PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Hide

Conrad
11-10-2009, 12:13
Ok, so Archivist is away for the weekend and it has all gone quiet here. Are we doing the equivalent of turning the lights off and hiding behind the furniture?

My excuse is that I am managing to stay away from the computer this weekend ;)

Eddie86
11-10-2009, 13:15
Considering that I'm not officially back at work until Monday, I spent most of yesterday in the cellar and chatting to some bloke about pubs in Hay on Wye :P

Today I've only spent an hour at work, and now am Spring Cleaning (slightly different to spring cleaning) with her-who-must-be-obeyed.

I'm sure it'll all be back to normal on Monday :D

Soup Dragon
11-10-2009, 13:33
i am not away this weekend, i just went to a small place called Hay on Wye yesterday, book collecting, oh and having the odd drink!

It was nice to meet up with you Ed, can i just apologise - you were not there when we first pooped in and i had a couple of pints, by the time we went back i had done all of the open places in Hay, so sorry for yaking on, mate, but i had had a few by then!

I am away from sat-wed next week in chester - so expect a few reviews when i get back, in the mean time i will be doing the Hay ones throughout today - till i go to the pub with my mate for a couple later!

Conrad
11-10-2009, 14:15
Reviewing pubs on your birthday :eek:

I think that is right anyway, so Happy Birthday! :D

Soup Dragon
11-10-2009, 14:20
cheers, Squire

I shall drink to the health of PG tonight - played football this morning and got drubbed 5-1, so it has to get better

Mind you, their right back booted the ball out of play and i asked him to fetch it as i was too old and it was my birthday - and he did! Who said it wasn't a gentlmanly game anymore?

Farway
11-10-2009, 16:55
I sacrificed myself on PG behalf yesterday & went to The Hole in Wall's beer festival in Southsea, and yes I have written it up, and yes I have got more pics of the interior :p

Today liver had a day off and I pootled over to see daughter & family, sorry about letting personal life interfere in PG postings :rolleyes:

PS also checked out the newly re-opened Wheelbarrow for PG so there

Conrad
11-10-2009, 18:40
What is this real life thing you speak of? :p

I am happy now anyway, we have had a couple of posts for the day, you may all feel free to go back to your personal lives. Although playing football sounds way too energetic, I thought it was just a spectator sport.

Soup Dragon
11-10-2009, 18:55
playing football sounds way too energetic, I thought it was just a spectator sport.

Of course you would, you support Bristol City, their defence watches most teams walk past them:p

Conrad
11-10-2009, 20:37
Of course you would, you support Bristol City, their defence watches most teams walk past them:p
You're getting us mixed up with England :D

Delboy20
11-10-2009, 20:41
cheers, Squire

I shall drink to the health of PG tonight - played football this morning and got drubbed 5-1, so it has to get better

Mind you, their right back booted the ball out of play and i asked him to fetch it as i was too old and it was my birthday - and he did! Who said it wasn't a gentlmanly game anymore?

Hi Archivist,

So its your birthday today ?? It was mine yesterday would you believe !!

I had a nice day taking my daughter to the Safari Park.....

Cheers,

Del.

Soup Dragon
11-10-2009, 20:43
Bristol Rovers look good for promotion, mate

Conrad
11-10-2009, 20:55
Firstly, belated happy birthday to Del. :)

And as to Rovers, your avin a laff. Or at least I was when Norwich beat them 5-1. :D

They are flattering to deceive at the moment, I am quite stunned by how well they are doing. I still don't think they have the squad depth to do it myself though.

Anyway, get ye down the pub, just like I'm about to.

Soup Dragon
11-10-2009, 21:22
Hi Archivist,

So its your birthday today ?? It was mine yesterday would you believe !!

Cheers,

Del.

Happy birthday, mate - ironically, passed the Safari Park coming back from Hay - but then, you wouldnt have spotted me amongst all those baboons:D

nogoodboyo
11-10-2009, 22:24
Hay on Wye eh? I hope you paid a visit to the Hollybush Inn on the road to Glasbury on Wye, where every visit has the potential for entertainment.

Soup Dragon
11-10-2009, 23:03
i didnt, Squire

i have earmarked it for the next visit - just did the ones in towm and the boat at witney

Soup Dragon
11-10-2009, 23:10
I cant seem to edit my last post

So, i have to ask Mr b, why is it so entertaining?

arwkrite
12-10-2009, 10:47
Glad you are back Mr Arch from your travels along the border. All together I have had a mancky week with the mrs off the hooks. Starting to get cabin fever. The Co Op supermarket does not stretch ones horizon very much.
So I have had plenty of time to try and recall pubs I visited but forgot to put down in the little black book. Surprising how many got away. There are plenty I can see in my minds eye but I am blowed if I can remember where they are.
At the moment I am trying to find out what is happing at a local pub with a recent troubled history.First I see the doors locked and furniture thrown into the back of a van ( moonlight flit ?) then I see some bloke stood outside who likes a bulldog who has swallowed a wasp (Churchill the dog with a bad attitude.) The Freehold is now for sale which makes three pubs for sale in this town, all freehold sales. The Wheatsheaf at nearby Whitbourne appears to have been sold but whether it will reopen as a pub is in question.

Soup Dragon
12-10-2009, 11:54
it was a great day out, got some books, tried the pubs and bored Ed, what could be better - we will have to arrange a couple of beers soon, sonny jim, when circumstances allow

nogoodboyo
12-10-2009, 12:13
I cant seem to edit my last post

So, i have to ask Mr b, why is it so entertaining?

Entertaining on every level. This is a great pub,but it is very alternative, with a distinctive ambience.

Soup Dragon
12-10-2009, 12:16
Entertaining on every level. This is a great pub,but it is very alternative, with a distinctive ambience.

you mean Gothy kind of thing?

Conrad
12-10-2009, 12:23
you mean Gothy kind of thing?
They play a lot of YMCA on the jukebox.

Soup Dragon
12-10-2009, 12:32
shame, i like Gothy places!

Soup Dragon
13-10-2009, 15:15

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr2009/2/0/knowsley-safari-park-pic-pa-image-2-240430860.jpg

"For the last time sweety, i am NOT going to get you an ice-cream", said Del nervously

arwkrite
15-10-2009, 10:54
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr2009/2/0/knowsley-safari-park-pic-pa-image-2-240430860.jpg

"For the last time sweety, i am NOT going to get you an ice-cream", said Del nervously

OR " Somebody pop over and ask that bloke with the camera if he has a can opener we can borrow".

Delboy20
15-10-2009, 20:07
I did ask my daughter not to eat raw meat in the lion enclosure but did she listen .....

Soup Dragon
15-10-2009, 21:40
I know you are a fan of London Pride, but that's taking it too far!