PDA

View Full Version : Visited every pub in Town/Cities

hopwas
03-11-2009, 17:35
I done Tamworth, Derby, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham City Centre and Atherstone

One more pub for complete list of Lichfield and 2 more for Nuneaton.

how about you lot?

arwkrite
03-11-2009, 22:51
I have done all 6 in Bromyard. OK so it aint very big but I have done all of 'em.:D

oldboots
04-11-2009, 08:37
This is harder than the county question because pubs and bars are always opening and closing or renaming. Generally I've drunk in every pub in the towns I've lived in for any length of time, purely in the interests of research you understand. So that's Ripon, Romsey, Hatfield, Basingstoke, plus most in Lambeth, St Albans, and central Southampton. I will also have done most if not all the nearby villages and a good selection of those in nearby towns. Work takes me away to exotic places like .......Liverpool :p so I'll try and do a few when that happens. I don't think there are many in Liverpool city centre (L1 and L2) I haven't used.

Being an old bloke I tend to go for quality over quantity these days so unless its research for PG I go to pubs recommended in one way or another - friends, review sites, GBG etc.

My current project is to drink in every North Yorkshire pub in the 2009 GBG, which is nearly done then I'll start on this years :D

Soup Dragon
04-11-2009, 09:48
It is also difficult, as there are so many places that you wouldnt do as they are aimed at the younger market, or you need to be well known to get through the door!

Burntwood and Bloxwich are two places i have done, though not all in the time of rating for PG, probably Lichfield as well, swathes of Brum, York, Chester

Farway
04-11-2009, 13:42
Not been in all in Pompey, no one could and still be alive, but I have photographed them all

Oggwyn Trench
04-11-2009, 21:28
Have done 99% of Telford but they keep moving the boundaries so little villages in the middle of nowhere suddenly find they are part of the new town , done most of Shrewsbury including the delights of the Comet and the Canal Tavern which would do any innercity slum proud .

Delboy20
05-11-2009, 20:41
I done Tamworth, Derby, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham City Centre and Atherstone

One more pub for complete list of Lichfield and 2 more for Nuneaton.

how about you lot?

Hi Hopwas,

Just a quick question mate - Where would you say Brum city centre stretches to ? I am working my way round Brum but I still have a long way to go !!

Cheers,

Del.

hopwas
06-11-2009, 10:00
Hi Hopwas,

Just a quick question mate - Where would you say Brum city centre stretches to ? I am working my way round Brum but I still have a long way to go !!

Cheers,

Del.

Hi Del,

Glad to help you..

Birmingham City covers..

Ladywood
Digbeth
Jewellery Quarter
Five Ways
Gun Quarter
Parts of Aston (Birmingham University area)
Deritend
and City Centre itself (including Broad St, NIA etc)

Soup Dragon
06-11-2009, 10:40
Hi Hopwas,

Cheers,

Del.

As a brummie myself - are you thinking of the City Centre - if so, i always think it is within the inner ring roads (Gt Charles St, Bristol St etc)

hopwas
06-11-2009, 10:43
As a brummie myself - are you thinking of the City Centre - if so, i always think it is within the inner ring roads (Gt Charles St, Bristol St etc)

As a Sutton Coldfield born myself (:D to soup dragon)

Yes you are correct.. it is A450 ring road which circles City Centre.

More information here.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A4540_road

hopwas
18-11-2009, 09:27
[QUOTE=hopwas;2220]I done Tamworth, Derby, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham City Centre and Atherstone

One more pub for complete list of Lichfield and 2 more for Nuneaton.[QUOTE]

I can happily say I completed visting every pub in Lichfield. Stepped in The Anchor, Streetray at 12.35pm yesterday. Took me 7 years! :glass:

Now for Nuneaton..