PDA

View Full Version : Nicholsons Beer Festival

RogerB
28-12-2010, 08:58
It would appear that Nicholsons are having a Beer Fest between 20 & 30 January - 40 ales although the web page doesn't yet list them. I detect a 'Spoons style "do 'em all" challenge coming up.

http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/offer/beerfestival2010/

Alesonly
28-12-2010, 11:32
Yes I see that Advertised in the latest London Drinker along with the 21st Battersea Beer Festival which is on from Wed 9th too Fri 11th of Feb.
Thats Nice it just happens to be my week off for working over Christmas & New Year. :D

Bucking Fastard
04-01-2011, 09:44
It would appear that Nicholsons are having a Beer Fest between 20 & 30 January - 40 ales although the web page doesn't yet list them. I detect a 'Spoons style "do 'em all" challenge coming up.

http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/offer/beerfestival2010/

Thanks for the heads up.The Nicholsons chain does seem to have made a big effort in the last year to improve the ale experience at their pubs ,or have I just been lucky at the Falcon ,Clapham Junction ? Anyway I will gladly sign up for this beer festival at the end of the month.

aleandhearty
04-01-2011, 12:34
There are three Nicholsons Pubs in Leeds: The Palace, The Victoria and The Scarbrough. Will definitely pop into at least one of them, if I'm in the centre. Cheers.

gillhalfpint
04-01-2011, 12:59
Had a look for Birmingham outlets, and Bacchus, Old Contemptables and Shakespeare - Lower Temple St listed.

ROBCamra
04-01-2011, 14:25
There's only 2 in Manchester and they are the useless Bank and the hopeless Old Wellington.

It's hard enough to get a beer in either of them at the best of times as the staff are pathetic. :moremad:

rpadam
17-01-2011, 19:26
Just found this flyer which illustrates the 40 offerings in the forthcoming Nicholson's Beer Festival:

http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/pdf/nicholsons-caskalefestivaljan2011.pdf

Alesonly
17-01-2011, 21:35
Just found this flyer which illustrates the 40 offerings in the forthcoming Nicholson's Beer Festival:

http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/pdf/nicholsons-caskalefestivaljan2011.pdf

Yes theres definitely some decent beers there worth seeking out if I get time next week as I'm off work for a few days owing.

RogerB
18-01-2011, 08:50
There's a few that have been part of their recent pool of guests but still plenty of tempting chioces. Anyone of us suvverners fancy a City/West End Ale Trail next week (Tues or Weds evening)

http://www.londonaletrail.co.uk/

Bucking Fastard
18-01-2011, 09:34
There's a few that have been part of their recent pool of guests but still plenty of tempting chioces. Anyone of us suvverners fancy a City/West End Ale Trail next week (Tues or Weds evening)

Roger,I could get down next Wednesday evening but not Tuesday.Any trail sounds good.

Alesonly
18-01-2011, 10:51

Yes I can do next Wednesday as well as Im off Weds & Thursday.

RogerB
18-01-2011, 11:09
OK - Looks like Weds is the popular choice. I quite fancy a nice stroll along the Pool of London route - a few pubs here that I haven't done for some time...

http://www.londonaletrail.co.uk/images/trails/londonbridgetotowerbridgeMap.gif

trainman
18-01-2011, 11:18
You may want to keep within the Nicholsons theme, but beware the (lack of) quality in the Mudlark.

RogerB
18-01-2011, 11:31
I've done the Mudlark fairly recently and had no problems. Its the queue to be served in the Old Thameside that would scare me!

aleandhearty
18-01-2011, 13:05
Certainly some good beers on the list. I tried the Cornish Stout just before Christmas and was very impressed - very nearly a BOTW.

Bucking Fastard
19-01-2011, 14:27
OK - Looks like Weds is the popular choice. I quite fancy a nice stroll along the Pool of London route - a few pubs here that I haven't done for some time...

http://www.londonaletrail.co.uk/images/trails/londonbridgetotowerbridgeMap.gif

Roger and Alesonly,
That looks a good trail,lots of new ones for me.What time and at which pub would you like to KO,I am very flexible on time next Wednesday, afternoon onwards.I will circulate the details to some non PuG members (misguided fools;) ) who might like to join in,if thats OK.

