PDA

View Full Version : Picture of the Rising Son by john mcgraw

JoyceR
18-11-2010, 19:25
I have fond memories of the Rising Sun Pub in Sidcup from the early 1940's, and so enjoyed looking at the pictures that John McGraw has posted. I would love to get in touch with him to see if he would send me a high quality picture that I could use on my desktop. I have been living in Canada since 1960, but haven't forgotten my roots in the UK. And still have my English accent!!!

So I would very much appreciate any help provided to find a high quality picture.

Thank you

Joyce R.:p

trainman
18-11-2010, 22:42
I don't see a Rising Sun listed here for Sidcup?

Dave M
18-11-2010, 22:50
The Rising Sun in Eltham (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23990/) seems to me to be pretty close to Sidcup so that would be my guess.

RogerB
19-11-2010, 09:13
I was thinking it was the one in Eltham. I did actually visit it a few weeks ago for the first time in a few years but it has been refurbished and, as per usual, lost a lot of its character. I don't generally go to Eltham often as the pubs are not that great (apart from the Park Tavern) and there is not a lot else to go there for but if this is the place, it isn't that far and I will happily try and stop off and get a decent photo(s). The only problem now is that it is dark in the evenings and that narrows things down a bit for photos.

Conrad
19-11-2010, 16:15
I have just emailed John so hopefully he will see this.