PDA

View Full Version : Egham USC beer festival

gillhalfpint
20-04-2011, 18:57
Anyone going to this one? We are nicely settled in Old Windsor now and the fest starts at Egham 11am tomorrow. Loads of new breweries for us.

Info received as follows.

The festival will be open all day between 21-24 April as follows.

Thursday: 11am-11pm
Friday: 11am-midnight
- evening live music Papa George & Micky Moody
Saturday: 11am-midnight
- afternoon Datchet Border Morris
- evening live music Zoot Money!
Sunday: 11am-11pm

Food available all sessions.

Admission fee:
Thu + Sun £5 (includes £2 refundable deposit on oversized fest glass)
Fri + Sat £5 before 7pm / £8 after 7pm (includes £2 refundable deposit on oversized fest glass)
On production of a valid CAMRA membership card a £1 discount on above fees applies.

Here is the first official list of beers which may change slightly:

Abigale **New brewery**
– Samphire 4.1%

Ascot Ales
- Last of the Blue Devils (Grand Marnier Imperial Stout) 8% - **Special**
- Last of the Blue Devils (Hazlenut Imperial Stout) 8% - **Special**
- Last of the Blue Devils (Sloe Imperial Stout) 8% - **Special**
All 3 above are special variants of Imperial Stout to commemorate the passing of USC club member `AJ'
- Emperor Penguin Porter 7% – **New** Limited edition `emperor' brew of Penguin Porter which has been conditioned since Nov 2010
- Alley Cat (Dry hopped) 3.7% – **Special** dry hopped with Amarillo.
- Royal IPA 4.6% – **Special** brew for the Royal Wedding.

Binghams **New Brewery**
- Black IPA 5% - **Special**
- Vanilla Coffee Stout 5% - **Special**

The Canterbury Ales **New Brewery**
- Wife of Bath 3.9%
- Reeves's Ale 4.1%
- Miller's Ale 4.5%

Dorking Brewery
- Red India Special TBC% - **Special**
- Coffee Mild TBC% - **Special**

The Farrier's Arms **New Brewery**
- TBC
- TBC

Harvey's
- Georgian Dragon Ale 4.7%
- Harveys Porter 4.8%
- Armada Ale 4.5%
- Sussex Mild 3.0%

Havant
- Havant Time 3.6% - **New**
- Havant the Foggiest TBC% – **Special** wheatbeer
- Havant the Foggiest TBC% - **Special** wheatbeer with ginger & elderflower

Kent Brewery **New brewery**
- George's Gorgeous Gold - 4.0% – **Special** (brewed at Larkins)
to celebrate 3 special Georges … Papa George, George `Zoot' Money and most importantly St George!! (Will not be available until Friday evening 22nd April)

Loddon
- Ferryman's Gold Special TBC% – **Special**

Panther **New brewery**
- Golden 3.7%
- Red 4.1%
- Black 4.5%

Rectory Ales
- Easter Ale 4.5%
- Parson's Porter 4.9%

Star Brewery **New brewery**
- Starry Night 4.0%

Vale Brewery
- Royal Union 4.6% – **Special** brew for the Royal Wedding.
- P & Q 4.2% - **New** Monthly special.

Waen
- Porter House Blue 6.1% - **New** blueberry beer
- Shandygaff 3.4% - **New**

Wantsum
- TBC
- TBC
- TBC
- TBC

Waylands Sixpenny
- 6D Reserve 8% – **New** Barley Wine
- 6D IPA 5.2% – **New** IPA

Windsor & Eton
- Windsor Knot 4.5% – **Special** brew for the Royal Wedding.
- Guardsman (Special) TBC%
- Knight of the Garter (Special) TBC%
- Conqueror (Special) TBC%

Once again we plan to make beer prices very competitive so 'come on down!!' ... apart from the Kent Brewery special we intend to get a maximum number of festival beers (potentially 38) on sale from opening time Thursday

Further info at www.eghambeerfestival.co.uk

Cheers.

Quinno
21-04-2011, 11:17
Anyone going to this one? We are nicely settled in Old Windsor now and the fest starts at Egham 11am tomorrow. Loads of new breweries for us..

Gill,

I am working this fest today (Thurs) will be there from around 3! See you there. Egham USC is always a good one :)

gillhalfpint
21-04-2011, 21:25
Ooooo-eeerrr.

I have this fault you see, and I am going to come clean and say I was talking to quinno for some time today before the penny dropped as to where I knew him from. Sorry.

I enjoyed everything about this fest, the beer and the organisation, and seeing folks I know from up and down country, but I have a job putting names to faces unless I get to see them around a lot. Put it down to age - sorry quinno, I really did enjoy your company and will remember you if I see you at Reading.

Quinno
22-04-2011, 12:50
Ooooo-eeerrr.

I have this fault you see, and I am going to come clean and say I was talking to quinno for some time today before the penny dropped as to where I knew him from. Sorry.

I enjoyed everything about this fest, the beer and the organisation, and seeing folks I know from up and down country, but I have a job putting names to faces unless I get to see them around a lot. Put it down to age - sorry quinno, I really did enjoy your company and will remember you if I see you at Reading.

I was still chuckling about it later - no worries. :)

EUSC is a lovely little festival, I had a bit of banter with some of the tickers regarding the use of shopping trolleys as per our conversation!

Good to see you, hopefully will bump into you at Reading BF next week.

Real Ale Ray
22-04-2011, 19:43
Egham looks a brill fest, the beer list looks good. Wouldn't mind a few Harveys Sussex Milds. Enjoyed Newcastle fest some interesting no's. Only prob with these larger events, not enough seating. All the beers were £1.50 a glass and you got these small paper tokens like bus tickets and had to keep rummaging through your pockets or wallet to find them.
Free entry to Camra mebs which was good. looking forward to Braintree Essex for next jaunt, a small event in the Town Hall - this years theme Pennine ales.
Hope you had a good fest, Real Ale Ray.