PDA

View Full Version : Achievements of 2010

Conrad
22-12-2010, 12:33
Well its that time of year where people like to give out pointless awards, so I thought it would be a good idea to cast our minds back to heroic achievements on Pubs Galore.

To start the ball rolling there is Soup's services to keeping pubs open award during August (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?3269-how-many-different-pubs).

And I have to give Andy Ven the outstanding services award for his work over on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pubsgalore) (he basically runs that now, me and Dave just look on in amazement) and general helpfulness to anyone (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?5119-HELP-NEEDED-RE.-Ship-Inn-and-Jolly-Sailor-in-Teignmouth).

Have some fun with your suggestions, for instance I am sure we all agree that the enigmatic Hondo should have the ninja award.
:ninja:

Quinno
22-12-2010, 13:10
I think we should all have an award for not needing liver transplants again this year :cheers:

Gann
22-12-2010, 13:43
And I have to give Andy Ven the outstanding services award for his work over on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pubsgalore) (he basically runs that now, me and Dave just look on in amazement)

Although I've got a Facebook account I usually try to avoid it, frankly because I don't understand half of it and I'm intimidated by my kids who seem to run their lives by it..

But decided to have a look at the PUG Facebook page and am in agreement. It is very good and if it's Andy who is behind all the feedback and pulling in users from this direction, then well done from me too.. :cheers:

aleandhearty
22-12-2010, 13:45
I am sure we all agree that the enigmatic Hondo should have the ninja award.
:ninja:

:D Absolutely! Our very own 'Stig' on the boards.

RogerB
22-12-2010, 13:55
A definite pat on the back award to the 20 or so hardy souls that made it to Birmingham for the Big Meet in November and a gold star to those who, unlike me, managed to get home in one piece (and yes, the foot is still sore 6 weeks later - what the hell did I do?)!

aleandhearty
22-12-2010, 14:10
(and yes, the foot is still sore 6 weeks later - what the hell did I do?)!

Look at it this way, it could have been much worse if your body hadn't been totally relaxed at the time! :D

Al 10000
22-12-2010, 17:14
Thanks all forum users.

This is the first forum i have been on and i would like to thank you for all the help you have given to me over the last 6 months or so,i would especially like to thank Conrad for his help in getting me going on the forum as i was having big problems when i first started out on this forum.
I have really enjoyed contributing and also reading other forum users messages.

I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

:cheers: Alan.

Andy Ven
22-12-2010, 18:03
I have to give Andy Ven the outstanding services award for his work over on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pubsgalore) (he basically runs that now, me and Dave just look on in amazement) and general helpfulness to anyone (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?5119-HELP-NEEDED-RE.-Ship-Inn-and-Jolly-Sailor-in-Teignmouth).

Cheers. I'll accept my award like that bird who couldn't do her Oscar speech for blubbing. Although I do enjoy deleting trashy adverts and recruiting people for PG proper.

A definite pat on the back award to the 20 or so hardy souls that made it to Birmingham for the Big Meet in November and a gold star to those who, unlike me, managed to get home in one piece

Aw, it was nothing. No really, I finished work that lunchtime and walked about 300 yards to the Wellington :). A really good day and I look forward to a similar event next year.

gillhalfpint
22-12-2010, 18:06
I would like to echo my thanks too to Conrad and forum users for help given during the year. I love reading everything from facts to windups, and always hit the what's new button a few times a day now to check back to where I last read from so I can join in if I want to, or just have a laugh at the comments.

Happy Christmas. Don't think I will be on line for a while from tomorrow so hope the weather doesn't stop anyone from getting to their favourite watering hole, or the nearest if need be.

RogerB
23-12-2010, 08:22
I think the real achievements will be seen when Dave publishes the end of year stats and we compare it to Dec 09. When these are published I think we will all be able to hold our heads up and give ourself a just reward. :notworthy: to all contributors.

arwkrite
23-12-2010, 10:29
I propose Pubs Galore as Beer and Pubs Website of the Year Award.
Nothing I have found comes anywhere near it.So big thanks to Conrad for maintaining high standards, Dave for maintaining the mechanical gubbins, and everyone else for making the place entertaining, informative and at times completely barmy.

