PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas ..... everyone !!!!!

Delboy20
24-12-2010, 18:29
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Hope that Santa brings you some nice presents.

I have had a nice couple of hours in the pub and I am now going to knock a hole in the beer in the fridge. :cheers::cheers:

RogerB
24-12-2010, 21:48
I've apparently been a bad boy this year so I don't expect too much present wise. I do however have a few bottles of beer, some quite pleasant wine, a healthy collection of DVD's and, weather permitting, some Boxing Day footy to keep me going through the festive period.

Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone aboard the good ship Pubs Galore.

Evil Gazebo
24-12-2010, 22:22
All the best to everyone. *glass raised*

Wittenden
24-12-2010, 22:31
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Hope that Santa brings you some nice presents.

I have had a nice couple of hours in the pub and I am now going to knock a hole in the beer in the fridge. :cheers::cheers:

Don't think we'll have too many pub opportunities until after Boxing Day,but an early present opening session this evening was very pleasant. My stepson is a genius-not only does he text me from the pub for beer advice, but he gave me a copy of'Man walks into the Pub'by Pete Brown.
My Dark star Imperial Stout was pretty damn good, too!
Happy Christmas!

aleandhearty
24-12-2010, 22:51
Going upstairs to bed now. V.tired, but sober(ish) amazingly. Would like to wish everyone Merry Christmas. Have a good one.

Quinno
24-12-2010, 22:56
I'm listening to the Xmas service on Radio 4 because I am middle-class and like the hymns, despite not being religious :pray:

Happy Xmas all, I'm glad to be back pub reviewing and hopefully I'll get a few more of the 350+ back catalogue up and posted over the holiday period (no work for me until the 4th!) :D

runningdog
25-12-2010, 01:27
Just waiting for Mrs rd to get home after what we both hope has been a profitable evening.
A Merry Christmas to one and all...........:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::):drinku p::glass:

HTM69
25-12-2010, 06:27
A very Merry Christmas to all my friends here on the Pubs Galore Forum.

Why I have been up since 6 a.m. on Christmas morning, I do not know!

Delboy20
25-12-2010, 08:11
:cheers:
A very Merry Christmas to all my friends here on the Pubs Galore Forum.

Why I have been up since 6 a.m. on Christmas morning, I do not know!

My daughter made sure I was up before 6. Great to see her excitement - I wouldn't miss it for the world, even with a slightly thick head !!

I am on my second glass of Bucks Fizz and it has woken me up a treat. Looking forward to taking my daughter up the pub for a family drink at 11

Cheers everyone:cheers::cheers:

oldboots
25-12-2010, 09:31
Just off to collect my aged mother, mother in law's already here:(, when I get back I will try to wear out the bottle opener :cheers::drinkup::nishelypished:

Merry Christmas one and all.

Rex_Rattus
25-12-2010, 10:34
Now time for the first snifter of the day. Cheers to you all! Or - Salud, Saluti, Skol, Gambai, Kampai, L'chaim etc, etc.

Maldenman
25-12-2010, 11:35
Leaving it late again I see Rex, happy Christmas to all on here. I'm unsure about Rex's choice of beers above, I was never a fan of Skol but I haven't tried the others.

Rex_Rattus
25-12-2010, 11:44
Leaving it late again I see Rex, happy Christmas to all on here. I'm unsure about Rex's choice of beers above, I was never a fan of Skol but I haven't tried the others.

Thanks for that MM - I had forgotten that Skol was a "beer". It was up there with Double Diamond, and you still them advertised on old bar backs. Thanks for reminding me!

Oggwyn Trench
25-12-2010, 12:01
Merry christmas to all , just going to start on the Leffe Blond i got for christmas (pity its not a leggy blonde):drinkup:

Skol £2 a pint in the Coalport , Oakengates no Double Diamond though or any decent beer at all

arwkrite
25-12-2010, 18:55
Back home from a day at the stepson's. Only had to cook the veg as he had cooked the turkey over night. Less said the better about the poor bird but we managed.
My Christmas present was what every Old Fart dreads ......A Mobile Phone. The salesmen said it was popular with old folk. I think he meant alot were sold for use by old folk, which is a totally different matter.
Did not drink much as I was on my best behavior so I am sober tonight. I hope you all had a good day and if you are going out take care .The roads and paths around here are extremely icy .

Paris_Hilton
25-12-2010, 19:25
Man walks into the Pub'by Pete Brown.

This book was a present last christmas, a terrific read, enjoy.:)

Just opened my first bottle of Sam Smith's Old Taddy Porter whilst Mrs Hilton settles in front of an hours of christmas 'entertainment' in the name of Eastenders:moremad:

Happy (whats left of) christmas one and all.

Alesonly
25-12-2010, 19:47
Back home from a day at the stepson's. Only had to cook the veg as he had cooked the turkey over night. Less said the better about the poor bird but we managed.
My Christmas present was what every Old Fart dreads ......A Mobile Phone. The salesmen said it was popular with old folk. I think he meant alot were sold for use by old folk, which is a totally different matter.
Did not drink much as I was on my best behavior so I am sober tonight. I hope you all had a good day and if you are going out take care .The roads and paths around here are extremely icy .

Oh well I'm glad im not the only sober one tonight. I'm on duty at 06:30 in the morning so no beer today.
Merry Christmas too all & everyone as well.

Strongers
25-12-2010, 19:50
Merry Christmas everyone. I must say that I'm bored beyond belief and looking forward to the pubs opening again tomorrow!

Delboy20
25-12-2010, 21:08
I am looking forward to the boxing day football programme. Late kick off at the Villa so an all day session is planned.:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

ROBCamra
26-12-2010, 08:43
Merry Christmas everyone. I must say that I'm bored beyond belief and looking forward to the pubs opening again tomorrow!

I have to agree. Yesterday was boring. I had 4 bottles of beer all day.

We usually go to a local pub on Xmas night with my brother et al, but the pub changed hands this year and they decided not to keep the tradition going of opening on Xmas night.

11 whole years of tradition gone. :p

Never mind it's over, pubs are open again today. Merry Boxing Day everybody. :cheers:

Gann
26-12-2010, 09:00
Belated Merry Crimble to everyone at PuG...

Had to cook the Xmas dinner yesterday and organise the family festivities after the wife went down with the lurgy during the night, so was unable to be on line all day.

I'm sure you'll all be pleased to hear that it all came out of the oven OK.
Probably even more surprising as It was prepared whilst making a dent in the Rebellion mini keg, including using 3/4 pint in the base of the baking tin, as tap water as recommended by Delia didn't seem exotic enough....

Millay
26-12-2010, 09:24
Had a quiet day yesterday, didn't venture to the pub as Watford's aren't the most inspiring. Have just found that there are almost no bus or train services today so will be stuck in Watford again. Will probably drop in on the two JDW's to see what's on then watch whatever football is on.

Farway
26-12-2010, 10:46
Another belated Happy Chrimble to all, my Christmas day had a bad start, during my morning shower I noticed pressure was a bit low, then found the cause was the bathroom sink hot water supply pipe had sprung a leak and hot water was now raining into the kitchen below, managed to isolate leak and commence mopping up, all of which put a bit of a damper [literally] on my smoked salmon, scrambled eggs & Bucks Fizz breakie

However the day improved once at my daughter's with the grandchildren, so all in all a good day, now just pushing thought of plumber back to New Year, in meantime down to local in 15 minutes to see what gives there, assuming I do not go ar5e over tit on the icy pavements