PDA

View Full Version : The Olympics Thread

Strongers
15-03-2011, 23:26
Anyone applied for tickets yet?

I can't afford it and only have 41 days left to apply - it'll be the marathon for me and the girls!

gillhalfpint
16-03-2011, 08:36
Ditto. We are having a giggle at things like credit cards not being accepted if they expire before August 11 and the clock breaks down and causes problems.

If I want to watch anything specific, will look for it on telly.

PS. Did anyone see the offocial trying not to say they couldn't guarantee that a family would be seated together. They will TRY to put the seats together. They will DO THEIR BEST to see families have seats together. I wouldn't want to take kids, supposing I could afford tickets, and find they were not with me.

hondo
16-03-2011, 08:53

Alesonly
16-03-2011, 09:17
If I don't have to work I will be as far away from London as possible.
I would sooner spend three weeks on the Isle of Wight or in Carlisle than stay down here in London its going too be Hell on the Tube & Roads for us that have too work in London.

RogerB
16-03-2011, 09:24
I was hoping to do a tour of all the football grounds but it would need a bit of organising and I don't know anyone who would commit themselves into doing it at this early stage. I would like to see an event at each of the Stratford arenas but again, I'm not going to buy tickets now and end up with a load of spares that I can't get rid of. I'm not particularly bothered about seeing the well known athletes and I'm not prepared to fork out big money so I'll take my chances nearer the event and see what's around. If I miss out, so be it - I'm not going to be too upset.

hondo
16-03-2011, 09:39
what fitba grounds are being used i know Hampden has some games

RogerB
16-03-2011, 10:05
what fitba grounds are being used i know Hampden has some games

Wembley, London
Old Trafford, Manchester
St James Park, Newcastle
Hamden Park, Glasgow
City Of Coventry Stadium, Coventry
Millenium Stadium, Cardiff

Farway
16-03-2011, 14:41
If I don't have to work I will be as far away from London as possible.
I would sooner spend three weeks on the Isle of Wight

That will not help, the sailing is in Portland, so no doubt the Needles area will be busy

I have zero interest in Olympics, so will have 3 weeks of bu66er all on the tele and will have to find a pub without a tele

PS, I did go down to Portsmouth when the Tour De France came over, nice day out, Red Arrows as well as the racing

Quinno
16-03-2011, 14:59
I quite fancied the weightlifting but the prices were too much. So it's the pub for me :)