Merry Christmas Everybody

Alesonly
23-12-2010, 10:30
I have Just added up my total Beer intake for the year it so far. It averages out at about only 2.8 Pints a day 20 pints a week not bad. :whistle: But at a average of £3.50 a Pint thats £ :eek: Better not think about it thank god for the Wetherspoons at only £2.10.

Soup Dragon
23-12-2010, 11:40
I think i would like to say a hearty well done to Conrad and Dave who have worked so hard on PG since we all started turning up.

Andy Ven - what can i say other than he is taking PG so seriously, he was started a PG creche with a view to getting the little Ven posting in 2029. OB, i take my hat off to - he manages to text me about a barmaid, landlady, or the whole of a women's brass band in every pub he goes in. RogerB, A&H, rpa, Quinno, ROBCamra and Millay for being as good a backbone user-wise as they were at the other place. Mr A, for simply being Mr A. Evil Gazebo for the best introduction at the PG meet-up, especially as he had got red eyes by then - "Hi, I'm Evil", he said - i moved.

However, Conrad and Dave apart, the outstanding achievement award belongs to one man and one alone, whom i shall not name, but who has done more to encourage PG than any other person without actually raising a finger - so raises your glasses to this individual as he really did bite off more than he could chew.

ETA
23-12-2010, 12:01
... without actually raising a finger...

well, he did, but it backfired somewhat.

Thanks to all for a great year of fun, banter, controversy and pub-talk from the regulars, and thanks to the admin team for providing a great virtual local.

Hope to meet up with some of you in 2011.

Conrad
23-12-2010, 12:28
But decided to have a look at the PUG Facebook page and am in agreement. It is very good and if it's Andy who is behind all the feedback and pulling in users from this direction, then well done from me too.. :cheers:
He is the person hiding behind the Pubs Galore name there, the trouble is he does such a good job that me and Dave have stopped helping him out :o

This is the first forum i have been on and i would like to thank you for all the help you have given to me over the last 6 months or so,i would especially like to thank Conrad for his help in getting me going on the forum as i was having big problems when i first started out on this forum.
My pleasure to all who have echoed this sentiment, and just to echo it back to everyone who posts, it has been more than worth it as we have a fantastically friendly forum here.

Gann
23-12-2010, 12:54
I think i would like to say a hearty well done to Conrad and Dave who have worked so hard on PG since we all started turning up.

Yes, I fully second that sentiment. Without your daily sterling efforts to maintain the 'PuG Local' most of us would still be walking the streets trying to find a friendly pub home to go to..

And a personal thank you to the both of you for your help with my visit to Bristol this year...

Have a great Yule.
Gann :drinkup:

Brewguru
24-12-2010, 07:24
My pleasure to all who have echoed this sentiment, and just to echo it back to everyone who posts, it has been more than worth it as we have a fantastically friendly forum here.

Hear Hear! to a fantastic trouble free site! Trouble is never getting any work done reading through all the posts on here ...

Conrad
24-12-2010, 14:47
Hear Hear! to a fantastic trouble free site! Trouble is never getting any work done reading through all the posts on here ...
Can I use that excuse ;)

Millay
26-12-2010, 12:30
Can anyone claim to have nominated on every Beer of the Week thread this year (started 17 Jan I think). I know I've misssed quite a few for various reasons. This thought occurred to me as I was looking through the threads to decide on my Beer(s) of the Year, for which I've started a new thread.

ROBCamra
26-12-2010, 12:34
Can anyone claim to have nominated on every Beer of the Week thread this year (started 17 Jan I think). I know I've misssed quite a few for various reasons. This thought occurred to me as I was looking through the threads to decide on my Beer(s) of the Year, for which I've started a new thread.

Not quite. I think I missed a couple of weeks when we were in Kefalonia.

Farway
26-12-2010, 13:00
Can anyone claim to have nominated on every Beer of the Week thread this year (started 17 Jan I think).

Not me, mainly as around here there are few choices apart from Fullers / Gales & Ringwood, and I am not one to travel 20 miles just to try another brew, thus BOTW is of obscure interest as I know I will never even see them let alone try them

RogerB
26-12-2010, 13:22
[QUOTE=Millay;25668]Can anyone claim to have nominated on every Beer of the Week thread this year[QUOTE]

I have - just seeing what today has to offer for this week's...