RogerB
19-01-2011, 14:48
I would suggest that as the No 1 (Old Thameside) is generally dreadful for service and we are likely to be at the start for a couple of pints while people arrive, we start at No 7 (The Ship) and work our way around clockwise. No 6 (Red Lion) and 5 (Walrus & Carpetner) aren't that far away so it's not that far for any latecomers to catch up. I have a couple of friends who drink around Cannon Street so they may join in at some stage but I haven't spoken to them about it yet.

There is a bit of a gap between No's 4 (Crutched Friars) & 3 (Hornimans) but there is a half decent 'Spoons (Pommelers Rest) at the Southern end of Tower Bridge that we can use to plug the gap!

As for time, I generally leave work around 4pm so can be at the start by 4.30pm without too much of a problem but I'm quite flexible if anyone wants to start later.

Alesonly
19-01-2011, 17:41
:) Hi Roger B On the map it looks too me like The Red Lion is No7 and No 6 is the Ship or am I mistaken. I can be at either one by around 17:30 to 18:00 No problem. let me know which one.

Gann
19-01-2011, 20:20
Hi Rog,

Very interested but it's a busy one workwise for me next week so may be difficult. I'll let you know nearer the time when it will be clearer if I'm going to have to enjoy the delights of BA and T5 again, or at least have something drinkable with you guys...

RogerB
20-01-2011, 08:24
:) Hi Roger B On the map it looks too me like The Red Lion is No7 and No 6 is the Ship or am I mistaken. I can be at either one by around 17:30 to 18:00 No problem. let me know which one.

You're right - the Red Lion in No 7, the Ship is 6.

I've just noticed that there are 2 more pubs that are part of the Blackfriars trail which could easily be linked in - Ye Olde Watling and Williamsons Tavern. If any early birds want to add a couple more to the pile, I don't mind starting at Ye Olde Watling at around 4.30 and then do Williamsons. It is only a few minutes walk to the Red Lion and we should be there by half fivish for the "official" start.

That would make the itinery Ye Old Watling, Williamsons, Red Lion, Ship, Walrus & Carpenter, Crutched Friar, Pommelers Rest, Hornimans, Mudlark and Old Thameside. The good thing is that the pubs are all in close proximioty to the tube so anyone wanting to join or leave anywhere along the route can do so with relative ease. If anyone wants my mobile so they can keep tabs, please PM me.

Bucking Fastard
20-01-2011, 10:05
You're right - the Red Lion in No 7, the Ship is 6.

I've just noticed that there are 2 more pubs that are part of the Blackfriars trail which could easily be linked in - Ye Olde Watling and Williamsons Tavern. If any early birds want to add a couple more to the pile, I don't mind starting at Ye Olde Watling at around 4.30 and then do Williamsons. It is only a few minutes walk to the Red Lion and we should be there by half fivish for the "official" start.

That would make the itinery Ye Old Watling, Williamsons, Red Lion, Ship, Walrus & Carpenter, Crutched Friar, Pommelers Rest, Hornimans, Mudlark and Old Thameside. The good thing is that the pubs are all in close proximioty to the tube so anyone wanting to join or leave anywhere along the route can do so with relative ease. If anyone wants my mobile so they can keep tabs, please PM me.

Roger,I'll be in Ye Old Watling at 4.30,and I'll have to downgrade to halves later in the tour due to my lightweight status.The Red Lion (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23491/) is marked as closed,is this correct ?

RogerB
20-01-2011, 10:21
The Red Lion (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23491/) is marked as closed,is this correct ?

Yes - apparently closed about 18 months ago but they seem to have forgotten to take it off the map! Bit of a bummer but shouldn't hold us back too much!

HTM69
21-01-2011, 09:38
Hi everyone, Wednesday should be OK for me - if anyone doesn't mind a stranger tagging along, that is!

Rex_Rattus
21-01-2011, 10:02
Sounds like a great jaunt. Unfortunately I can't make it as I am currently existing on a diet of sunshine, stir-fry and Singha, but have my PuG T-shirt with me and will wear it on Wednesday and will be with you in spirit!

Maldenman
21-01-2011, 21:01
I'm currently on call so sans bier unfortunately (moans quietly) but finish on Tuesday so if I can escape I'll try and join in at some stage.

RogerB
24-01-2011, 10:07
I have noticed that the maps on tghe website date from 2007 and there a couple of pubs that are no longer part of the portfolio (the Red Lion in St James is now a Fullers but still shows on the Ale Trail map). I picked up a leaflet on Friday which is a bit more up to date and all the other destination pubs for Weds are still valid.

