PDA

View Full Version : Which pubs has had the most 'heavyweight' reviewers?

Quinno
06-04-2011, 13:33
And by heavyweight I do not mean girth, but by the amount of other reviews the contributors have on the site! :D

As I was migrating my review for the Lord Clyde (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24259/) just now I noted that quite a few of the usual suspects have reviewed the place, and I calculated their combined gross pub review figure was 6587 - no mean feat. :notworthy: and I know that certainly in the case of Roger and myself, there are a good number of reviews in the locker waiting to be written which would increase that tally by a few hundred.

Can any other pub better it?

ROBCamra
06-04-2011, 13:54
And by heavyweight I do not mean girth, but by the amount of other reviews the contributors have on the site! :D

As I was migrating my review for the Lord Clyde (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24259/) just now I noted that quite a few of the usual suspects have reviewed the place, and I calculated their combined gross pub review figure was 6587 - no mean feat. :notworthy: and I know that certainly in the case of Roger and myself, there are a good few reviews in the locker waiting to be written which would increase that tally by a good few hundred.

Can any other pub better it?

The Market Porter has 8298.

I've been in the place dozens of times and have never reviewed it so that would add another 600 or so if I ever get round to it.

I would bet that you've been in as well Quinno but haven't reviewed it either. :cheers:

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24205/

Pubsignman
06-04-2011, 14:13
Cask Pub and Kitchen (Pimlico) - 8886
Salisbury (Leicester Sq) - 8120
Hole in the Wall (Waterloo) - 7823
Wheatsheaf (Borough) - 7670
Royal Oak (Borough) - 7639
Evening Star - Brighton - 7471

Basically, we just need to find a pub that Strongers, JAQPTIO, Alan W, John McGraw and Soupy have all reviewed and we're pretty much assured of a winner!!

RogerB
06-04-2011, 14:21
I met Quinno in the Market Porter some time ago but the session was abruptly curtailed due my inapproriate attire. I never wore than mankini again. I am also still waiting for his in depth analysis of http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/68187/ another place he was desperate to tick off. If you put if off any longer you will need a revisit! :sick:

I have a backlog of 450 (I have added about 40 to that list in the last 10 days or so thanks to visits to Bournemouth, Isle of Wight & St Albans. For every dozen I post, another 20 get added.

RogerB
06-04-2011, 14:31
The Wellington in Brum has 5450 but only 3 of us who were there for the PG meet up have reviewed it. If the other 17 or so pull their fingers out (including me) the figure would fly through the roof!

Update - Just added my piece (or what I can gather from my scrawled notes of the day). Thats another 897 to the total.

ROBCamra
06-04-2011, 14:51
The Wellington in Brum has 5450 but only 3 of us who were there for the PG meet up have reviewed it. If the other 17 or so pull their fingers out (including me) the figure would fly through the roof!

Update - Just added my piece (or what I can gather from my scrawled notes of the day). Thats another 897 to the total.

Another pub I've been in loads of times but have never got around to reviewing. :o

I tend to feel that everything has been said about some very popular pubs, so I wouldn't be adding any value if I reviewed it myself.

Quinno
06-04-2011, 14:53
The Market Porter has 8298. I would bet that you've been in as well Quinno but haven't reviewed it either. :cheers:

Correct! Another one sat in the migrate tool that hasn't been done yet (quality over quantity!)

I met Quinno in the Market Porter some time ago but the session was abruptly curtailed due my inapproriate attire. I never wore than mankini again. I am also still waiting for his in depth analysis of http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/68187/ another place he was desperate to tick off. If you put if off any longer you will need a revisit! :sick:

The Boadecia! That's on my 'pubs that I didn't make any notes for' section when I was between sites and having my pub reviewing sabbatical. I'm sure I can cobble something together for that place easily enough over the next couple of weeks - watch this space!

Quinno
06-04-2011, 15:00
Another pub I've been in loads of times but have never got around to reviewing. :o

I tend to feel that everything has been said about some very popular pubs, so I wouldn't be adding any value if I reviewed it myself.

