PDA

View Full Version : New one on me

Farway
19-12-2009, 10:59
As I trudged home in the snow I spotted an "Official Notice" taped to a house wall, on checking it out it was an application for a licence to sell booze, strange as it is just a detached bungalow in an ordinary street

Just checked on internet, blow me down, I have a micro brewery just a few streets away, hope he gets his licence quick, then I can pop in on way back from shops :cheers:

http://www.thehavantbrewery.co.uk/index.html

Now, to arrange a brewery visit :drinkup:

micky1234
19-12-2009, 16:57
i have a workmate due to retire in about a year .. his hobby is brewing excellent home ales .. the last i sampled was a Sam Smiths .. better than real Sam Smiths i thought.. anyway he will be getting a retirement lump-sum .. I'll be persuading him to go the route of the micro brewery ..he'll need to keep busy .. and he too lives in a bungalow .. ticks all the boxes ..

Oggwyn Trench
19-12-2009, 19:56
Thinking about it , my Mom lives in a bungalow with a two storey brick outbuilding (it used to be a cobblers ) and a small orchard complete with old railway goods carriage (honest) , the outbuilding would make a great brewery .
I see a change of career on the horizon :D

Farway
20-12-2009, 14:02
Thinking about it , my Mom lives in a bungalow with a two storey brick outbuilding (it used to be a cobblers ) and a small orchard complete with old railway goods carriage (honest) , the outbuilding would make a great brewery .
I see a change of career on the horizon :D

Orchard = cider :cheers:

I have just been listening to Food programme on R4, where they were on about distilling from fruit, one UK based chappy uses his Zummerzet apples to brew into 7% cider, then distilled into English style Calvados, all legal, Custom & Excised etc