PDA

View Full Version : Rant thread

Soup Dragon
05-11-2009, 12:53
I know Conrad isnt a fan of sticky threads - but would it help to have a rant thread - it seems every so often all the regulars and semi-regs seem to let off steam - Me= twigs:twigs:, Oggy = The Press, Mr A = parking charges, Conrad = cricket:muppet:?

Conrad
05-11-2009, 13:06
You don't want to do that, I would be on here all day, I could rant for England (although I fear Arwkrite could teach me some ;)).

I'll let Dave decide, about time he came on here a little :p

hopwas
05-11-2009, 13:33
Hey Conrad

Liking my new avatar eh mate? :p

Conrad
05-11-2009, 13:55
Hey Conrad

Liking my new avatar eh mate? :p

Ban request for Hopwas!!!!!

hopwas
05-11-2009, 13:59
Ban request for Hopwas!!!!!

Nice try.. oh you are admin, sorry!! Forgive me.. :o

Soup Dragon
05-11-2009, 14:03

Dont worry, Hoppy, It's just Conrad's humour.......... i think!

Conrad
05-11-2009, 14:10

Dont worry, Hoppy, It's just Conrad's humour.......... i think!
Pah, thats what you both think :D

Sadly Dave is a big Cricket fan so would just overrule me and unban Hopwas. It has been a bad year, Australia let me down in the Ashes (I refuse to blame England for that performance), so my 3 months of teasing Dave amounted to nothing in the end.

arwkrite
05-11-2009, 16:29
A Rant Thread ???? Lawd What Ever Next ! I dont Believe It !

Any thread started I can probably begin a rant on. Its a speciality of mine especially when the recycling assistants ( binmen) pick some ungodly hour to reverse the works transport down our street.Parking is a particularly thorny subject at the moment as I play hide and seek with parking assistants (traffic wardens) in an effort not to bankrupt myself by hospital parking charges. Anything to do with politicos,elf and safety,self styled authorities on just about anything but look young enough to have got a middling degree in media studies.....waffle .....waffle ....waffle....well I just dont believe it .

Conrads got me in a bad mood now.I would go and goose the Ward Sister now but they have done away with them, Any way top dog is a bloke and I might rightly get a smack in the gob.

Dave M
05-11-2009, 19:02
but would it help to have a rant thread - it seems every so often all the regulars and semi-regs seem to let off steam

I'm not sure we need a rant thread as such, people should be able to feel free to just rant as and when they feel the need. It is after all part of normal pub banter really.

What we perhaps need is a 'Nodding in polite agreement whilst wondering what drink to try next' type emoticon to use in responses to whoever has just gone off on one. I know that is what I do when Conrad starts ranting at the pub anyway. ;)

arwkrite
06-11-2009, 09:18
Bang On Dave. I would not want everyone to take my rants seriously. Believe me its hard work being eccentric, something which is not often appreciated.Bring back the job of Village Idiot I'm OK at that but Bigotry ain't my scene
A couple of forums I visit have really great characters who really can rant.Agree with them or not it is like standing at a pub bar while someone lets off steam.When they cool off you can get some interesting chat out of them. That is not necessarily guaranteed with me though.:)

Soup Dragon
06-11-2009, 10:36
you are all talking b****cks

:mad::mad::mad:

ok, no need for a rant thread:)

arwkrite
06-11-2009, 11:19
Its all in the surprise element Soups. You never know when or where the evil little ranters will pop up.
By the way I did not get a return when I entered b****cks in my dictionary. Is it on of those special words you academics use?:)

I hear Stourport play Walsall in 1st round FA Cup tonight.Not worth putting on the floodlights as it will be the blind leading the blind.:D

oldboots
06-11-2009, 11:38
I just have trouble pronouncing the ****

Anyway what's wrong with talking b****cks all of a sudden?

Conrad
06-11-2009, 11:51
By the way I did not get a return when I entered b****cks in my dictionary. Is it on of those special words you academics use?:)
To corrupt a Red Dwarf joke, I will suggest you stick to entering another consenting adult, you wouldn't want the pages of your dictionary getting stuck together. :eek:

Ban Request for myself on the forum!!!!

Soup Dragon
06-11-2009, 11:53
floodlights at Stourport FC - isnt that the fans getting their lighters out?

