PDA

View Full Version : Advance rail tickets

gillhalfpint
21-12-2010, 10:45
We have advance tickets for the 11.50 Virgin on Thursday from Birmingham New Street to Euston, and wondered if anyone on here knows what happens if that train is cancelled and they manage to get us on another one.

Will our advance tickets we bought when they came out for the journey that only cost us £6.25 each Birmingham to Chelmsford still be valid,if THEY make the change, or will we be expected to stump up whatever the single fare will be on the day, something like £30+ when I last checked.

Cheers.
Gill
P.S. Just found in terms and conditions that they can accomodate on another train if booked train cancelled but no guarantee of seats. That will do, just want to get there and on to Chelmsford as we are trying Podge's Belgian Christmas tour.

hondo
21-12-2010, 12:39
http://www.podgebeer.co.uk/ excellent website :D

gillhalfpint
21-12-2010, 13:24
That's the Christmas one we are going on. Really looking forward to it.

Al 10000
21-12-2010, 17:24
We have advance tickets for the 11.50 Virgin on Thursday from Birmingham New Street to Euston, and wondered if anyone on here knows what happens if that train is cancelled and they manage to get us on another one.

Will our advance tickets we bought when they came out for the journey that only cost us £6.25 each Birmingham to Chelmsford still be valid,if THEY make the change, or will we be expected to stump up whatever the single fare will be on the day, something like £30+ when I last checked.

Cheers.
Gill
P.S. Just found in terms and conditions that they can accomodate on another train if booked train cancelled but no guarantee of seats. That will do, just want to get there and on to Chelmsford as we are trying Podge's Belgian Christmas tour.

Hi Gill

When i had advanced tickets to Swindon the train broke down in Nottingham which meant me missing a connection in derby which i had reserved,the ticket office wrote a note and stamped it explaining what had happened and said show this and go on any train to get to Swindon i ended up catching 4 trains and got into Swindon 30 minuites late.
So overall i thought the train companys did a very good job getting me to my destination and not too late either.

rpadam
21-12-2010, 23:52

Cheers.
Gill
Gill,

Just make sure you get your existing tickets endorsed by the station staff before getting on an alternative service.

NB - They should write a code on your existing reservations to show that it is OK to travel on a different train (but, as you note, there is no guarantee of a seat in this eventuality).