PDA

View Full Version : Free Beer

Farway
14-12-2009, 16:34
At last, found the end of the rainbow today, a pub with free beer :drinkup:

Now before micky1234 loads up his Santa coach with all readers north of Watford and heads south perhaps I should explain

Pub is not listed on PG [well it will be once Conrad reads new "add pub" that is], off the beaten Mcgraw route [can't believe they never found this one] and has been closed since Easter time

Due to closure the drinks licence expired and they are on a temporary one, also expired, so not allowed to sell booze, they have to give it away :cheers:

The reason for the largesse is they are more gastro pub, well off beaten track, no passing trade, only open about a month and guess the food draws in customers

It is near Newbury, so plenty of non chav cash slopping around, the place was filling up as we left, all eating at over £10, more like £15 a pop

The grey cloud to my silver lining? I was driving, bu66er, so had a shandy, and was charged for the half lemonade :(

Oh, the name? Red House, at Marsh Benham, but you may be too late

hopwas
14-12-2009, 16:35
I'll get my coat.. :cheers:

Soup Dragon
14-12-2009, 16:37
Oh, the name? Red House, at Marsh Benham, but you may be too late

Just turning into Marsh Benham now, Farway - is it on the left or right?:D

hopwas
14-12-2009, 16:41
Just turning into Marsh Benham now, Farway - is it on the left or right?:D

Can I get lift mate?...

Have a look at this website.. http://www.theredhousepub.com/

Farway
14-12-2009, 16:48
Hopwas, that's the one, more informative link

http://www.theredhousepub.com/aboutus.shtml

Farway
14-12-2009, 17:00
Wow, that was quick, "suggestion for Red House confirmed"

Now I have to sort out the write up & photos, really is a nice looking place, thatched roof, country lane, large car park, and of course free beer for a brief period

Conrad
14-12-2009, 17:04
We figured we better give you the privileged treatment as you were clearly there keeping an eye on us. ;)

Eddie86
15-12-2009, 23:43
PG Christmas Social?...