PDA

View Full Version : Not good enough

Conrad
23-12-2009, 16:56
Just popped out to the local Bath Ales pub (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/719/) to get in a micro cask of Festivity for Christmas. Blighters had sold out and are claiming that the brewery has sold out as well :moremad:. Had to downgrade to Barnstormer and will have to go back again later to have a few pints of the Festivity at their rather nice pub.

How dare they be successful! Next think you know they will have the :twigs:'s in there.

Ah well better get on with work before popping out for the pint :drinkup:

Soup Dragon
23-12-2009, 16:59
Indeed, they seem as popular as PG today!

runningdog
23-12-2009, 19:32
[QUOTE=Conrad;3739] Had to downgrade to Barnstormer and will have to go back again later to have a few pints of the Festivity at their rather nice pub.
QUOTE]

Nowt wrong with Barnstormer, anyhow, now you've got another excuse to go down the pub. Not that I expect you'll need one.........

Conrad
23-12-2009, 23:30
Nowt wrong with Barnstormer, anyhow, now you've got another excuse to go down the pub. Not that I expect you'll need one.........
I do like the Barnstormer, sad that I missed the Festivity though. Not had time to pop out tonight, have to see how tomorrow goes.

Christmas - Bah Humbug :)

hopwas
23-12-2009, 23:42
After you have done that and this all day.. You do really deserve to have a break!

We do appericate what you have done for this website for us pub lovers.

I wish I would buy you a pint as way for thanks making this superb website.

So I am really glad that I stumbled to PG website by accident in early 2007 (via BITE website!)

Iam so proud of you Conrad!

MERRY XMAS!!

Hoppy

runningdog
24-12-2009, 01:02
Christmas - Bah Humbug :)

Way to go, Conrad.........:drinkup: Hic...hic

oldboots
24-12-2009, 12:25
Just popped out to the local Bath Ales pub (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/719/) to get in a micro cask of Festivity for Christmas. Blighters had sold out and are claiming that the brewery has sold out as well :moremad:. :

Their brewery site says sold out of mini-casks and 36 pint boxes, cases of bottles still available though. I might try a mini cask of something in the new year

Conrad
24-12-2009, 12:38
I think I missed Festivity last year as well for some reason (probably wasn't drinking actually :() but I remember it being one I liked. I will find time to get a pint in before new year though. In general I like the Bath Ales beers (although I have no palette so don't trust me), and have liked all their pubs I have visited.

hopwas
24-12-2009, 12:44
After you have done that and this all day.. You do really deserve to have a break!

We do appericate what you have done for this website for us pub lovers.

I wish I would buy you a pint as way for thanks making this superb website.

So I am really glad that I stumbled to PG website by accident in early 2007 (via BITE website!)

Iam so proud of you Conrad!

MERRY XMAS!!

Hoppy

Oops wrong thread! :o Forgive me..

(note to myself: Stop drink Hobgoblin!)

Soup Dragon
24-12-2009, 13:07
(note to myself: Stop drink Hobgoblin!)

returning to Carlin* are you, hoppy?:sick:

hopwas
24-12-2009, 13:20
returning to Carlin* are you, hoppy?:sick:

*whispers* actually Stella at the moment..

Shhhh..

Farway
24-12-2009, 13:35
Dear all, please forgive me but I have returned from ASDA with a case of John Smith's smooth :o

In mitigation I would like to say it was reduced down to £7 and had been lashed together with parcel tape

Mind you, got a bottle of Captain Morgan for a tenner, so that should take the edge of the Smith's, along with the Boxing day lunchtime pints down local :nishelypished:

Soup Dragon
24-12-2009, 13:42
Now i know why you want churches listed, Farway, so you can ask for forgiveness:D

Who cares what you drink, Squire - its Xmas - just make sure its gone by Jan:cheers:

hopwas
24-12-2009, 13:46
Dear all, please forgive me but I have returned from ASDA with a case of John Smith's smooth :o

In mitigation I would like to say it was reduced down to £7 and had been lashed together with parcel tape

Mind you, got a bottle of Captain Morgan for a tenner, so that should take the edge of the Smith's, along with the Boxing day lunchtime pints down local :nishelypished:

Had good bevvy that lasted well into early hours then hit bed at 1.30am.

Woke up just after 5am and left home at 5.45am.

Arrived at ASDA 6.30am and bought bottle of Bell's (for my dad) and London Gin (for my mum)

Walked back home and arrived home at 8am.

All that time, I was still drunk! Now I am recovering from hangover.. (Guard kept close eye on me when I was bit unsteady when entering store!)

Why? cos I forget to buy drinks for parents previous day!:o

oldboots
24-12-2009, 14:11

At least it's brewed in God's Own County, and it's next door to a decent brewery:p

Farway
24-12-2009, 14:54
At least it's brewed in God's Own County, and it's next door to a decent brewery:p

Maybe once upon a time it was, more likely the stuff is now brewed in a concrete multi storey mega beer factory on a trading estate in Slough

I notice on the tins the head office is Edinburgh, Scottish & Newastle, now owned jointly by Heineken and Carlsberg in April 2008, since divi'd up and run by Heineken, so looks like I can join hoppy in the lagerlout dock;)

hopwas
24-12-2009, 15:06
so looks like I can join hoppy in the lagerlout dock;)

:moremad::moremad::moremad:

You and Soupy ganging on me or what?

:D

oldboots
24-12-2009, 15:07
Maybe once upon a time it was, more likely the stuff is now brewed in a concrete multi storey mega beer factory on a trading estate in Slough

I notice on the tins the head office is Edinburgh, Scottish & Newastle, now owned jointly by Heineken and Carlsberg in April 2008, since divi'd up and run by Heineken, so looks like I can join hoppy in the lagerlout dock;)

Lots of capacity at Tadcaster which is why everywhere else is due to shut, of course Worting Grange on the M4 at Reading could be the Frankenstein Lab involved if that's still open.

oldboots
24-12-2009, 15:13
:moremad::moremad::moremad:

You and Soupy ganging on me or what?

:D

Take no notice of them, you enjoy your pint of lout, for moral support why not enjoy the blogging on hands-off-our-cooking-lager (http://cookinglager.blogspot.com/2009/10/hands-off-our-cooking-lager.html) :D

runningdog
24-12-2009, 23:49
Why are we talking shop bought Smooth on a pub site, shame on you Faraway, just because it was cheap you didn't have to buy it. Hang on, must have another Beast...:drinkup:...
Now, altogether, any melody you like... On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me 6 Exmoor Beast, 4 Old Peculiar, 4 Old Crafty Hens, 4 Snecklifters and a Ringwood Porter or two.
See what I mean, not a Smoothy in sight...:drinkup:

:cheers:...From me, mrs rd, and the dogs, Happy drinking lads and a Merry Christmas to all...:drinkup::cheers: