PDA

View Full Version : Most Exclusive Pub

hopwas
27-11-2009, 13:55
Surely must be Punch Bowl owned by Guy Ritchie? (Can anyone kind to post link for this pub? I cant recall which area in London)

I know there is a pub somewhere in Thames Valley area where it only admits residents.

I went to pub in Coventry called The Fairfax, within seconds entering Landlord screamed "You are member? If not get out of my pub! You should see the sign outside!" Even it is public pub, I wasnt welcomed! :moremad: That was in 2004.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56148/

Farway
27-11-2009, 14:19
How about the 3 Chris Evans owns?

http://www.evanspubs.co.uk/chris-evans.html

Never know your luck, could just into Billie as she is still mates apparently, far better option than meeting Ginger

http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/celebrity/billie-piper/billie-pipers-new-years-wedding.html

Just checked, the two near Midhurst have good ratings on PG, the Welsh one is unrated

Hmmm, maybe I could have a mini crawl to Midhurst / Petworth next year when days lengthen, could get lucky :cool: :love:

oldboots
27-11-2009, 15:03
I went to pub in Coventry called The Fairfax, within seconds entering Landlord screamed "You are member? If not get out of my pub! You should see the sign outside!" Even it is public pub, I wasnt welcomed! :moremad: That was in 2004.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56148/

to be fair the picture does say Fairfax Club, for exclusivity how about the bars in the Houses of Parliament, open only to the greedy snouts in the trough basta our dear hardworking elected representitives and their paymasters friends.

Soup Dragon
27-11-2009, 15:18
Some pubs i know are very exclusive, minimum entrey requirement is a year stretch!:rolleyes:

hopwas
27-11-2009, 15:21
to be fair the picture does say Fairfax Club

Blimey! Your eyes must be very good. I dont see any "Club" in picture nor heading! :eek:

Feeling very annoyed, Luckily Old Windmill was nearby and had very stiff drink :rolleyes:

Good shout about bar in Parliament..

There is pub is not listed in PG in Tamworth, very exclusively for friends and invitation only. I had a pleasure to drink in "exclusive" pub. 6 real ales on, fruit machine, large screen with sky sports showing, proper lunch and has own opening hours.

For licensing law reasons, I cannot say where or name of pub.. :p

Soup Dragon
27-11-2009, 15:25
Blimey! Your eyes must be very good. I dont see any "Club" in picture nor heading! :eek:

Feeling very annoyed, Luckily Old Windmill was nearby and had very stiff drink :rolleyes:

Good shout about bar in Parliament..

There is pub is not listed in PG in Tamworth, very exclusively for friends and invitation only. I had a pleasure to drink in "exclusive" pub. 6 real ales on, fruit machine, large screen with sky sports showing, proper lunch and has own opening hours.

If there was only 3 people in, it is most likely Tamworth FC's clubhouse:p

hopwas
27-11-2009, 15:29
If there was only 3 people in, it is most likely Tamworth FC's clubhouse:p

:D

Oh you are too wrong! Enough joke about my beloved team

Soup Dragon
27-11-2009, 15:42
yes, the beer choice at the Lamb:-

'do ya want Fosters of Carlin' luv, the John Smiths has just gone?'

'and watch ya head on the twigs bab'

Sorry Hoppy, couldn't resist:p

hopwas
27-11-2009, 15:53
yes, the beer choice at the Lamb:-

'do ya want Fosters of Carlin' luv, the John Smiths has just gone?'

'and watch ya head on the twigs bab'

Sorry Hoppy, couldn't resist:p

:D:D:D Loving :twigs:

Oh you may not know but Tamworth playing Grays tomorrow.. Grays Athletic is home of GBG's only listed pub entirely run by professional football club. It is located in Grays' clubhouse.

Shame on 92 club...

oldboots
27-11-2009, 15:54

click on "View all this pubs pictures" then click on "View largest copy of photo" you then get a full screen view and even my tired old eyes can pick out the detail.

There is an old farmer in the north of Scotland who has converted his barn into a bar for family and friends, I was lucky enough to get invited in once when doing a job on the farm. It's all there except draught beer, just optics, bottles and cans and the typical pub paraphernalia but no twigs, and its free. :glass:

hopwas
27-11-2009, 16:00
click on "View all this pubs pictures" then click on "View largest copy of photo" you then get a full screen view and even my tired old eyes can pick out the detail.

In proper Homer Simpson accent.. DOH!!! :o

I forget about full screen view so excuse me my already weakened brain cells..

oldboots
27-11-2009, 16:14
excuse me my already weakened brain cells..

as long as they're only weakened through the drink, welcome to the club :confused:

Oggwyn Trench
27-11-2009, 20:10
I would say the most exclusive pub is the one where i will be found propping up the bar :D

Oggwyn Trench
27-11-2009, 20:11
I would say the most exclusive pub is the one where i will be found propping up the bar :D

Also see "dodgiest pubs " thread

Soup Dragon
27-11-2009, 20:15
a bad case of split personality there, Oggy, mate

:twigs::glass:

Oggwyn Trench
27-11-2009, 20:19
a bad case of split personality there, Oggy, mate

:twigs::glass:

A lot of the pubs i drink in are exclusively dodgy ;)

Farway
28-11-2009, 08:34

Surely the most exclusive would be where you get a round in? :)

Oggwyn Trench
28-11-2009, 13:02
Surely the most exclusive would be where you get a round in? :)

Me buy a round ! the thought of it , must go for a lie down , i feel feint :)