PDA

View Full Version : Is this a record? 5 viewing @ 1413

Farway
05-11-2009, 14:14
OK, no one got any work to do except look on forum :)

Actually if this is the most then something is being done right [sloppy English, but you get the idea]

Conrad
05-11-2009, 14:28
We can certainly call it the record, I can't imagine we have had that many on who contribute before.

Something to build off, the more the merrier!

hopwas
05-11-2009, 14:32
Conrad

What is this all about then?

Most users ever online was 173, 29-06-2007 at 06:38.

:eek::eek::eek:

Conrad
05-11-2009, 15:04
Conrad

What is this all about then?

Most users ever online was 173, 29-06-2007 at 06:38.

:eek::eek::eek:
I was wondering if anyone would spot that, I have no idea whatsoever what that was about. At any given time there will be about 4 guests on the forums and they will generally be search engines, so a certain amount of it will be that, not sure if Dave can cast any light on it.

Dave M
05-11-2009, 19:36
At any given time there will be about 4 guests on the forums and they will generally be search engines, so a certain amount of it will be that, not sure if Dave can cast any light on it.

Nope, I have no more light to cast I'm afraid.

As you say there will generally be about 4 guests that are search engines. They do however go a bit berserk sometimes, Google have several hundred computers that go round fetching pages but only a handful should be looking at any one site - I suppose occasionally the instructions to look at a particular page gets sent to all of them instead and something like that happens.

And I now imagine Hopwas is wishing he'd never asked! ;)

Conrad
22-12-2009, 16:47
7 online members at the moment, and Dave and Galore Admin aren't amongst them, so not being inflated by the office.

:cheers:

Soup Dragon
22-12-2009, 16:53
7 online members at the moment, and Dave and Galore Admin aren't amongst them, so not being inflated by the office.

:cheers:

get that magic 10:cheers:

hopwas
22-12-2009, 16:55
get that magic 10:cheers:

Hear Hear!

Now we have a member jumped from BITE ship.

Hopefully we will get at least 20 before end of 2010..

aleandhearty
23-12-2009, 10:11
Hear Hear!

Now we have a member jumped from BITE ship.

Hopefully we will get at least 20 before end of 2010..

I suspect the tide is turning. I'm convinced we'll see several more in the near future.

hondo
23-12-2009, 10:22
:):drinkup:

Soup Dragon
23-12-2009, 10:33
:):drinkup:

Conrad, you will need to expand the emoticon base - hondo often communicates in them alone - some say his ancestors were Egyptian tomb builders and symbols just run in his blood:rolleyes:

arwkrite
23-12-2009, 10:46
Hondo has arrived, things get better and better.Get your feet under the table Hondo and join in.The place is filling up nicely.We will have to nick some more chairs and at this rate find a bigger table.:D

hondo
23-12-2009, 11:21
Conrad, you will need to expand the emoticon base - hondo often communicates in them alone - some say his ancestors were Egyptian tomb builders and symbols just run in his blood:rolleyes:
:D As Napoleon Bonaparte said "Un bon croquis vaut mieux qu'un long discours,":nishelypished:

Soup Dragon
23-12-2009, 11:38
:D As Napoleon Bonaparte said "Un bon croquis vaut mieux qu'un long discours,":nishelypished:

QED, hondo!

arwkrite
23-12-2009, 14:38
Needed my Google translater for that one. I hope he aint all EU on us.

Soup Dragon
23-12-2009, 14:44
A good sketch is better than a long speech, Mr A

runningdog
23-12-2009, 19:51
Conrad, you will need to expand the emoticon base - hondo often communicates in them alone - some say his ancestors were Egyptian tomb builders and symbols just run in his blood

Funny, I thought you said tomb robber before..........

No offence, hondo

And I'm here to tell yer, I've never drunk a spritzer in me life, neither have any of me dogs. The cheek of it.

Conrad
23-12-2009, 19:57
Don't worry RD, you will soon graduate.

To follow up on the question of where we get the weird user counts - 30 guests online at the moment and it appears that Baidu's spider is crawling us. So a search engine called Baidu has decided to rapidly read our site.