Yes, young mr A and OB (in a pompous kind of peering over glasses way). B****cks is a recognised shorthand, rather like in medieval Latin documents (Latin was still used up until 1733, despite Henry IV turning court language from French to English c1400), where 'Ye' would take the place of 'The', ot 'Yat' for 'That'. Now, hoping you have forgot the original point of this reply, i would like to say how nice it is to see Conrad and Dave on the Google search engine homepage - have a look:muppet::muppet:

phew, got away with that - history, as relevant today as ever, for boring you out of a tight spot!

Dave M
06-11-2009, 12:05
Ban Request for myself on the forum!!!!

That can be arranged

i would like to say how nice it is to see Conrad and Dave on the Google search engine homepage - have a look:muppet::muppet:

Ah hadn't seen that. Fame at last! :muppet:

Conrad
06-11-2009, 12:08
phew, got away with that - history, as relevant today as ever, for boring you out of a tight spot!

I used to work for Yellow Pages (well Squawking Rages actually) as a student job and it would amuse us no end that if you typed 'Well Boring' into the business type field it would auto-change it to 'Civil Engineers'. I am now realising that 'Boring' would have auto-changed to 'Historians'

Conrad
06-11-2009, 12:10
Ah hadn't seen that. Fame at last! :muppet:

Eeeeeeeeeeeek Terrorist (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/1594600.stm). :eek:

Sorry, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much Caffeine this morning.

arwkrite
06-11-2009, 12:40
"To corrupt a Red Dwarf joke, I will suggest you stick to entering another consenting adult, you wouldn't want the pages of your dictionary getting stuck together"....Conrad Quote.

I would never have had the brass orbs to write that.And whats this another consenting adult....I'll have to go away and think about that.

Soups ,I heard a nice bit of latin last night but it killed the party atmosphere on the ward .

Plenty of Firework parties tonight so the footie should have lots of illumination.

Soup Dragon
06-11-2009, 12:46
[QUOTE=arwkrite;2320 I heard a nice bit of latin last night but it killed the party atmosphere on the ward .

I dare not ask...... but i always loved the background signs in Up Pompeii - non spittatum omnibus - class

Plenty of Firework parties tonight so the footie should have lots of illumination.

[/QUOTE]

Unlike the skill of the players!

Conrad
06-11-2009, 12:54
I would never have had the brass orbs to write that.And whats this another consenting adult....I'll have to go away and think about that.

Sorry Arwkrite, I just couldn't resist it, it your comment just vividly bought to mind this sketch:
v2u_DVkK1Rc

I promise to temper my very bad sense of humour in future though. :o

Oggwyn Trench
07-11-2009, 10:24
All this Latin is above me , though after 25 years of drinking in pubs where the main entertainment is conversation i have an A level in talking B**locks.
I can speak a little Greek a favorite line is
Oreoes peponi e kiria

Eddie86
07-11-2009, 11:11
Conrad your such a smeg head!

Conrad
07-11-2009, 12:56
Conrad your such a smeg head!
Truer words were never spoken. :)

I look forward to the White Hole thread, every good forum should have one.

arwkrite
09-11-2009, 10:12
Seeing as no one else is going to ask I will.

What is a White Hole Thread ? Why should this forum have such a thread ?

Now why do I get this feeling I should not have asked ?

Its Monday Morning and the roof has not yet fallen in but give it time.

Conrad
09-11-2009, 11:28
What is a White Hole Thread ? Why should this forum have such a thread ?
Sorry Ark, you have just opened a can of worms that could be going for some time. It was me referencing another Red Dwarf sketch that many fans of the series will be able to quote.

Basically it relates to the fact that 'Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole sucks time and matter out of the Universe; a white hole returns it.'

On this premise they do a series of very bad jokes relating to discontinuity.

oldboots
09-11-2009, 11:31
I believe it is a reference to the amusing TV show Red Dwarf (series IV programme 4), in which our curry loving hero from the Aigburgh Arms, Liverpool, does the flukiest pool shot ever with a planet.

Bread based snack anyone?

On the other hand it could just be something boring about astrophysics (reverse of a Black Hole),

toast? waffles? toasted teacake perhaps?

Could we have a talky toaster icon?

My coat is already on

Soup Dragon
09-11-2009, 11:34
i still want an Eddie Bell icon

OB, do you like the circus?

oldboots
09-11-2009, 11:39
i still want an Eddie Bell icon

OB, do you like the circus?

Who is Eddie Bell?

Circus? Only Monty Python's Flying one :)

Soup Dragon
09-11-2009, 11:41
Who is Eddie Bell?

