PDA

View Full Version : My head today feels like..

hopwas
17-12-2009, 12:09
http://images.zaazu.com/img/unconscious-unconscious-male-cross-eye-smiley-emoticon-000599-large.gif

I blame countless of Owd Roger last night.. :nishelypished:

arwkrite
17-12-2009, 13:22
Never mind Hopwas, tomorrow it wont be even a bad memory. I have heard women say the same about childbirth. You forget the bad bits and only remember the the good. You sure its only a hangover?:drinkup:

hopwas
17-12-2009, 13:29
Never mind Hopwas, tomorrow it wont be even a bad memory. I have heard women say the same about childbirth. You forget the bad bits and only remember the the good. You sure its only a hangover?:drinkup:

Oh yeah it is only hangover.. I counted 6 emplty bottles of Owd Roger in rubbish bin.. :eek: mind you they are 6.7%!

To be honest I cant even remember what I watched on TV last night :o

Oh snow getting heavy in Tamworth.. :cheers:

arwkrite
17-12-2009, 14:09
Blue sky and bright sunshine in Bromyard. I can see some cloud way off on the horizon to the northeast. Bromyard is built on steep hills and snow can easily bring the place to a standstill unless you are a farmer with the usual 4x4 or a tractor.

hopwas
17-12-2009, 14:13
Blue sky and bright sunshine in Bromyard. I can see some cloud way off on the horizon to the northeast. Bromyard is built on steep hills and snow can easily bring the place to a standstill unless you are a farmer with the usual 4x4 or a tractor.

I visited Bromyard on the way to Mid Wales.. I must say Bromyard is rather boring (forgive me!)

Leominister is far interesting place...

arwkrite
17-12-2009, 14:25
I have lived in both places and will take boring anytime. Trouble is , like most places, the youngsters have little to do. For some reason ,hidden in the mists of time ,there has always a rivalry, bordering on dislike, between the two towns which gives the rowdy element an excuse for a punch up or some window smashing. Mind you it is not very often I dont think they have the money for the bus fare.

Farway
17-12-2009, 15:04
To be honest I cant even remember what I watched on TV last night :o
:cheers:

Oh, I thought this was normal, not remembering what watched on TV, or even what went upstairs for ;)

Farway
17-12-2009, 15:11
All this northern talk of blue skies, it is snowing here, and I am only 5 miles north of the Solent, what have you done?

Us southern softies will now all have to go home early, buses cease to function, will I even be able to go down the hill to the Green Dragon tomorrow?

Sob

PS , sorry arwkrite, the snow caused me to spell you wrongly

hopwas
17-12-2009, 15:16
Oh, I thought this was normal, not remembering what watched on TV, or even what went upstairs for ;)

:rolleyes:

Iam eyeing the remaining Owd Roger on my desk. Maybe crack open in min. :cheers:

Looks like I have go through white carpet on roads to local shop to top up drinks... :mad:

oldboots
17-12-2009, 15:18
Oh yeah it is only hangover.. I counted 6 emplty bottles of Owd Roger in rubbish bin.. :eek: mind you they are 6.7%!

Not just your head that's off today Hoppy, you have banana fingers as well - Owd Rodger is 7.6%. That means you consumed about 23 units last night what a fine effort :drinkup: Oliver Reed would be proud of you :D

Nanny's daily limit is a piffling 4 units a day or 21 a week :eek: Personally I spill more than that.:D

hopwas
17-12-2009, 15:26
Not just your head that's off today Hoppy, you have banana fingers as well - Owd Rodger is 7.6%. That means you consumed about 23 units last night what a fine effort :drinkup: Oliver Reed would be proud of you :D

Just had look at bottle.. My word! You are so right! :eek: I should have go to specsavers..

Strange that you mentioned Oliver Reed.. I actually had a pint in Oliver's Bar, Malta where he died.. :eek: *touch wood!*

Eddie86
17-12-2009, 15:36
Staff do last night, coupled with local Camra social that we hosted. The Dog's Bollocks were, well, the DB's to be honest :D

Loving the lack of a hangover - I don't seem to get them when I'm on ale. Followed by a whisky. And/Or a Brandy. But touch anything else and I know about it in details the next day.

Certainly doing better than my old man is today :biggrin:

oldboots
17-12-2009, 16:14
All this northern talk of blue skies, it is snowing here, and I am only 5 miles north of the Solent, what have you done?

