PDA

View Full Version : Pubs in Ilfracombe

nogoodboyo
07-11-2009, 21:36
Can anyone recommend any of the pubs in Ilfracombe? I'm going there in December for a weekend, the Good Beer Guide 2009 has no listings, and the pubs on Pubs Galore have no reviews.

Soup Dragon
09-11-2009, 09:23
hi boyo,

sorry mate, no can do. I dont think i have even had a pint in Ilfracombe:muppet:

nogoodboyo
10-11-2009, 21:38
Well I've been there, but, and this is very unusual for me, I didn't have a pint there. Seeing as how I will be spending 3 nights there soon, I thought I would seek expert opinion on this matter.

Dave M
11-11-2009, 13:10
I'm afraid I'm no help either, last time I was in Ilfracombe I was about 15 so don't think I visited any pubs although I guess I may have had a Woodpecker somewhere!

I do have a friend who has a caravan down there, I will ask her where she goes - but I think she is a lager drinker so may not be the most helpful.

Oggwyn Trench
11-11-2009, 14:12
Not been for about 10 years , had the best mixed grill i`ve ever had in the George and Dragon (i think) but chances are its all changed . There was a pub down on the Quay where the local Lifeboat Crew drank that was a good laugh .

hopwas
12-11-2009, 11:35
hi boyo,

sorry mate, no can do. I dont think i have even had a pint in Ilfracombe:muppet:

I have :D

I went on holiday to Bideford and decided going to Illfracombe for day out. I found this pub called The Lambs Inn Hotel in middle of town centre and it is all right pub bit rough but friendly. Most of Ilfracombe's pub is poor and rough so best head to village on outskirts.

The reason I went to this pub? My local football team Tamworth nickname is The Lambs.... :rolleyes:

Soup Dragon
12-11-2009, 12:35
The reason I went to this pub? My local football team Tamworth nickname is The Lambs.... :rolleyes:

And their ground (The Lamb)......is also a bit rough:p

hopwas
14-11-2009, 10:24
And their ground (The Lamb)......is also a bit rough:p

Hmmmm.. by judging your location, I take it you are Burton Albion fan.. :rolleyes:

Soup Dragon
14-11-2009, 11:00
Hmmmm.. by judging your location, I take it you are Burton Albion fan.. :rolleyes:

No, mate - not at all - it is just a bit of a dump - be honest!

I think they wanted to move a while back, but couldnt get planning permission

hopwas
14-11-2009, 11:17
No, mate - not at all - it is just a bit of a dump - be honest!

I think they wanted to move a while back, but couldnt get planning permission

Dump?? You need get your eyes tested :eek:

Just have a look this beauty..

http://www.conferencegrounds.co.uk/tamworth1.jpg

They wanted to move in around 2004/05 but they didnt raise cash enough and we are in recession. Luckily our current ground lease is up in 2035 so plenty of time to get new ground up and running...

Soup Dragon
14-11-2009, 11:27
Dump?? You need get your eyes tested :eek:

Just have a look this beauty..

http://www.conferencegrounds.co.uk/tamworth1.jpg

They wanted to move in around 2004/05 but they didnt raise cash enough and we are in recession. Luckily our current ground lease is up in 2035 so plenty of time to get new ground up and running...

And now show a picture of the rest of the ground:p

hopwas
14-11-2009, 11:47
And now show a picture of the rest of the ground:p

Er... no :o

Google it yourself..:D

nogoodboyo
20-11-2009, 14:58
The trip's off now, as not enough people booked.