PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Burton on Trent

Delboy20
08-10-2009, 22:37
Hi all,

I am spending a day drinking round Burton in a couple of weeks and would welcome any advice. As I have said elsewhere I will go in any pub I can but due to the sheer number I will have to be selective !!
Are there any I should not miss out ?? I am not talking real ale only here - although I do like Real ale pubs, they tend to be well kept old pubs with character. Are there any unusual pubs ?? The weirder the better !!
Over to you lot .....

Cheers,

Del.

Soup Dragon
08-10-2009, 23:42
Sorry, Squire, i cant help - i have not done Burton - ever i think

mmmmm - maybe i will join you!

arwkrite
12-10-2009, 10:21
Sorry but Burton on Trent is the dark side of the moon when it comes to me.
Have you tried searching the internet ? Burton had a big brewing industry at one time. I would be surprised if no one has written of their pub crawls around historic pubs of Burton.

Andy Ven
14-03-2010, 15:19
Marston's Brewery is worth tour - it's been 5 years since I did it but you get your entry money back in beer.

http://www.marstonsdontcompromise.co.uk/site/tour_booking.asp

hopwas
14-03-2010, 16:28
Marston's Brewery is worth tour - it's been 5 years since I did it but you get your entry money back in beer.

http://www.marstonsdontcompromise.co.uk/site/tour_booking.asp

Yep i have visited Marston's brewery three years ago and I drank Worthington's White Shield at the end of the tour. Free pint when you pay your entry fee.

gillhalfpint
14-03-2010, 17:59
The Spoons there is Lord Burton, we have always looked in there. Not far is the Burton Bridge Inn on Bridge Street, the brew pub for Burton Bridge beers, an old cosy type of pub. They open till 2.15 then from 5pm.

Coopers Tavern on Cross Street is an unspoilt ale house, but difficult to find open. Funny hours. Lunchtime till 2.30 except Monday and Tuesday, and from 5pm, (7pm Mondays), but all day Friday Saturday and Sunday according ro GBG. They have beers on tap and stillage.

Old Cottage Tavern is the brewery tap on Byrkley St behind the town hall, and opens all day.

Used to visit Devonshire, a Burton Bridge pub that had guests.