PDA

View Full Version : xmas working hours ..

micky1234
03-12-2009, 20:12
tomorrow i wil be driving a bus load of already drunken squaddies to the Altisidora pub in Bishop Burton East Yorkshire for their xmas meal and further drinking ,, its a Marstons real ale pub as i remember .. popular with students from the college next door .. its named after a famous racehorse or something .. anyway they'll be in there for about 5 hours before i return to collect them .. meanwhile i'll be sitting in me bus in a layby with the engine running .. destroying the planet and dressed as Santa Clause .. if i dont get a decent tip i'll be well pissed off .. will be getting more stocks of Owd Roger on me credit card if all else fails .. anyway .. happy xmas ..

hopwas
03-12-2009, 20:29
Owd Roger

Guess what? Iam drinking it right now. Superb and dangerously drinkable!

I worked in pub on Xmas day from 12pm to 3pm many years ago. No complaints as I was allowed to drink alcohol while working (usually punters paying me drinks!)

micky1234
03-12-2009, 20:49
good to hear you'r a devotee too .. am running dangerously low .. a mere few sips left of current stock .. going to have tomake do with the scrapings of some Gaymers old english cider whilst sitting through whatevers on the tv tonight .. just hope the Santa suit still fits ..

hopwas
03-12-2009, 20:52
Gaymers old english cider whilst sitting through whatevers on the tv tonight .. just hope the Santa suit still fits ..

Iam running low on Owd Roger as well.. Luckily I got 4 cans of Old Somerset Cider in fridge plus a bottle of Southern Comfort.

Get excercise before putting on santa suit.. :rolleyes:

micky1234
03-12-2009, 20:52
what happened to my previous "teetotal" legend ? "spritzer swallower sounds too wrong on many levels .. " glass half empty " is more me ...

Eddie86
03-12-2009, 20:55
I'll be open from 12.30 on the big day - til 3pm, when M-I-Laws turkey needs my attention. Great fun - spot the christmas pressie is my game of choice, last years winner was a pair of socks that looked like 2 pints of Guinness. The bloke pulled up his trouser leg to show us, and the locals made sure it didn't come back down again until he left the building!

oldboots
04-12-2009, 08:22
... a bus load of already drunken squaddies to the Altisidora pub in Bishop Burton East Yorkshire for their xmas meal and further drinking .. its named after a famous racehorse or something

it is named after a very famous racehorse, its picture is on the pub sign ;), I remember going on a brewery trip with some sailors, unfortunately some were so drunk they couldn't get off the bus:D.

Owd Roger

I used to drink the stuff on draught many years ago, brilliant but dangerous. Even the pub I drank it in has been demolished now.

I am working over Christmas and will have to remain dry until the 28th :(

Roll on Hogmanay :glass::glass:

Farway
04-12-2009, 13:12
Ha, not working at all, off to daughter's Christmas Day, champagne breakfast I'm told, it's a start

Soup Dragon
04-12-2009, 14:14
I am leaving the wife and kids sort the xmas stuff out, i will be reporting to PG on a pub tour of open places in Eccleshall; unless of course, the wife logs onto PG as well, in which case, i am cooking Xams dinner;)

Eddie86
04-12-2009, 17:54
it is named after a very famous racehorse, its picture is on the pub sign ;), I remember going on a brewery trip with some sailors, unfortunately some were so drunk they couldn't get off the bus:D.

I used to drink the stuff on draught many years ago, brilliant but dangerous. Even the pub I drank it in has been demolished now.

I am working over Christmas and will have to remain dry until the 28th :(

Roll on Hogmanay :glass::glass:

I'm never getting a barrel of it if thats what happens when you vent it a little early!

oldboots
04-12-2009, 18:24
I'm never getting a barrel of it if thats what happens when you vent it a little early!

chortle :D

Oggwyn Trench
04-12-2009, 20:21
I am leaving the wife and kids sort the xmas stuff out, i will be reporting to PG on a pub tour of open places in Eccleshall; unless of course, the wife logs onto PG as well, in which case, i am cooking Xams dinner;)
Cook Xmas dinner or get stuck in Slaters Brewery Tap , decisions decisions:drinkup:

arwkrite
04-12-2009, 20:49
I wonder how Mickey1234 is getting on. Students , Squaddies and booze can be a volatile mix. I hope everyone gets home safe, may be bruised but un bowed.

micky1234
05-12-2009, 12:32
completed the task in good time with major rush hour traffic disruption caused whilst waiting outside the Altisidora pub with me four way flashers on whilst me passengers had a quick several for the road before re-embarking .. must have been a bizarre spectacle for angry motorists waving two fingered salutes at me the driver disguised as a heavily bearded Santa Clause returning similar salutes back .. anyway job done i called at the Woolpack Inn for a pint of Hobgoblin and said farewell to the present landpeople on their final night .. the pub is to shut and reopen in two weeks .. i hope they still be selling Snecklifter .. will be dressed as Santa once again tonight collecting party goers from various sites to attend a big party back at Camp .. and then home for a few Owd Rogers .. Ho Ho Ho and all that .. ! :cheers:

micky1234
07-12-2009, 19:41
completed the task in good time with major rush hour traffic disruption caused whilst waiting outside the Altisidora pub with me four way flashers on whilst me passengers had a quick several for the road before re-embarking .. must have been a bizarre spectacle for angry motorists waving two fingered salutes at me the driver disguised as a heavily bearded Santa Clause returning similar salutes back .. anyway job done i called at the Woolpack Inn for a pint of Hobgoblin and said farewell to the present landpeople on their final night .. the pub is to shut and reopen in two weeks .. i hope they still be selling Snecklifter .. will be dressed as Santa once again tonight collecting party goers from various sites to attend a big party back at Camp .. and then home for a few Owd Rogers .. Ho Ho Ho and all that .. ! :cheers:

hey ho or is that ho ho .. anyway saturdays major disruption occurred outside the foresters Inn beckside beverley .. whilst i was causing terminal traffic congestion with me coach as various sergeant ranking squaddies took their time to board from said pub to a 5 in the morning do on camp .. passing drivers started to sound their horns .. the climax being when a taxi driver got out of his car to attend to said sergeant squaddies giving v salutes and was beaten to the ground .. after a short compromise with the soon on the scene police chappies we were allowed to continue our journey .. it was a welcome pint of Snecklifter followed me evenings work ..