Alesonly
24-01-2011, 10:20
Hi all Which Pub will you all be Meeting up in around 17:30 too 18:00 Is it still the Ship That I have listed below Just too make it easy for everyone too find. :D
The Ship

11 Talbot Court
London
EC3V 0BP
Tel: XXXX-XXX-XXXX
Nearest Tube: Monument

Or is it the Red Lion listed below.
Address:

8 Lombard Court
London
EC3V 9BJ
Tel: XXX XXXX XXXX
Nearest Tube:Monument

RogerB
24-01-2011, 10:37
The Red Lion is closed so that should answer the question!

The rough schedule as I see it is that I will be meeting Mr Fastard + companion(s) in Ye Olde Watling at 4.30 and then pop round the corner to Williamsons Tavern presumably around 5'ish. Should get to the Ship for 5.30/5.45 where I would think most people will gather. I have a couple of friends who may join us at this stage. Next stop is the Walrus and Carpenter which I would imagine we will get to around 6.30ish. After that it depends how quickly people can walk/drink/stagger.

I would suggest that anyone who can't be at the Ship by 6pm should print out a map and if necessary, take my mobile number to find out which pub we are in.

Alesonly
24-01-2011, 10:52
The Red Lion is closed so that should answer the question!

I would suggest that anyone who can't be at the Ship by 6pm should print out a map and if necessary, take my mobile number to find out which pub we are in.

Many thanks I will see you all in the Ship around 17:30.

P/s Dose anyone Know if they still do the T Shirt Offer When you visit Five Pubs for Five Pints on the Ale trail.

rpadam
24-01-2011, 19:04
I have a meeting to go to after work but will try to get to the Ship for a quick one if I can...

RogerB
24-01-2011, 19:52
P/s Dose anyone Know if they still do the T Shirt Offer When you visit Five Pubs for Five Pints on the Ale trail.

According to the leaflet I picked up on Friday they do.

RogerB
24-01-2011, 19:53
I have a meeting to go to after work but will try to get to the Ship for a quick one if I can...

I bet he has two.

HTM69
26-01-2011, 09:35
After a weekend of serious drinking and partying, I am currently going through a major alcohol detox, so will sadly have to withdraw from this meet-up. I've reall enjoyed he couple of get-together's that I have been present at, but right now beer is the last thing I need. :(

Pubsignman
26-01-2011, 10:28
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out tonight. I'm in the process of moving house at the moment, so it's going to be a bit of a quiet period for me on the pub front.
Hope you all have a good night out.

PSM

RogerB
26-01-2011, 10:33
Well I had a practice session last night with 5 Greenwich pubs and a Tilbrook gig in Charlton so I feel in peak condition.

Alesonly
26-01-2011, 11:42
Sadly the Two other Mates what were going too join me Alan & Shaun will not be there after lasts nights sessions something about being beered out as we left the New Crown last night. :whistle:
But I will be there around 5:30pm in the Ship be in a Black Leather Jacket Black Trousers White shirt Dark Blue jumper.:drinkup:

RogerB
26-01-2011, 11:51
My mate has jumped ship also citing flu but I'll be there as per previous itinery!

Bucking Fastard
26-01-2011, 12:21
I'll be also sticking to the previous itinery,with possibly 3 friends joining the crawl around 7.30pm.Train arrives in Liverpool St around 4pm,so should be in Ye Old Watling by 4.30 ,East Anglian trains willing.

trainman
26-01-2011, 14:29
Pecuniary circumstances sadly preclude my attendance, but I hope those who make it have a splendid evening's imbibing.

RogerB
26-01-2011, 14:48
Did anyone mention umbrellas? :eek:

Alesonly
27-01-2011, 08:50
Yes it was a good evening last night when we Finished in The Mudlark I went back across the bridge too The Ship for one and then on the train too East Finchley where I managed to get in the white Lion for two more before closing time. :whistle:It was good too see a few people and put names too faces. It would nice to make it summer evening Crawl of that route one day. All the best too everyone hope you enjoyed it.
I will be out again tonight but with the wife this time so less beers more eating tonight will still have a few though. :(

RogerB
27-01-2011, 08:58
Was I there? I can't remember. :whistle:

Alesonly
27-01-2011, 09:06
Was I there? I can't remember. :whistle:

Hi Roger Yes you were enjoying it. Did you go on too The Old Thameside Inn after I left as I went back too the Ship as its nearest the Station.

