PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the McGraws

Soup Dragon
01-02-2011, 22:13
I just wanted to say a big well done to John and Elizabeth McGraw on having reached 11,000 pub photographs on the site

........ to save time, i though i would post this for next week........

A big well done to John and Elizabeth McGraw for reaching 12,000 photos on the site!:D

rpadam
01-02-2011, 22:40
I just wanted to say a big well done to John and Elizabeth McGraw on having reached 11,000 pub photographs on the site
Blimey - that's good work, so keep it up... (Actually, thinking about it, that's 20% of the total number of pubs and bars in the UK which makes it a pretty remarkable achievement so "good work" doesn't even come close...)

hondo
02-02-2011, 06:50
:notworthy:

Pubsignman
02-02-2011, 08:57
that's 20% of the total number of pubs and bars in the UK

Wow...that is an incredible feat. Great work!!

Congratulations should also go to Strongers who recently overtook Mr McGraw as the top PUG reviewer (unless there's a prolific reviewer I've yet to stumble across), having now reviewed 1628 different pubs.

Conrad
02-02-2011, 12:22
Blimey - that's good work, so keep it up... (Actually, thinking about it, that's 20% of the total number of pubs and bars in the UK which makes it a pretty remarkable achievement so "good work" doesn't even come close...)
It is incredible work and has done an amazing amount for this site. Just to skew this stat a little though a certain amount of the pubs will be closed.

Crossste
02-02-2011, 17:08
Its a shame he doesn,t sketch each pub. He could then be known as Quick Draw McGraw.

Sorry to the younger members who may not remember this cartoon character.

Farway
03-02-2011, 14:43
Just to add my admiration of the McGraws, a truly amazing feat. I know just how much time & trouble it took me to attempt just one area of Hampshire, so the efforts of the McGraws are really outstanding :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

aleandhearty
03-02-2011, 15:31

I'm a bit slow off the mark here, but well done guys. An amazing feat.

Its a shame he doesn,t sketch each pub. He could then be known as Quick Draw McGraw.

.....What if John and Elizabeth always visited a pub at opening time? Then they could be the 'Early Doors' McGraws.

bzylzy
03-02-2011, 18:08
It's been very rewarding, but very, very alarming to see so many of our pubs closing. John does all the hard work walking miles,Camera at the ready (good way to use our bus pass though!) most of the time these days I stay at home doing all the Admin so any mistakes blame me. keep looking at Pubsgalore as we have not finished yet by a long chalk,I am getting lists & maps ready for the next big batch in March, John says he is keeping a check on his Liver!!! John & Liz Mcgraw

Strongers
03-02-2011, 18:52
I take my hat off to the McGraws :notworthy: as it must take Green Beret like planning to hit every pub in each town and take a picture from every angle! I usually end up missing one which really cheeses me off :moremad:, especially when it is in a town of little interest that I wouldn’t naturally return to.

Cheers PSM, I’m not sure that I will be at the top for long though as I cannot keep up with AL 10000 the serial reviewer :ninja: – Hats off again!

Paris_Hilton
11-02-2011, 13:27
Congrats also go to Graham Mason who appproaching the contribution to his 5,000th pub on PuG.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/userinfo.php?name=Perry&page=1

ROBCamra
11-02-2011, 13:51
And congrats to OB for his 1000th post on the forum during his latest rant. ;)

Anyone else over 1000 apart from Conrad, Roger & Soupy?

oldboots
11-02-2011, 14:04
And congrats to OB for his 1000th post on the forum during his latest rant. ;)

Thank you RC. Rant? me? when have you ever seen me rant.............oh yes... um... right forget that.

Conrad
11-02-2011, 14:20
Mine is a rather fictional post count, as is the number 2 of Blog Tracker :), in number 3 (or a more genuine first place) we have the legendary, but currently frequenting other forums hopwas! (1,317) Otherwise as you say it is RogerB, Soup Dragon and oldboots.

Arwkrite who has sadly slowed down recently is vying with aleandhearty to be the next to cross the line.

Farway
11-02-2011, 14:42
I think that a mention should be made of Tris C, who seems to be doing a fine job around London

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/userinfo.php?name=Tris39

Conrad
11-02-2011, 14:47
I think that a mention should be made of Tris C, who seems to be doing a fine job around London

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/userinfo.php?name=Tris39
Well spotted, they have been doing some incredible work through the sites feedback as well, embracing the site with fantastic gusto, always nice when that happens.

Wild Rover
13-02-2011, 07:43
Yes an excellent achievment by John and Elizabeth,a total i do not think i will ever reach (6200 short at the moment) The following is a list of essential tools required for a happy snapping day.

