PDA

View Full Version : Star Brewery

gillhalfpint
30-01-2011, 09:55
Had a beer in the Anchor, Birmingham from Star Brewery, and cannot find any trace of it.

Someone said it was the old Bazens Brewery and now located at the Star in Salford.

Does anyone have info on this one please?

ROBCamra
30-01-2011, 12:07
Had a beer in the Anchor, Birmingham from Star Brewery, and cannot find any trace of it.

Someone said it was the old Bazens Brewery and now located at the Star in Salford.

Does anyone have info on this one please?

Richard & Jude Bazen have closed Bazens' brewery and Richard is now brewing at The Star in Salford.

I had a couple of pints of his Half Moon Bitter in Corbieres on Thursday.

Not unsurprisingly it tasted like Bazens' Flatbac. :p

Jules67
16-05-2011, 16:25
Hi,
Yes it is true and there are some cracking brews available ,hard to get hold of,best bet try the pub.
They are no longer Bazens but luckily for all us bazens fans they are called STAR BREWERY and the brews are brewed
just as Bazens beer if not a tad bit better.If you are lucky enough to come across one of their Brews[Changing on a regular basis]Have a Pint or three , well worth it .
I started getting their Beers just before Christmas gone after a long search for Bazens [they just seemed to disintegrate
of the face of the earth]i am still getting their Beers as often as poss`.Secret Squirrel says give the pub a ring[the star].