Bucking Fastard
27-01-2011, 09:33
when we Finished in The Mudlark I went back across the bridge too The Ship for one and then on the train too East Finchley where I managed to get in the white Lion for two more before closing time. :whistle:(:notworthy:

I was pleased just to get back to Liverpool Street without weaving ,and then stay awake on the train home.;)

It was a very good evening and most of the Nicholsons had a few of the festival ales available.I think I managed five pints and two halves from the festival list plus another pint and a half where there were no festival beers,and that was me full up.:nishelypished:

Looking forward to any other PuG meets ups,despite the rather slow morning.

RogerB
27-01-2011, 09:57
A very enjoyable stroll and a plenty of decent pints thrown in for good measure. Nice to have a few guest appearances along the way as well. The rain kept away and no-one managed to fall in the river. The Mudlark was my last port of call (anyone know what we drank in there - I didn't make a note!). From my previous experiences at the Old Thameside, we'd still be waiting to be served had we ventured that far.

Alesonly
27-01-2011, 10:09
I think I had the Thornbridge Brock & the other Ale on offer was Hark But I don't remember what any one else had. I then had a Pint of Incubus in the ship on the way back too the station.

Bucking Fastard
27-01-2011, 10:20
The Mudlark was my last port of call (anyone know what we drank in there - I didn't make a note!).

Well I was on the halves by then but exact recollection is tricky,mine might have been Copper Dragon Challenger IPA if that's any help.Now on my third coffee of the morning.

RogerB
27-01-2011, 11:03
I thought it was the Copper Dragon. I was trying to have a different pint in each pub so I sucessfully managed it.

Alesonly
27-01-2011, 11:39
I have just downloaded the Nicklsons Pubs Satellite POI onto my Tom Tom Sate Nave that will make it easer too find the nearest Pub as it gives precise location and directions from where you are. Would have been useful last night.:)
P/s According too the latest update November 2010 theres 79 Pubs in the Nicholsons chain. I did not relise there was 79 Pubs.

rpadam
27-01-2011, 18:11
I bet he has two.
Good call!

RogerB
27-01-2011, 18:28
Just thought - somewhere along the line we forgot to keep getting the stamps on our card for a free pint!

rpadam
27-01-2011, 19:25
Just thought - somewhere along the line we forgot to keep getting the stamps on our card for a free pint!
Not all of us (sent from a Nicholsons pub in central London)...

Alesonly
27-01-2011, 19:57
Not all of us (sent from a Nicholsons pub in central London)...

Lucky sod lm stuck ln a Wetherspoons in southgate drinking Double Stout.:drinkup:

RogerB
28-01-2011, 11:40
Well I think I have fathomed out why the Crutched Friars didn't have any Festival beers this week - it is no longer a Nicholsons! It was sold to the Stonegate Pub Compnay about 3 months ago along with about 300 Mitchell & Butler pubs. Me thinks the Nicholsons website needs a bit of an overhaul!

Alesonly
28-01-2011, 11:49
Below is latest update on sat nav still out of date though Who wants too check there all on the Web site.

