PDA

View Full Version : Captive Queen, Sheffield

sheffield hatter
09-02-2011, 12:33
Hi Conrad,

The Captive Queen (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/43087/), 131 Guildford Avenue, Sheffield S2 2PR no longer exists. The building at this address is on Google maps street view, where it appears to be the Church of the Nazarene. Royal Mail lists this building as Sheffield Community Church.

If anyone is sure that this is the old pub building, I'm happy to go and take a photo of it (I could use the exercise:)). In the meantime, as it is not clear whether this is the same building that used to be a pub, I leave it up to you whether you mark this as a closed pub or simply delete the entry.

Cheers

Conrad
10-02-2011, 09:57
Hi sheffield hatter,

With no contributions we may as well delete it. It can always be re-added.

Thanks for that.

Al 10000
10-02-2011, 14:38
Hi Conrad and Sheffield hatter,

The Captive Queen was a Stones tied house on the norfolk park estate and it did sell real ale.

Regarding the Norfolk Park church of nazarine this was definatley the Captive Queen.

I never got a photo of this pub.

Conrad
11-02-2011, 13:09
I am happy for anyone to re-add it.

sheffield hatter
11-02-2011, 22:07
I've been up there today and taken a couple of photos (I told you I needed the exercise:)) and have now re-added the church, erm pub. Perhaps we were a little quick off the mark in deleting it - should have guessed Alan would have been there:whistle:...