You clearly lack the OCD gene that some of the rest of us have :lol:

Pubsignman
06-04-2011, 15:50
Bree Louise (Euston) - 10,432
Wenlock Arms (Hoxton) - 9517
Doric Arch (Euston) - 8771
Old Mitre (Chancery Lane) - 7930

oldboots
06-04-2011, 16:35
Very London centric so far, for obvious reasons, oop North then

Blue Bell, York 8505
Alexandra, Derby 7961
Yorkshire Terrier, York 7874

Al 10000
06-04-2011, 16:52
Sorry to muck your figures up Pubsignman but i thought the Wenlock deserved to have an higher figure than the Bree Louise i have been in all but one on your list and all on Oldboots list.

:cheers: Alan

trainman
06-04-2011, 17:59
Where the heck are you folk getting these figures from? Is it a manual calculation by visiting each reviewer's total? And can that be seen on a 'review only' basis? And then summarising totals?
Who mentioned OCD?
ROBC, I often feel i have nothing to add to previous comments from revered reviewers, but you must have (review) followers all around the country, so get it posted!
For myself, the thread has made me feel guilty about not, yet, bringing over the majority of 'earlier' reviews, and apologies/frustration about not being currently able to extend their geography.

Quinno
06-04-2011, 18:13
Where the heck are you folk getting these figures from? Is it a manual calculation by visiting each reviewer's total? And can that be seen on a 'review only' basis? And then summarising totals?

Go to a pub page eg this one (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/1589/), and add together the figures for each reviewer which is listed on their comment eg I have 730 at the mo on that one, so add that to Oldboots 696 and Dave Starys 127 and you get the aggregate total of 1553.

Who mentioned OCD?

Me :D

RogerB
06-04-2011, 18:14
but you must have (review) followers all around the country, so get it posted!

Indeed! I recall an earlier thread where his pub review fame had touched the nation so far that he was almost in line to switch on Rochdale's Christmas lights! There's nothing wrong with endorsing previous comments even if there is nothing additional to add.

Quinno
06-04-2011, 18:23
There's nothing wrong with endorsing previous comments even if there is nothing additional to add.

I agree - the more reviewers have been to a pub, the more trust a viewer would have on it which then generates more traffic for the site and then more reviews in turn - a virtuous circle.

Oggwyn Trench
06-04-2011, 19:03

You can now add my 208 , must get round to doing the rest of the Brum pubs we did

aleandhearty
06-04-2011, 19:18
Indeed! I recall an earlier thread where his pub review fame had touched the nation so far that he was almost in line to switch on Rochdale's Christmas lights!

:D:D

I'll readily admit to being terrible with my conversion rate of reviews. Virtually every pub I go into I'll scribble some notes, but writing them up's another matter. If I don't do them within a month then they've gone 'cold'. In many ways I'd probably be more objective, but I feel the spirit of the visit has subsided.

Quinno
06-04-2011, 22:53
You can now add my 208 , must get round to doing the rest of the Brum pubs we did

LOL, Sergeant Major Roger has got some peeps into line :D

I've subbed my photos so it's on the 'to do' list for next week (along with a large slab of Wolverhampton!)

ROBCamra
07-04-2011, 06:59
Indeed! I recall an earlier thread where his pub review fame had touched the nation so far that he was almost in line to switch on Rochdale's Christmas lights! There's nothing wrong with endorsing previous comments even if there is nothing additional to add.

A slight exaggeration there methinks. :D

As I recall it was one follower in Bury a mere 7 or 8 miles away.

Mind you, it was an attractive blonde female follower. :love:

oldboots
07-04-2011, 07:35
A slight exaggeration there methinks. :D

As I recall it was one follower in Bury a mere 7 or 8 miles away.

Mind you, it was an attractive blonde female follower. :love:

Don't forget your beer festival stalker:D

ROBCamra
07-04-2011, 08:18
Don't forget your beer festival stalker:D

I think you'll find that he's not stalking me. :p

He was at Fleetwood but didn't even speak to us as we made sure we didn't make eye contact.

He may be at Halifax next month though. Are you going along?

oldboots
07-04-2011, 08:44
He may be at Halifax next month though. Are you going along?

Not if your Joe Gladwin lookalike stalker's there, he was last year:p

Actually it depends on work, I may have to work as we're off to Ireland the following weekend.

Quinno
08-04-2011, 22:49
The Market Porter has 8298.

I've been in the place dozens of times and have never reviewed it so that would add another 600 or so if I ever get round to it.

I would bet that you've been in as well Quinno but haven't reviewed it either. :cheers:

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24205/

done!! :cheers::cheers: