PDA

View Full Version : Ugthorpe and Darnholm

Filo
29-01-2007, 11:44
Hi Conrad,

Would you please add Ugthorpe and Darnholm to the Whitby area list.

Then would you move "The Black Bull" to Ugthorpe and the "Whitfield House Hotel to the Hamlet of Darnholm.

By the way, I dont think The Black Bull has "Postgate" in its address.

Thanks,

Filo

Galore Admin
30-01-2007, 13:08
Hi filo,

I have seperated out the Black Bull into Ugthorpe and put the Whitfield Hotel into Goathland, the Hamlet of Darnholm is too small a division to use really.

Thanks

Conrad

Filo
30-01-2007, 17:10
Hi Conrad,

Perhaps your right it is quite small and spread out a bit, but the locals around here don't think of it as part of Goathland in the same way they dont think about Beck Hole as being part of Goathland. I think It deserves its own identity.

I hope you will reconsider...

Thanks,

Filo

Galore Admin
30-01-2007, 17:29
The district system we are using is as far as possible based on postal areas, although there are some arbitrary elements within that, for the purposes of mail districts however Darnholme is part of Goathland.

The problem we have is making sure the site is usable, if we keep on subdividing it could just be that we show each pub by street, at what point does the site become unusable? Living in Bristol I can say that knowing about the pubs in Clifton doesn't really help those in Kingswood (5 miles apart), although we have not made those sub-divisions yet as it makes it hard for users to navigate our site, and adds to our overhead in managing the site, trying to work out where all the pubs go. For this reason where possible we try and avoid additional sub-divisions.

Conrad

Filo
30-01-2007, 17:38
Hi Conrad,

Ok I see your point. Thanks anyway.

We used to live in Bristol so I know the areas you mention quite well, We used to live along the Wells Road.

Filo

Galore Admin
30-01-2007, 17:44
Hi Filo,

So indeed both Clifton and Kingswood would be useless to you :) (Wells road is somewhere between the two for anyone not in the know). I'm actually up the Gloucester Rd so partake of all the pubs along there when I am out. Sadly never really tried anywhere along the Wells Road, so not able to compare notes.

Thanks

Conrad

Filo
30-01-2007, 17:55
Hi Conrad,

We had two locals. One was a Halls pub and the other Courage. The Courage one had the most visits. It was so long ago I can't remember what they where called. We did most of our drinking in the Town Centre and in the Railway staff club at Temple Meads station. There was a light ship in the docks that was used as a late night club. That was a good night out. Of course I was much younger then!

Filo