Bacchus Bar in BirminghamBurlington Arcade, New Street, Birmingham, B2 4JH
De Hems Dutch Cafe Bar in Soho London11 Macclesfield Street, London, W1D 5BW
Deacon Brodies Tavern in Royal Mile Edinburgh435 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2NT
Doggetts Coat and Badge in South Bank, London1 Blackfriars Bridge, London, SE1 9UD
Harkers in Saint Helens Square York1 St. Helens Square, York, YO1 8QN
The Argyll Arms in Oxford Circus London18 Argyll Street, London, W1F 7TP
Bank in Manchester57 Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3FF
The Bear and Staff in Leicester Square London10-12 Bear Street, London, WC2H 7AX
The Black Bull in YarmHigh Street, Yarm, TS15 9BH
The Blackfriar in Blackfriars London174 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4V 4EG
The Cambridge in Cambridge Circus London93 Charing Cross Rd, London, WC2H 0DP
The Carpenters Arms in Windsor4 Market Street, Windsor, SL4 1PB
The Chequers in Oxford131 High Street, Oxford, OX1 4DH
The Clachan in Kingly Street London34 Kingly Street, London, W1B 5QH
The Clarence in Mayfair London4 Dover Street, London, W1S 4LB
The Coal Hole in Strand London91-92 Strand, London, WC2R 0DW
The Conan Doyle in Edinburgh71-73 York Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3JD0
The Crooked Billet in Leigh-on-sea51 High Street, Leigh-On-Sea, SS9 2EP
The Crown in Brewer Street London64 Brewer Street, London, W1F 9TP
The Crown in Oxford59a Cornmarket Street, Oxford, OX1 3HB
The Crown Liquor Salon in Belfast46 Great Victoria Street, Belfast, BT2 7BA
The Crutched Friar in Fenchurch Street London39-41 Crutched Friars, London, EC3N 2AE
The Dog and Duck in Soho London18 Bateman Street, London, W1D 3A
The Drum and Monkey in Vincent Street Glasgow91 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5TF
The Eagle and Child in Oxford49 St. Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LU
The Elephant and Castle in Kensington London40 Holland Street, London, W8 4LT
The Falcon in Clapham Junction London2 St. Johns Hill, London, SW11 1RU
The Feathers in Westminster London18-20 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BH
The Globe in Moorgate London83 Moorgate, London, EC2M 6SA
The Granary in Shawlands Glasgow10 Kilmarnock Road, Glasgow, G41 3NH
The Green Dragon in Beverley Hull51 Saturday Market, Beverley, HU17 8AA
The Greyfriars Bobbys Bar in Candlemaker Row Edinburgh30-34 Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh, EH1 2QE
The Henry Addington in Canary Wharf London22-28 Mackenzie Walk, London, E14 4PH
The Hoop and Grapes in Aldgate London47 Aldgate High Street, London, EC3N 1AL
The Horniman at Hays in London BridgeUnit 26 Hays Galleria, London, SE1 2HD
The Kenilworth in Rose Street Edinburgh152-154 Rose Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3JD
The Kings Head in Mayfair London10 Stafford Street, London, W1S 4RX
The Last Drop in Grassmarket Edinburgh74-78 Grassmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2JR
The Leinster Arms in Bayswater London17 Leinster Terrace, London, W2 3EU
The Lord Aberconway in Liverpool Street London72 Old Broad Street, London, EC2M 1QT
The Magpie in Bishopsgate London12 New Street, London, EC2M 4TP
The Marquis of Granby in Rathbone Street London2 Rathbone Street, London, W1T 1NR
The Marquis of Granby in Westminster London41 Romney Street, London, SW1P 3RF
The Mitre in Cambridge17 Bridge Street, Cambridge, CB2 1UF
The Mitre Bar in Royal Mile Edinburgh131-133 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1SG
The Mudlark in London BridgeMontague Close, London, SE1 9DA
The Old Bell Tavern in Fleet Street London95 Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 1DH
The Old Buttermarket in Canterbury39 Burgate, Canterbury, CT1 2HW
The Old Contemptibles in Edmund Street Birmingham176 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2HB
The Old Thameside Inn in London BridgePickfords Wharf, Clink St, London, SE1 9DG
The Old Wellington in Manchester4 Cathedral Gates, Manchester, M3 1SW
The Old White Swan in Goodramgate York80 Goodramgate, York, YO1 7LF
The Palace in Kirkgate LeedsKirkgate, Leeds, LS2 7DJ
The Philharmonic Dining Rooms in Liverpool36 Hope Street, Liverpool, L1 9BX
The Plough in Chelmsford28 Duke Street, Chelmsford, CM1 1HY
The Pontefract Castle in Wigmore Street London71 Wigmore Street, London, W1U 1QA
The Porcupine in Leicester Square London48 Charing Cross Road, London, WC2H 0BS
The Princess Of Wales in Charing Cross London27 Villiers Street, London, WC2N 6ND
The Pump House in Brighton46 Market Street, Brighton, BN1 1HH
The Punch Bowl in Stonegate York7 Stonegate, York, YO1 8AN
The Scarbrough Hotel in Bishopsgate Street LeedsBishopsgate Street, Leeds, LS1 5DY
The Sheep Heid Inn in Duddingston Edinburgh43-45 The Causeway, Edinburgh, EH15 3QA
The Ship in Talbot Court London11 Talbot Court, London, EC3V 0BP
The Sir Christopher Hatton in Hatton Garden London4 Leather Lane, London, EC1N 7RA
The St Georges Tavern in Victoria London14 Belgrave Road, London, SW1V 1QD
The Swan in Hammersmith London46 Hammersmith Broadway, London, W6 0DZ
The Three Greyhounds in Soho London25 Greek Street, London, W1D 5DD
The Three Pigeons in Guildford169 High Street, Guildford, GU1 3AJ
The Tottenham in Oxford Street London6 Oxford Street, London, W1D 1AN
The Victoria Hotel in Great George Street28 Great George Street, Leeds, LS1 3DL
The Walrus and The Carpenter in Monument London45 Monument Street, London, EC3R 8BU
The Wellington in Strand London351 Strand, London, WC2R 0HS
The White Hart in Bishopsgate London121 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3TH
The White Horse in Carnaby Street London16 Newburgh Street, London, W1F 7RY
The White Lion in Covent Garden London24 James Street, London, WC2E 8NS
The Williamsons Tavern in Groveland Court London1 Groveland Court, London, EC4M 9EH
The Woodins Shades in Bishopsgate London212 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 4PT
The York in Islington London82 Islington High Street, London, N1 8EQ
Ye Olde Watling in Watling Street London29 Watling Street, London, EC4M 9BR