I can imagine the chaos on the M27 caused by a mm or two of snow :D
We have a light covering in the Vale of York about 1 inch deep on the car roofs, I did see a bit of proper snow on the Cleveland Hills and the N Yorks Moors earlier, too cloudy to see the Pennines but no doubt they'll be white topped. Guess I won't be drinking in the Tan Hill Inn tonight.

hopwas
17-12-2009, 16:42
Just had look at bottle.. My word! You are so right! :eek: I should have go to specsavers..

I felt like this when I saw 7.6% on Owd Roger...

http://www.robert-daly.com/images/gifs/1207773130476.gif

Oggwyn Trench
17-12-2009, 18:48
Don`t get that many hangovers , but when i do they last all day , must be something to do with getting older !

hopwas
17-12-2009, 19:10
Don`t get that many hangovers , but when i do they last all day , must be something to do with getting older !

Biggest hangover I ever had was in 2005. It was for my best mate's house warming party..

Downed 2 bottles of Bells Whiskey (full sized)
at least 10 cans of Strongbrow
countless shots of Sourz

Hangover lasted for 2 days.. (been vomiting next day)

arwkrite
17-12-2009, 22:34
That ain't a Hangover....Thats Alcoholic Poisoning.:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:(:(

Farway
18-12-2009, 15:15
Biggest hangover I ever had was in 2005. It was for my best mate's house warming party..

countless shots of Sourz

OMG :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Oggwyn Trench
18-12-2009, 19:25

countless shots of Sourz

Worst i can remember was about 1988 , a couple of us got bored so got a bit silly 14 pints of Guiness with Babycham chasers , they dont mix well :sick:
It was the time of the " I`ll hae a Babycham " adverts

arwkrite
18-12-2009, 20:39
Good lawd Babycham, a lady like drink untill they wanted a double brandy in it. Bloody expensive if they did not come across with the goods later on.My sister was ratted after three of them, completely no good for anything according to my bro.-in law. Now they want Red Bull and a double vodka. Thats OK for cleaning the fuel lines in your classic car but to drink it is like taking cough mixture. No wonder the ladies have become ladettes.

oldboots
19-12-2009, 21:32
Well Hoppy I had a go at your 23 unit record ( I dread to think where a couple of bottles of scotch plus cider and shots comes out) but on todays pub crawl of York I only got up to 19 units, mind you I did have to drink halves in a couple of dodgy pubs and a very swift bottle of Becks in one that was full of tatooed bald blokes.

Note to Sir Liam Donaldson - it's not big or clever to try to out-drink each other.... honest :drinkup:. Nothing was further from my thoughts....honest :D

runningdog
21-12-2009, 20:44
[QUOTE=hopwas;3414]:rolleyes:

Iam eyeing the remaining Owd Roger on my desk
QUOTE]

Hi folks, a thread involving Owd Roger, that'll do as somewhere to start.
I don't have a problem with Owd Roger, I've got it, I drink it, I don't got got it I don't. My problem is not having it, which I don't.
But, I do have the pleasant task of deciding, Old Crafty Hen, Exmoor Beast, Old Peculiar or Snecklifter. Ain't life a bitch..........
:cheers: Chin chin

hopwas
21-12-2009, 20:57
But, I do have the pleasant task of deciding, Old Crafty Hen, Exmoor Beast, Old Peculiar or Snecklifter. Ain't life a bitch..........
:cheers: Chin chin

sounds you are my type of guy..

All cracking ales especially Old Peculiar, favourite of mine.. Iam strong Porter, Stout and Old ales drinker.

Oh welcome to this forum, Sir! :drinkup:

Hoppy

runningdog
21-12-2009, 21:12
sounds you are my type of guy..

All cracking ales especially Old Peculiar, favourite of mine.. Iam strong Porter, Stout and Old ales drinker.

Oh welcome to this forum, Sir! :drinkup:

Hoppy

Thankee kindly, a pleasure to be here. Settled on the Hen but I expect the Beast along soon, once I can lift the Sneck to let it in..........:cheers:

'Ere, I just spotted it, who was it made me teetotol, me dog'll eat 'is guts

Soup Dragon
21-12-2009, 21:25
welcome to such a wise and respected one - you will know me under a different name, Sir - very good to see you and happy Xmas

Snecklifter is class!

MILD is better of course!