Circus? Only Monty Python's Flying one :)

aaaahhhhhhhhhhh - Early Doors, OB - have you not watched it?

Conrad hadn't seen it, until i got him to guy the DVDs for a few quid
I am still awaiting his overall verdict:)

oldboots
09-11-2009, 11:55
No I got stuck at the traffic lights by the new roadworks, I had to come round by the .....

OH THAT Eddie Bell, I thought you meant the one on Wikipedia

I have both series on DVD :D:D:D:D

Soup Dragon
09-11-2009, 11:59
No I got stuck at the traffic lights by the new roadworks, I had to come round by the .....

OH THAT Eddie Bell, I thought you meant the one on Wikipedia

I have both series on DVD :D:D:D:D

Quality, OB - how could i have doubted you?

Eddie86
09-11-2009, 15:01
Sorry Ark, you have just opened a can of worms that could be going for some time. It was me referencing another Red Dwarf sketch that many fans of the series will be able to quote.

Basically it relates to the fact that 'Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole sucks time and matter out of the Universe; a white hole returns it.'

On this premise they do a series of very bad jokes relating to discontinuity.

One of my friends has an unfortunate experience at university with a girl who followed this philosophy. He never drank rum again...

Conrad
09-11-2009, 15:47
One of my friends has an unfortunate experience at university with a girl who followed this philosophy. He never drank rum again...
I'm hoping this is us experiencing the end of the conversation before the middle otherwise I am confused.

Either that or you meant to post this in the logo thread in which case I just don't want to know ;).

arwkrite
10-11-2009, 05:56
Confusing? Yeah.
Never mind I should have some medication somewhere.

Soup Dragon
10-11-2009, 17:20
Mr A - do you sleep?

You are always leaving comments at 5AM - some parties you have, Sir!

arwkrite
10-11-2009, 22:49
Soups P.M. sent.
While you all sleep the sleep of the Just I stand guard in those perilous hours just before dawn. Only me and the sparrows whose early morning coughs wake up the blackbirds.Trouble is by 9 am I am knackered.:DI can write this rubbish by the yard you know.

Conrad
11-11-2009, 12:47
I am jealous, I love watching the bird life. No sparrows for me, but it looks like we have Blue Tits, Magpies and Blackbirds visiting at the moment.

That and the local moggies, I think it is a prerequisite you own a cat to live on my street, I live in fear I may soon be evicted for my current feline hatred.

Conrad
11-11-2009, 12:51
Conrad hadn't seen it, until i got him to guy the DVDs for a few quid
I am still awaiting his overall verdict:)
Still only 2 episodes in, I will watch them all, but I suffer from cringing too much when it is on and need my wife around to hold my hand as I watch it. I suffer similarly with the Office.

Eddie86
11-11-2009, 13:45
Apparently there are blue tits all over nudist beaches this time of year :eek:

Conrad
11-11-2009, 13:56
We can't see those out of the window, maybe I am using the wrong sort of feed.

Oggwyn Trench
11-11-2009, 14:01
Apparently there are blue tits all over nudist beaches this time of year :eek:
I occasionally have to deliver to a naturist club , the sights i`ve seen :eek:

arwkrite
11-11-2009, 23:05
What sort of thread should we start next Birdwatching or Naturism ? There appears to be interest in both. Conrad if you put out some fried bacon out in a morning the smell may lure some nearby nudists into your garden. They would have to be quick at my place. We have a gi-normouse wood pigeon that kicks cats just for fun or to see how far they can fly .:)

Conrad
12-11-2009, 10:41
What sort of thread should we start next Birdwatching or Naturism ? There appears to be interest in both. Conrad if you put out some fried bacon out in a morning the smell may lure some nearby nudists into your garden. They would have to be quick at my place. We have a gi-normouse wood pigeon that kicks cats just for fun or to see how far they can fly .:)
Sounds like a waste of good bacon to me! That wood pigeon could be on its way to being my hero, the magpies occasionally decide to tease the cats from on high, but no kung-fu involved.

Eddie86
12-11-2009, 10:56
I can't wait to see what type of people are attracted to Blue-Tits-Galore

I've got a lovely mental image of the logo bit in the top right of the screen for it...
:eek::glass::D

Conrad
12-11-2009, 11:00
Well at least the colour scheme should be fairly easy to work out.

arwkrite
12-11-2009, 11:55
Here is a couple to start with.....I had to bin the others.

Soup Dragon
12-11-2009, 12:40
Thank God nobody has progressed to Great Tits yet