January 17 2010 CheddarTotty Pot Wat Tyler Dartford
January 24 2010 Whitstable Kentish Reserve Paper Moon Dartford
January 31 2010 Rebellion Frozen Assets Village Inn Rayners Lane
February 7 2010 East CoastS.S.B. O'Donohues, Wakefield
February 14 2010 Thwaites Wainwright Ale White Lion Upholland
February 21 2010 Hopdaeman Incubus Paper Moon Dartford
February 28 2010 Stonehenge Pigswill Ye Olde Thirty Pig Maidstone
March 7 2010 Salopian Prohibition Paper Moon Dartford
March 14 2010 Sharps 6 Hop I.P.A. King Charles I Kings Cross
March 21 2010 Clarks Classic Blonde Flying Boat Dartford
March 28 2010 CairngormTrade Winds Rake Borough
April 4 2010 Otter Ale Henry Addington Canary Wharf
April 11 2010 Fremlins Bitter Paper Moon Dartford
April 18 2010 Budelse Capucijn Elms Leigh On Sea
April 25 2010 Hawkhead Lakeland Lager Wetherspoons Victoria Station
May 2 2010 Kelham Island Pale Rider Doric Arch Euston
May 9 2010 Wolf Golden Jackal Fat Cat Colchester
May 16 2010 Sharps Doom Bar Ivy Leaf Dartford
May 23 2010 Nethergate Lemonhead Dog & Bell Deptford
May 30 2010 Humpty Dumpty Little Sharpie Rake Borough
June 6 2010 Oxfordshire Maypole Wat Tyler Dartford
June 13 2010 Exmoor Stag Rutland Ale House Hammersmith
June 20 2010 Deeside Lelach Douglas Arms Banchory
June 27 2010 Inveralmond Dunottar Ale Marine Hotel Stonehaven
July 4 2010 Sambrook Wandle The Gate Clock Greenwich
July 11 2010 Roosters G.C.B. Cap In Hand Surbiton
July 18 2010 Gadds She Sells Seas Shells George V Brompton
July 25 2010 Triple FFF Alton Pride Park Tavern Eltham
August 1 2010Skinners Betty Stoggs Ivy Leaf Dartford
August 8 2010 Westerham Grasshopper Paper Moon Dartford
August 15 2010 Exmoor Gold Metropolitan Baker Street
August 22 2010 TwickenhamSummer Gold Dukes Head Hampton
August 29 2010 Bowman Eldorado Wilmington Cricket Club Wilmington
September 5 2010 Butcombe Bitter Malt Shovel Dartford
September 12 2010 Steam Box Derail Ale Three Bishops Brighstone
September 19 2010 Greene King Bonkers Conkers Paper Moon Dartford
September 26 2010 Northumberland Legends Of The Tyne - Jimmy Smith Wenlock Arms Wenlock
October 3 2010 Old Dairy Gold Top Ivy Leaf Dartford
October 10 2010 Loddon Bamboozle Paper Moon Dartford
October 17 2010 Adnams Explorer Golden Lion St James
October 24 2010 Thwaites Nutty Black Wat Tyler Dartford
October 31 2010 Brodies Citra Old Fountain Old Street
November 7 2010 Kent Pale Bull Horton Kirby
November 14 2010 Sheffield I.P.A. Anchor Digbeth
November 21 2010 Oakham Inferno Post Office Vaults Burslem
November 28 2010 Brakspear Oxford Gold The Falcon Clapham
December 5 2010 Nelson Nelson's Blood Flying Boat Dartford
December 12 2010 Thornbidge Lumford Paper Moon Dartford
December 19 2010 Harviestoun Old King Legless Ivy Leaf Dartford
December 26 2010 Weltons Black Turkey Wat Tyler Dartford

Conrad
29-12-2010, 15:49
Can anyone claim to have nominated on every Beer of the Week thread this year

I have - just seeing what today has to offer for this week's...:notworthy:

Delboy20
29-12-2010, 18:08
Good god Roger....

Normally I would say that you need to get out more but in this case you should stay in more !!!!

You obviously get out enough:cheers::cheers: