05-02-2010, 17:11
Sent a PM to Conrad Hoppy,if you send your address to Conrad i will post the ball to you.Thanks Conrad for your help.

hopwas
05-02-2010, 17:20
Sent a PM to Conrad Hoppy,if you send your address to Conrad i will post the ball to you.Thanks Conrad for your help.

Done! PM sent to Conrad

Tilly-Miss
05-02-2010, 17:55
Thanks hopefully send it in the morning

hopwas
05-02-2010, 18:05
Thanks hopefully send it in the morning

Thanks Tilly! Looking forward to it. Hopefully my bro in law will be delighted.

Again thank you

Hoppy

Tilly-Miss
05-02-2010, 19:22
Got your info thank you both we got there in the end ! will post first thing in the morning

hopwas
06-02-2010, 11:31
Got your info thank you both we got there in the end ! will post first thing in the morning

Excellent!

I will inform you if I recieved it

Tilly-Miss
06-02-2010, 14:16
Hoppy sorry for late response,your parcel is in the post.....We have been busy fitting machines this morning, 2 on the wall and 1 free standing...

Tilly-Miss
06-02-2010, 14:35

My fitter getting to grips as another machine gets fitted.

Tilly-Miss
06-02-2010, 14:39

Nearly Finished...just the final touches and cleaning up to be done.

Tilly-Miss
06-02-2010, 14:47

A very happy landlord machine fitted and the cleaning done,Michael at the Chestnuts has a golfing society that has just raised near £3000 for the Help our hero's fund with a golfing day at Farnham Park Golf Club...Well done to everyone associated with a great cause and thank you for allowing us to add tilly-miss to your fine establishment and thanks for the beer...

Tilly-Miss
06-02-2010, 15:39

What a pair of beauties another one fitted and thank you Peter for organising,really appreciated.

hopwas
08-02-2010, 17:12
Hi Tilly

No post today.

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow

Hoppy

Tilly-Miss
08-02-2010, 19:09
You should have it by the morning,let me know i have the receipt here for it hoppy.

hopwas
08-02-2010, 19:10
You should have it by the morning,let me know i have the receipt here for it hoppy.

I'll let you know by tomorrow night as I am out all day.

Hoppy

hopwas
10-02-2010, 10:16
Hi Tilly!

Got your golf ball! Took me ages to rip out the wrapping! My friends gave me funny look when they saw your dog on the cover! I explained to them and even showed them your website!

Thanks for everything

Hoppy

Tilly-Miss
10-02-2010, 11:22
Aagh that is very kind of you hoppy, pleased the ball arrived safely,i do like to make sure everything is wrapped safe and secure....have fun and thank you.

hopwas
10-02-2010, 11:33
Aagh that is very kind of you hoppy, pleased the ball arrived safely,i do like to make sure everything is wrapped safe and secure....have fun and thank you.

No problem.

I left a note in your blog under Tiger Woods article.

Hoppy

Tilly-Miss
10-02-2010, 22:00
Tilly-Miss has her own page on Facebook anyone wishing to follow her antics www.facebook.com/pages/golf-ball-vending-machines/336606813744 we would appreciate any new followers.

hopwas
12-02-2010, 22:33
Hi Tillly..

I found this you may find very interesting regarding the golf ball that you sent me.. http://compare.ebay.com/like/380109945537?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes

Notice it is very same design apart from wording "2000 US OPEN CHAMPION"

Now I am starting feel that golf ball is REAL...

Will keep you updated

Hoppy

Tilly-Miss
12-02-2010, 22:44
Good on you Hoppy i had no doubt it was a genuine ball,that will buy you a few pints mate,keep me informed of progress,if it gets to the point of loads of money i will come up there and drink it all with you lol

hopwas
12-02-2010, 22:51
Good on you Hoppy i had no doubt it was a genuine ball,that will buy you a few pints mate,keep me informed of progress,if it gets to the point of loads of money i will come up there and drink it all with you lol

If you had no doubt then why did you decide to post it to me?

I am sure it will never be sold as my my bro in law is HUGE Tiger Woods fan. His b'day is tomorrow so I will present to him.. God help me as I don't know what his reaction like..

Tilly-Miss
12-02-2010, 23:58
The ball doesnt matter to me i have thousands,and some very good logo balls which would make good return if sold,but i do not bother worrying about value,the happiness of it all is making someone very happy and hopefully that will be your brother in law,putting a smile on someones face is priceless and that is what i like to do....have a good day tomorrow.

hopwas
14-02-2010, 13:35
Gave Golf ball to my Bro in law today and he was very pleased. He was hungover from last night drinking session in Town! Had a dodgy curry which led him throwing up all morning.. :nishelypished:

Thanks again!

Hoppy

Tilly-Miss
14-02-2010, 16:05
Dodgy curry and beer ???????? not a good mix hope he had a good day and he makes good use of Tiger

Tilly-Miss
25-02-2010, 02:34
We are heading to Peterbrough to site a machine in a garage forecourt service station,not looking forward to the drive but delighted to be adding a new venue,will be posting golf balls direct after the install.

Tilly-Miss
27-02-2010, 19:22
171172Machine sited at a garage forecourt today

Tilly-Miss
27-02-2010, 19:28
Been a busy day today and still have more machines to fit..These pair of beauties can be found in Eton at the lovely Karla's pub...The Three Horseshoes...very nice landlady and some good regulars making a fuss of tilly-miss...and buying the golf balls as soon as the machine was installed...thank you all.173

Conrad
28-02-2010, 00:53
Congratulations, good to see you making solid progress.

