PDA

View Full Version : The Crown Inn, Worcester X2: One re-opened, one disappeared.

aleandhearty
02-11-2010, 21:33
Hi Conrad

Been wandering round Worcester taking lots of pub photos today. On my travels I noticed The Crown Inn, 66 Bransford Road has now re-opened.

However, the other Crown Inn, Newbury Road is a complete mystery. There's no sign of a pub on this quiet residential road and no sign of a building that could have been. I'd be curious to know how this pub was suggested, the fact that there's no number makes me suspicious. Interestingly, there's another Crown Inn in the sub-district of KEMPSEY with a similar postcode. Im just wondering if there's been a false listing based on using the (wrong) post code to get the address?

Newbury Road =WR2 5JF
66 Main Road, Kempsey = WR5 3JF

Seems a little coincidental. One could be mis-read for the other. I'll leave it with you! :)

Conrad
03-11-2010, 13:11
Hi a&h,

We have marked The Crown Inn (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/42420/) as open.

As to the other one, it is part of our original seed list, so just one of those mysteries, possibly someone registered a random business there or a typo as you say. Makes sense at this point to just delete it though, so now gone.

Thanks for those.