PDA

View Full Version : The Beacon Hotel, Dudley

hopwas
13-12-2009, 11:13
This pub is high on my list for future pub crawls.

So What I am asking is any of you give me review about this pub. I always wanted to visit this pub but never got around to it :o

I heard their home ale.. Dark Ruby (6%) is very popular.

Also.. any decent pubs nearby?

Many thanks

Hoppy

Oggwyn Trench
13-12-2009, 12:30
Not been to the pub , but the Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild is one of the all time classic beers , bloody gorgeous:notworthy:

hopwas
13-12-2009, 15:21
Not been to the pub , but the Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild is one of the all time classic beers , bloody gorgeous:notworthy:

Iam very curious what does it taste like? Porter style I hope.. :drinkup:

Oggwyn Trench
13-12-2009, 19:35
Its strong , dark and fruity but with a milds character , thirst quenching and moreish:drinkup:

hopwas
13-12-2009, 19:52
Its strong , dark and fruity but with a milds character , thirst quenching and moreish:drinkup:

Excellent! Thats my type of ale..

Thanks Oggwyn! I bow to you... :notworthy:

Delboy20
13-12-2009, 20:16
Hi hoppy,

I haven't been in the Beacon either and it is on my to do list.
Regarding nearby pubs the Wetherspoon (The Clifton) is worth visiting and so is the Red Lion and the Swan Inn.
It has been a few years since I was there so things could have changed !!

Cheers,

Del.

Oggwyn Trench
13-12-2009, 20:16
Not sure of the distances involved but Holdens brewery tap , The Park Inn is in Dudley and was a very good pub (not been for a few years) and Bathams Brewery tap , The Vine a legendary pub is just down the road in Brierly Hill .
Sarah Hughes , Holdens and Bathams taps in one trip sounds great to me , tempted to do it myself , now wheres that timetable :drinkup:

hopwas
13-12-2009, 20:21
Hi hoppy,

I haven't been in the Beacon either and it is on my to do list.
Regarding nearby pubs the Wetherspoon (The Clifton) is worth visiting and so is the Red Lion and the Swan Inn.
It has been a few years since I was there so things could have changed !!

Cheers,

Del.

Might be good time to tick off Wetherspoon (:notworthy:) and I never done pub crawl in Black Country (Well apart from Wolves few years back)

hopwas
13-12-2009, 20:23
Not sure of the distances involved but Holdens brewery tap , The Park Inn is in Dudley and was a very good pub (not been for a few years) and Bathams Brewery tap , The Vine a legendary pub is just down the road in Brierly Hill .
Sarah Hughes , Holdens and Bathams taps in one trip sounds great to me , tempted to do it myself , now wheres that timetable :drinkup:

Ah.. The Vine.. been there and one of most famous pub in Black Country.

Hmm.. I'll have look at Park Inn later so cheers!

Oh Timetable you requested.. http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/busindex.aspx :cheers:

Delboy20
13-12-2009, 21:20
Ah.. The Vine.. been there and one of most famous pub in Black Country.

I was in the "Bull and Bladder " last night. Classic pub !

arwkrite
14-12-2009, 00:38
I remember going to Dudley Zoo as a kid. After that I have always driven around the town center. The latest was earlier this year and yet another road system had been added.I recall having a meal at a Toby Inn as you came out of Dudley toward West Brom. and the meat was cut so thin I'm sure you could read the Express and Star through it .
Is The Clifton the old cinema at the bottom of the hill by what is/was the Frieghtliner Depot ?

Soup Dragon
14-12-2009, 09:31
The Beacon is in Sedgley, outside of Dudley. I have been a few times, but way before i was rating, so didnt take much notice of the interior. I tried Sarah Hughes, but at 6+% i dont really go for it much. The Vine (Bull & Bladder) is superior, as Bathams MILD and bitter are quality. Overall, i have not, as yet, done too much Dudley way. I am finishing off Aldridge, Wednesbury, Walsall, Lichfield and Burntwood at the moment!