Tilly-Miss
28-02-2010, 10:10
Conrad
I thank you for your comments and for allowing tilly advertising,it has been very hard convincing pubs that a majority of there regulars and passing through trade are actually golfers ! it seems the pictures on a can are stirring interest, i sold 100 golf balls to a client in Brighton because his children had seen the pictures and they are now selling them through there school....he wouldnt buy them unless i could guarantee the pictures on a can....the mind boggles...where this will lead.

hopwas
28-02-2010, 11:08
Hi Tilly!

Just thought.. have you installed your golf machines in pubs near major golf course i.e Belfry, Sandwich, St Andrews etc etc and this will generates loads of money. I live around 5 miles from Belfry Golf, there are two pubs close-by.. Dog and Doublet, Bodymoor (also Aston Villa players eat and drinks there) and Green Man, Middleton. I am sure Golfers drink and eat in these pubs.

Tilly-Miss
28-02-2010, 12:51
Hoppy Hi
That is very kind of you to think of us, i am looking at a lot of options at the moment,but it all takes time doing it on my own, i am heading away for a week tonight have a short tour in Norway and Germany to do then hopefully back to sorting the machines, if you can recommend tilly on your travels it would be greatly appreciated...have a good week

hopwas
02-03-2010, 10:47
Hi Tilly,

I think you will find this interesting...

I was watching vet programme called Bondi Vet and there was dog called Billy (Jack Russell) He will only play with.... Golf Ball! Unfortunately he swallowed entire gold ball and was rushed to vet for emergency operation to remove it.

Happily, he survived and well. This brings me thought of your dog! Hopefully your dog will not do the same as Billy..

Anyway hope you have a great week!

Hoppy

Tilly-Miss
08-03-2010, 22:54
Hoppy your a good en thinking of tilly,i am told she has been sulking badly all week long,i arrived home this evening and the dog has not stopped racing round the house,she is a bit like me now totally and utterly cream crackered,have some good photos of Norway and Sweden weather,you have never seen snow like it the worst weather they have had in 17 years has snowed constantly for 83 days....goodnight all

runningdog
08-03-2010, 23:11
Billy (Jack Russell)..... He will only play with.... Golf Ball!

I had a working terrier once, her epitaph would have to be 'Here lies Fitch. Golf Ball Crazy, Golf Ball Mad'. She was a sound little working dog, fox, rat, rabbit, then she discovered golf balls. After that they were all she was interested in, but she were a cracker.
If I've got this right, here she is...

hopwas
08-03-2010, 23:17
I had a working terrier once, her epitaph would have to be 'Here lies Fitch. Golf Ball Crazy, Golf Ball Mad'. She was a sound little working dog, fox, rat, rabbit, then she discovered golf balls. After that they were all she was interested in, but she were a cracker.
If I've got this right, here she is...

Ahhhh bless her! I take it it was taken in 1989.

runningdog
08-03-2010, 23:25
Ahhhh bless her! I take it it was taken in 1989.

Yeah, on the common ground near Ferndown. The pic's one of a little project of mine , putting all those I've got of me dogs into an accurate timeline. What with a convulated life like mine and a memory that makes a colander look solid, it ain't easy.
Glad you liked her...:drinkup::drinkup:

hopwas
08-03-2010, 23:30
Yeah, on the common ground near Ferndown. The pic's one of a little project of mine , putting all those I've got of me dogs into an accurate timeline. What with a convulated life like mine and a memory that makes a colander look solid, it ain't easy.
Glad you liked her...:drinkup::drinkup:

I got Yorkie called Toby who is 18 years 4 months and still eager as ever. He has been with me almost half of my life. He had operation recently for tumor removal and he is very well now

Tilly-Miss
09-03-2010, 09:16
Runningdog that is a great picture of a faithful friend,a great golf ball hunter also,keep the memories going....Hoppy i hope Toby is doing ok,a great dog who has given you lots of happiness in 18 years...thanks guys..

Tilly-Miss
18-03-2010, 13:53
Blimey another 4 pubs wanting the machine,looks like plenty of travelling to be done.

Conrad
18-03-2010, 21:55
Good stuff, whereabouts are these four?

Tilly-Miss
18-03-2010, 23:52
Conrad 2 in maidenhead 1 in brentwood and another in berkshire border burnham....all quite exciting stuff to keep me busy,we washed 300 balls today in preperation...poor tilly-miss is pretty tired at the moment (lol)

Tilly-Miss
08-04-2010, 13:03
Another machine to be sited at "Thatchers Arms" in Colchester for there Golf Society members, I sent the machine by courier and will be installed today...now running out of machines and need to seriously think about ordering more.

Conrad
08-04-2010, 13:11
Congrats, presumably Summer is expected to be better for you as well?

Tilly-Miss
08-04-2010, 13:37
Thanks Conrad apologies first and foremost for not posting recently,have had a lot of problems with my dad who is suffering with cancer and the days are getting worse as they come,also i have been touring with Aussie Pink Floyd across europe and been very busy with tilly-miss....as you can imagine very hectic times but still look in as often as i can to try and keep updated.

Conrad
08-04-2010, 13:43
No need to apologise, I am just happy when people enjoy posting.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, cancer is always at the least draining, it has such an emotional burden before even taking into account treatments and the effects.

Also I can imagine the Aussie Pink Floyd are more important than these forums if they are even a fraction as good as the original.

Tilly-Miss
08-04-2010, 16:03
Thank you....Aussie Floyd is an excellant band and very nice people to work with,had some good fun which helped take away thoughts of dad for a while...i am heading away again next month to Moscow..Turkey..Greece..Italy with another well known Irish Group which should be interesting.

Tilly-Miss
13-04-2010, 20:36
Goodness me the colour balls are going great in the machines far better than expected,pubs asking for the colours as the kids are haggling there parents to buy them...and the whites are doing very well,so more machines to be ordered as the last 2 have gone in today.