RogerB
28-01-2011, 12:27
The Crutched Friar in Fenchurch Street London

RSS (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/thecrutchedfriarfenchurchstreetlondon/feeds/) A change at The Crutched Friar

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/scaleimage.php?img=images/news/news-stonegate.jpg&w=260
From now on, The Crutched Friar, Fenchurch Street London will no longer be a Nicholson's, but other than the badge above the door you won't notice much of a change as we will still be serving up the same great food, drink and atmosphere.
As we will no longer be part of the Nicholson's collection if you are a subscriber you have a couple of options...

Do nothing and we'll continue to send you great news and offers from Fenchurch Street London
Find your nearest alternative Nicholson's (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/nationalsearch/) and sign up for their email newsletter
You can do both of the above
Or unsubscribe via the link in our news and offers emails
Whichever option you choose to do you'll be guaranteed the usual great selection of drinks (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/thecrutchedfriarfenchurchstreetlondon/drink/), freshly prepared food favourites (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/thecrutchedfriarfenchurchstreetlondon/food/) and the relaxed conversation and socialising we've always been famous for.
A new name in pubs

The Crutched Friar is joining the newly formed Stonegate Pub Company (http://www.stonegatepubs.co.uk/), a collection of pubs, bars and restaurants. Stonegate Pub Company have exciting plans for their businesses, and if you choose to stay subscribed to our newsletter we'll keep you right up to date with developments.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

trainman
30-01-2011, 10:01
After an aborted meet at Crosse Keys, which had just 3 pumps serving (from 24), we started yesterday at White Hart (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/54129/), which had a fine choice across the pumps - Brewdog 5am Saint, Oakleaf Holehearted, Williams'(?) Seven Giraffes, Ascot Alligator, Doombar, TT Landlord, Pride, Thornbridge Wild Holly, all £3.25, our 3 all in great nick.

Next was Woodins Shades (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23453/), Hopdaemon Incubus, Brewdog Alphadog, Adnams Old, Pride, 7 Giraffes, White Horse Black Porter, TT Landlord, £3.25.

Churlish, when so close, not to nip over to Pride of Spitalfields (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/25345/) & some fine Brewers Gold.

Lord Aberconway (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/54122/) let the side down with just 3 of six pumps in action - Pride, Doombar, & Woodlands Midnight Stout. I queried the poor selection, referencing the festival, and was told (a lie) that 'it has finished'. Grudgingly, we stayed for halves.

On to The Globe (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23419/), which has changed greatly since I worked (in another lifetime) next door at Moor House. Pride, Landlord, Oakleaf Holehearted, Deuchars, Saltaire Triple Chocoholic.

I was hoping to make the Old Bell (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23507/), but it closes 18:00 (Sat) & time was against us.

The Nicholsons part of the tour was over and beers at Market Porter (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24205/), Charles Dickens (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/55722/), & Lord Clyde (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24259/), went unrecorded.

Bucking Fastard
30-01-2011, 15:33
I had another pop at the beer festival ale in The Falcon,Clapham Junction on Friday evening.As you might expect ,they were carrying a great number of the festival ales and the quality was top drawer.BrewDog 5am Saint,Saltaire Triple Chocoholic,Hopdaemon Incubus,ViciousIPA,White Shield (interesting cask version by the brewer of bottled WS) ,Lancaster Red and Camden Pale were all sampled ,with 5am Saint getting the nod as beer of the evening.

Only wish I had remembered my Nicholsons cask ale collectors card:muppet: