PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some pubs in Chippenham!

Quinno
01-11-2010, 11:04
As the reviews on here for Chippenham are somewhat sparse and the fact that I usually get new the Good Beer Guide as a Xmas present, can anyone out there recommend a couple of good pubs in the general town centre?

I've got a wedding there on Sunday :)

cheers

trainman
01-11-2010, 11:10
As the reviews on here for Chippenham are somewhat sparse and the fact that I usually get new the Good Beer Guide as a Xmas present, can anyone out there recommend a couple of good pubs in the general town centre?

A friend has connections to Chippenham but I'm unaware it has pubs that would drag the team over there. I note, however, that trains from Bath take just 11mins, so a possible prelim there before heading over. (Tho I expect Bath is relatively old hat to you Quinno?).

trainman
01-11-2010, 11:23
Or you could take bus 232, or coach 403, out to Corsham to give us the true low-down on the argument elsewhere bewteen Two Pigs and Hare & Hounds.
Careful with that return journey, or you'll be trying to sneak in the back just as vows are being made!

ROBCamra
01-11-2010, 11:30
Only two Chippenham pubs in the GBG 2011.

Gladstone Arms & Old Road Tavern.

Quinno
01-11-2010, 12:13
A friend has connections to Chippenham but I'm unaware it has pubs that would drag the team over there. I note, however, that trains from Bath take just 11mins, so a possible prelim there before heading over. (Tho I expect Bath is relatively old hat to you Quinno?).

New hat, actually, I only ticked it off a few months back (reviews in the pipeline...). Not quite sure how it took me so long!!

Only two Chippenham pubs in the GBG 2011.

Glastone Arms & Old Road Tavern.

I thank you! :)

oldboots
01-11-2010, 16:53
The Old Road Tavern is a decent pub but I've never been in the Gladstone so couldn't say, other than that I wouldn't bother (check my reviews, although they are from last year)