PDA

View Full Version : House of the Trembling Madness in York

sheffield hatter
12-03-2011, 23:07
Conrad/Dave,

I have added some photos to the House of the Trembling Madness (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/72245/) in York. A previous reviewer (Old Boots) referred to a feature of the pub: "one wall is decorated with the heads of various small mammals". As I was in there this evening I thought I would take a couple of pictures of these mammals. OK, some of them are small (mouse, mole, rabbit), but there's also a lion and what I think might be a jaguar.

Now you could of course reject these photos as inappropriate - I leave that up to you - but if you decide to accept them could you please disable them from the summary page.

Thanks

Conrad
13-03-2011, 00:01
This is going to sound a little petulant and I apologise for that.

The disable feature was meant to hide pictures that do not represent the pub. I think that these images are perfectly valid as they show the character of the pub. Equally as they are current I think they are perfectly valid to be on the summary page.

A feature that was publicised and distributed to the community to help out and free us up for other work, was withdrawn because we weren't confident it was being used consistently, and now we are getting written instructions on how to apply it in a way that it was never meant for.

We have a ridiculous amount of stuff awaiting approval, so I think the best take on this is if you don't think a picture is worthy of summary then it probably shouldn't be added.

I really think those images are worthy of the summary however.

sheffield hatter
13-03-2011, 09:09
OK, point taken. :)

I guess I was really after a second opinion on those photos, which you've provided. I'll bear in mind what you say about this facility and try not to bother you again.:o