Oggwyn Trench
21-12-2009, 21:51
Thankee kindly, a pleasure to be here. Settled on the Hen but I expect the Beast along soon, once I can lift the Sneck to let it in..........:cheers:

'Ere, I just spotted it, who was it made me teetotol, me dog'll eat 'is guts

Welcome RD , i`m another old friend under a different name , not a lad on here :)

Conrad
21-12-2009, 22:09
Hi runningdog,

Thanks for putting up with the tribulations of our messed up registration. I am one of the PG sites administrators, so if you get anymore problems (please God, no) or can see any way of improving the site, I would love to know.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

arwkrite
22-12-2009, 00:04
Welcome RD, I am another exile who has found a cushy billet here.I had to add a "W" before Conrad would let me in the front door.Same as Soupy I like your posts and respect your views. Merry Christmas.

oldboots
22-12-2009, 09:15
[QUOTE=runningdog;3551
Hi folks, a thread involving Owd Roger, that'll do as somewhere to start.
I don't have a problem with Owd Roger, I've got it, I drink it, I don't got got it I don't. My problem is not having it, which I don't.
:cheers: Chin chin[/QUOTE]

hello old boy, glad to see you made it in the end, we need men of your calibre to help things along, you know half of us already and the rest are good chaps too so you're among friends.

Soup Dragon
22-12-2009, 10:09
rd, have you popped your favourites in 'the favourites' thread - see if you can beat ROB Camera - who i noticed has done a review of The Baum, Rochdale - just because they are top of the league - he must be in heaven:cheers:

Eddie86
22-12-2009, 10:52
Hi RD, wish I'd chosen another name now

*dashes off to speak to conrad*

runningdog
22-12-2009, 18:01
rd, have you popped your favourites in 'the favourites' thread - see if you can beat ROB Camera -

Not yet, Soups, if I may call you that, I know another Soup Dragon on an aviation forum, he and I are old antagonists, the dragon chooses one side of an argument, the dog the other. It's just the way things are.
To Mr Trench, that wasn't hard to work out, what with you going to the Fox and all. Others I know, although I was beginning to think Arwkrite was having a identity crisis until he explained on another thread. But as to you, sir, I don't have a clue. Clarify, or be assimilated..........

arwkrite
22-12-2009, 18:54
Just a little clue.....

ROBCamra
23-12-2009, 08:12
Welcome RD , i`m another old friend under a different name , not a lad on here :)

And another refugee arrives for a look

Soup Dragon
23-12-2009, 09:55

Hi ROB, great to see you pop in - what an ending to 2009 for you, The Baum getting its first review and Rochdale top of the league - they may get promoted for the first time in 30 odd years. I know how you feel, East Stirling are not on the bottom of the Scottish 3rd and Villa are doing well!

aleandhearty
23-12-2009, 10:04

Hi ROB, good to see you on this side. Hope you decide to stick around.

Conrad
23-12-2009, 10:27
Hi Rob,

Good to see you, and hope you enjoy your stay (now wondering if I can get away with a Hotel California joke).

You have probably gathered, but I am half the admin team on PG, so if you have any problems or suggestions please let me know.

ROBCamra
23-12-2009, 14:49
Hi ROB, great to see you pop in - what an ending to 2009 for you, The Baum getting its first review and Rochdale top of the league - they may get promoted for the first time in 30 odd years. I know how you feel, East Stirling are not on the bottom of the Scottish 3rd and Villa are doing well!

Well as it was in fact I who reviewed the Baum and made a mistake as they now have 5 handpumps as I stated plus a further one for a real cider I'm not surprised it got a review.

The Dale leave League 2 in an upwards direction, ravens leave Tower of London, Hell freezes (Basingstoke?) all are equally as likely.

If everyone else wants their loan signings back in January the usual slide will start.

Soup Dragon
23-12-2009, 14:52
yes, mate - i knew it was you, hence i tried to goad you into the forum!

are you going to copy over all the rest of your 8,349 reviews?

ROBCamra
23-12-2009, 15:04
yes, mate - i knew it was you, hence i tried to goad you into the forum!

Only 561 sadly. I might add a couple of reviews for pubs that aren't on "the other place" but one of them The Hand In Glove in Worcester isn't on here either.

Conrad
23-12-2009, 15:05
Can I add a please to that sentence.

Dave was joking that we should do a migration tool (I don't think we could sadly).

Anyway, you wan't to do it slowly so that you keep on appearing in the random pub slot :)

Soup Dragon
23-12-2009, 15:06
ROB and i have a pint bet on Walsall V Rochdale on random pub of the day