RogerB
30-12-2009, 09:51
Hondo has arrived, things get better and better.Get your feet under the table Hondo and join in.The place is filling up nicely.We will have to nick some more chairs and at this rate find a bigger table.:D

Hello strangers. I've brought my own bar stool.

Conrad
30-12-2009, 10:13
Hi RogerB,

Good to have you here, I think you already know most of the contributors on the forum. I am one of the developers on PG (along with Dave) if you have any problems/queries/suggestions on how it is all done I am keen to hear them.

To hassle you before you get going I think you have already contributed a great deal to PG in the last couple of weeks? And are using a different nickname here (on the forum) to the one on the PG site, if that is correct did you want me to merge them?

And also as I think I am in here before him I would like to introduce Hopwas who I am beginning to think of as our resident Norm (for those who remember Cheers).

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Soup Dragon
30-12-2009, 10:51
Hello strangers. I've brought my own bar stool.

Hi Roger - the Dartford Dynamo - you will perhaps know me under a different name. Your contributions will be a big bonus to PG and i really hope you stick around!

RogerB
30-12-2009, 11:25
Hi RogerB,
To hassle you before you get going I think you have already contributed a great deal to PG in the last couple of weeks? And are using a different nickname here (on the forum) to the one on the PG site, if that is correct did you want me to merge them?

Yes - best to keep everything under one name - stick it all under RogerB since that will be familiar to most people who know me.

Conrad
30-12-2009, 11:37
Yes - best to keep everything under one name - stick it all under RogerB since that will be familiar to most people who know me.
Sorted (This bit is just because the forum thinks that the word sorted is too short to be a post :moremad:)

RogerB
30-12-2009, 11:49
Well my first mission will be to get rid of that Teetotal tag before anyone else I know sees it! Second mission will be to update and rewrite all my exisiting reviews and get them posted (I'm already up to the A's). Third mission will be to get through all the emoticons :cheers:

Oggwyn Trench
30-12-2009, 17:58
Well my first mission will be to get rid of that Teetotal tag before anyone else I know sees it! Second mission will be to update and rewrite all my exisiting reviews and get them posted (I'm already up to the A's). Third mission will be to get through all the emoticons :cheers:

Yes being a Teetotal God is no good for your reputation :)

RogerB
30-12-2009, 18:31
:eek: There's more people on here who know me than I originally thought. No point using all the old gags then.

Conrad
30-12-2009, 19:02
1 more post to get past the TT allegation and we shall never mention it again, although I suspect the new allegation may be almost as bad.

Can I once again say how appreciative I am of our recent contributors. We have for a long time had an amazing community of photographers and in the last few months it has been joined by reviewers, it continues to improve the site and has made it a fantastic ending to the year, may it continue into the new one.

Anyway better go and find some new emoticons to keep you busy with the third mission.

arwkrite
30-12-2009, 22:56
:eek: There's more people on here who know me than I originally thought. No point using all the old gags then.

Hello and welcome RogerB. You will have previously known my name but without the "W"( dont ask why the "W", lifes to short) We will have to find a new source for our jokes seeing as we cannot crib yours any more.

ROBCamra
31-12-2009, 14:24
Well I've never heard of you Roger, honest !!

It's a long way to God on here.

RogerB
31-12-2009, 15:05
Well I've never heard of you Roger, honest !!

It's a long way to God on here.

Rochdale being top of the 4th Division has clearly made you delusional.

My, that spritzer sure tastes good. Where do I go from here?

Delboy20
31-12-2009, 15:17

Hi Conrad,

I had been meaning to ask you about this. Can you attribute all my contributions to the website to Delboy20 ??

Cheers,

Del.

Conrad
31-12-2009, 15:18
Glass Half Full is the next step in the journey.

We welcome suggestions for that though (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?399-Suggestions-from-anyone-with-imagination&highlight=spritzer).

Conrad
31-12-2009, 16:56
Hi Conrad,

I had been meaning to ask you about this. Can you attribute all my contributions to the website to Delboy20 ??

Cheers,

Del.
Sorry missed this, will PM you.