PDA

View Full Version : The story behind the demolition of a pub!

Lady Grey
24-03-2011, 23:34
Hello there, I have just been reading through a list of pub closures in Cheltenham, and I noticed that someone had commented on the illegal demolition of a certain pub. I was wondering if it would be acceptable to add a link for an article about the demolition in the space reserved for reviews. Many local people are up in arms about the demolition. However I do not want to further aggravate an ongoing situation. I would like to know what you think.

Pubsignman
24-03-2011, 23:42
Hi Lady Grey

Are you referring to The Greyhound Inn on Hewlett Road? I read about this pub's demolition and added the comment on the pub's page when I marked it as closed. I'm not sure whether you can post links in your reviews, but I think it is worthwhile recording the details of this pub's sad end, even if you explain what happened in your own words.

PSM

Lady Grey
25-03-2011, 00:01
I am indeed referring to The Greyhound. A feature like that would need to be carefully worded, and for the record, I share the opinion of the locals.

Farway
25-03-2011, 13:56
FWIW I sometimes post links, they are not clickable but copy & paste, and they normally link to the story about pub in local paper, example here (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/13641/)

Conrad
26-03-2011, 10:42
Hello there, I have just been reading through a list of pub closures in Cheltenham, and I noticed that someone had commented on the illegal demolition of a certain pub. I was wondering if it would be acceptable to add a link for an article about the demolition in the space reserved for reviews. Many local people are up in arms about the demolition. However I do not want to further aggravate an ongoing situation. I would like to know what you think.
I think that is a perfectly fine use of the article link, if the article is on another site then it is their journalistic integrity at risk.

The other thing is that links are reviewed before being allowed onto the site (this is not a guarantee of content as it can change after we look), so if we look at it and think "no way" then we just reject them.

Lady Grey
26-03-2011, 19:02
Thank you for the feed back. The articles that were written about The Greyhound, appeared in the local paper.

Lady Grey
02-04-2011, 15:49
Thank you for adding the link to the article about The Greyhound.