PDA

View Full Version : Greene King really does care.

arwkrite
29-10-2009, 09:46
I can already hear the hackles rising.

Over the past few years me and the Mrs have come to appreciate the facilities that Greene King and some other large pub owners have installed for disabled customers. Being the carer for a wheelchair bound person , as I have said before, gives me a different insight as to pub reviews.Modern pubs give us the space to maneuverer when not overstuffed with furniture or people. However it is possible for gremlins to get in the works and cause problems which happened at one of our regular GK pubs.

My Mrs is now full time W/chair bound and we realized the positioning of games machines and dining furniture caused access problems to the disabled toilet. Not only did it cause distress to my Mrs but also interrupted diners and gamers. Thinking it was probably a corporate design of the layout rather than the managers choice I wrote direct to GK.

Today I recieved a letter from Glynn Ford, Business Developement Manager at GK about the actions and alterations to be made so access to the disabled toilet is unobstructed. So you see if you have a real complaint they will listen. Thank You to all at GK for this successfull conclusion.

I would also appeal to all Licencees to take a look at you public areas and see if the disabled are obstructed in any access. It is always stressfull for a wheelchair user in public places. If you help make their stay a relaxing experiance it will be remembered and talked about. I find many are out and about during the quieter times of the day so not to cause problems in crowds.

Soup Dragon
29-10-2009, 17:11
I can already hear the hackles rising.

Over the past few years me and the Mrs have come to appreciate the facilities that Greene King and some other large pub owners have installed for disabled customers. Being the carer for a wheelchair bound person , as I have said before, gives me a different insight as to pub reviews.Modern pubs give us the space to maneuverer when not overstuffed with furniture or people. However it is possible for gremlins to get in the works and cause problems which happened at one of our regular GK pubs.

My Mrs is now full time W/chair bound and we realized the positioning of games machines and dining furniture caused access problems to the disabled toilet. Not only did it cause distress to my Mrs but also interrupted diners and gamers. Thinking it was probably a corporate design of the layout rather than the managers choice I wrote direct to GK.

Today I recieved a letter from Glynn Ford, Business Developement Manager at GK about the actions and alterations to be made so access to the disabled toilet is unobstructed. So you see if you have a real complaint they will listen. Thank You to all at GK for this successfull conclusion.

I would also appeal to all Licencees to take a look at you public areas and see if the disabled are obstructed in any access. It is always stressfull for a wheelchair user in public places. If you help make their stay a relaxing experiance it will be remembered and talked about. I find many are out and about during the quieter times of the day so not to cause problems in crowds.

Mr A, GK are not the best at beer, as far as i am concerned, but bang on - that is customer service. Sorry to hear about Mrs A, and i do hope we get to meet up for a beer soon

Conrad
29-10-2009, 17:26
Everytime you mention the disabled toilets I am reminded of a pub in Bristol where we used to go for lunchtime drinks from one of my old jobs, they had a disabled toilet opposite the bar and the normal toilet were upstairs, round the hall, and overlooked by the opposite building. It fails in every way you have ever suggested, narrow entrance to pub, fruit machine in front of doorway and table opposite that, plus every able bodied person would use it rather than launch the sherpa expedition to the other toilet. It makes me embarassed to remember it :(.

Anyway one of the sad bits about this site is how many negative reviews we get, people want to sign up to give negative reviews but are rarely motivated to give the positive ones (excepting the dedicated reviewer), it should be far more recognised when people get it right. So good on you for mentioning it.