PDA

View Full Version : Today's footy

gillhalfpint
27-02-2011, 19:01
Who's celebrating the footy then?

Watched the best bits of Wembley in the channel 3 adverts, plus the last 10 mins.

rpadam
27-02-2011, 19:34

Watched the best bits of Wembley in the channel 3 adverts, plus the last 10 mins.
Don't know about the footy, but the cricket was a cracking game...

Strongers
27-02-2011, 21:53
The cricket was fantastic and the football was entertaining in the first half and not so much at final whistle.... We all hate Birmingham City, in TW8 anyway!

RogerB
27-02-2011, 22:46

Me. Big Time!

runningdog
28-02-2011, 08:35
Don't know about the footy, but the cricket was a cracking game...
England at football, rugger, cricket, you never know which team is going to turn up, the dark side or the lions.
The trouble with cricket is it gives them time to change sides now and then during the game. Still an all, 672 runs, 18 wickets all wrapped up in brilliance and stuffed with schoolboy stupidity, makes for some sort of roller coaster of a days sport. Which, through the much maligned magic of Sky Box+ I got to see the lot, :whistle::drinkup: and the football as well..........
Come to think on it, you never know which Arsenal will turn up either........
:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Soup Dragon
28-02-2011, 17:38
Just wanted to say well done to the Blues - even as a Villa fan and even despite them knocking us out en route, i still support the midlands clubs first

Strongers
28-02-2011, 21:26
Last second goal and knocked us out on penalties, seems to be a trait of the lucky basts and I'll not hark back to the days when they robbed us of promotion!

gillhalfpint
01-03-2011, 10:01
Birmingham Council and Fooball Club robbing the city of an open top bus parade. Say it will cause gridlock and kids will play truant. Having civic reception at Blues ground instead on Sunday. Why can't the bus do the rounds on a Sunday I wonder.

Bet Arsensal would have had an open top bus parade if they had won.

They don't mind the disruption St Patrick's Day parade causes, but won't allow anything for St George.

hondo
01-03-2011, 10:24
Arsenal's last trophy parade
cant criticise as my club haven't won the Scottish cup for 109 years :o:(:rolleyes:

Al 10000
01-03-2011, 13:48
They don't mind the disruption St Patrick's Day parade causes, but won't allow anything for St George.

I agree with what you said this country now bends over backwards to help everone out except the English.

Strongers
01-03-2011, 18:01
Happy St David's Day - BAH!

Delboy20
01-03-2011, 21:14
Just wanted to say well done to the Blues - even as a Villa fan and even despite them knocking us out en route, i still support the midlands clubs first

Sorry soupy - I can't agree. It has ruined one of my favourite chants. " 100 years and won **** all "