1, Camera (fully charged)
2,Pubs Galore maps of the area
3,Bus Pass
4,Bus timetable for area
5,Pedometer (optional) My average is around 10 mile a trip
6,I Pod or Mp3 Player
7,Spare camera battery
8,Wetherspoons vouchers (CAMRA)

Rex_Rattus
13-02-2011, 14:55
I see that John M has now clocked up contributions to 11111 pubs. That can't be an accident surely; I reckon he paused at that number of pubs for effect! Anyway, it demonstrates a dedication to the task that the rest of us can only strive to emulate.

rpadam
13-02-2011, 15:18
I see that John M has now clocked up contributions to 11111 pubs. That can't be an accident surely; I reckon he paused at that number of pubs for effect! Anyway, it demonstrates a dedication to the task that the rest of us can only strive to emulate.
But no - he's off again, and currently 11290 (and almost certainly more by the time you read this!)...

Maldenman
13-02-2011, 17:18
5,Pedometer (optional) My average is around 10 mile a trip

Good mileage that WR on foot, certainly if it includes a few beers along the way.
Cheers for Robinson and Salgado in my Fantasy Team yesterday BTW!

Wild Rover
14-02-2011, 07:08
Well done on the Fantasy Footy Maldenman,I used to have a couple of Rovers players in but lost confidence after the takeover.On Saturday I had the sad misfortune to attend the game which was dire,in fact Blackburn were lucky to score nil.There was a big gate as well I tried to climb over it twice at half time to get out,but the sadistic stewards kept throwing me back in for more punishment

Dave M
17-02-2011, 09:56
I see that John M has now clocked up contributions to 11111 pubs. That can't be an accident surely; I reckon he paused at that number of pubs for effect!

I have to admit I was wondering the same. There was a nice added touch of that landmark being reached on 11/02/2011 which I kind of liked, would've been even better a month earlier on 11/1/11.

I am a bit of a number geek and am easily pleased!

Paris_Hilton
18-02-2011, 12:32
I have to admit I was wondering the same. There was a nice added touch of that landmark being reached on 11/02/2011 which I kind of liked, would've been even better a month earlier on 11/1/11.

I am a bit of a number geek and am easily pleased!

You'll love this then Dave. My car mileometer has just passed 88888.

Farway
18-02-2011, 13:22

Mines stuck on 666 :eek:

ROBCamra
18-02-2011, 13:44

I suspect you've got more miles on the clock than you're admitting to Paris! :whistle::D

ROBCamra
13-04-2011, 10:03
Mine is a rather fictional post count, as is the number 2 of Blog Tracker :), in number 3 (or a more genuine first place) we have the legendary, but currently frequenting other forums hopwas! (1,317) Otherwise as you say it is RogerB, Soup Dragon and oldboots.

Arwkrite who has sadly slowed down recently is vying with aleandhearty to be the next to cross the line.

I was wondering what insightful comment and meaningful thread I could use for my 1000th post on the forums.

But I couldn't think of anything, so I wasted it on this instead. :D:cheers:

RogerB
13-04-2011, 10:08
I was wondering what insightful comment and meaningful thread I could use for my 1000th post on the forums.

:cheers::notworthy::cheers::notworthy::cheers::not worthy::cheers::notworthy::cheers::notworthy::chee rs::notworthy:

Farway
13-04-2011, 14:28

Oh, I never even thought of my post count, now I shall be watching hawklike and try and find some meaning of life and the universe to post at 1000, meanwhile this one just clocks up my postometer :rolleyes:

Rex_Rattus
31-08-2011, 09:04
I see that John is at the numbers game again, having now notched up photographs to 12345 pubs. I can't believe that it is a coincidence, since the time he paused at 11111 pubs!

RogerB
31-08-2011, 09:17
I've been bashing pics out by the dozen myself in the last couple of weeks but I'm nowhere in the same league as the McGraws!

oldboots
31-08-2011, 15:12
I've been bashing pics out by the dozen myself in the last couple of weeks but I'm nowhere in the same league as the McGraws!

Me too, there's too many shutting to hang about.

Andy Ven
31-08-2011, 20:31
I passed a bloke in Birmingham city centre last week or the week before that. He was an older guy with a big camera but he didn't look like a bus spotter that I often see. I did wonder whether it could be John McGraw and then, lo and behold, over the next few days he posted some updated photos of pubs around Birmingham city centre. To a PG member, this is like one of Charlie's Angels seeing Charlie. Impressive or what? ;)

hondo
01-09-2011, 06:58
was the bus going to fast http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/49200/) ;)

RogerB
01-09-2011, 08:22
was the bus going to fast http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/49200/) ;)

Being artistically minded I wanted to capture an angle that no-one else would attempt so I deliberately waited for the appropriate moment and got the shot I required. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.