PDA

View Full Version : PG Stats

Dave M
19-10-2009, 18:00
As it is now 30 days since my previous PG visitor & usage stats (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?t=406) post I thought I'd let everyone know what has been going on.

In the last 30 days we have had:-

124,000 visitors
152 new members
10,299 photos of 2,451 different pubs
335 new pubs added, giving a total of 52,776 open pubs listed on the site
1,159 new comments written

Number of visitors is a bit down on the previous month, but that is fairly normal at this time of year. Less people search for pubs in the winter, so it always starts dropping a bit around now.

The total number of open pubs on the site has only gone up by about 160, so I guess we have had to mark about 170 as closed.

To give an idea of timescales for how long things take to appear on the site, 74% of photos and 57% of new pubs are approved within 24 hours, that rises to 98% of photos and 92% of new pubs within 48 hours. As for the rest, well basically some pubs are a little harder to add than others, so if a pub is submitted on a Friday or Saturday I might not get round to dealing with it till Monday after the 48 hours has elapsed!

aleandhearty
20-10-2009, 13:22
To give an idea of timescales for how long things take to appear on the site, 74% of photos and 57% of new pubs are approved within 24 hours, that rises to 98% of photos and 92% of new pubs within 48 hours.

Dave, to help place those stats in some sort of context, I'd like to offer the following:

Like several new members I was until recently a regular contributor to BITE. However, the delays in processing photos, new suggestions and amendments has become farcical. Photos can appear anything between twenty four hours and several weeks. Amendment threads now number over 1000. Pub suggestions have completely ground to a halt, with those being submitted several months ago not yet processed. Polite requests, enquiring about what is happening have been met with almost total contempt.

To arrive at Pubs Galore and have your contributions processed so quickly, with genuine gratitude, is an absolute breath of fresh air. Well done.

As PG continues to grow (and I'm sure it will) I hope it's never forgotten that all contributors want is an occasional expression of thanks and to be kept informed if things aren't quite going to plan.

Simple isnt it? :)

Conrad
20-10-2009, 14:20
I was hassling Dave yesterday to post up the last months stats, I am hoping we can post these every month as well as posting up some other random stats to try and see what interests people.

Anyway, I was just asking him to post up the traffic stats, when I saw what he actually posted I had to snigger, I suspect that he was being more than a little pointed when he posted those. Not that I blame him, I think everyone involved in the site does a great job, users and admins.

If I am honest (speaking for myself, Dave might be a Saint when he is doing admin), when I am knackered I have been known to swear and be disgruntled as I do the corrections that members are requesting. My brain will be thinking 'I mean does it really matter that we turn this area into a district'.

Thankfully I just have to remember that it is a compliment to the site that people feel that invested, that they want it to be correct. It is genuinely nice to see the site getting better and better because it's users give a damn. So I am grateful, and if I ever forget that any user is welcome to give me a sharp reminder, any success the site gets is because people care enough to improve it.