PDA

View Full Version : All Alone

Conrad
02-10-2009, 11:29
Well I have lost Dave to a holiday for a week, which is a double blow. Normally he proof reads what I write to make sure my Internet tourettes doesn't kick in and I accidentally say what I really think:eek:.

Also it may mean things get done a little slower, still hoping to get everything done within 24 hours of receiving it though.

Soup Dragon
02-10-2009, 12:54
Well I have lost Dave to a holiday for a week, which is a double blow. Normally he proof reads what I write to make sure my Internet tourettes doesn't kick in and I accidentally say what I really think:eek:.

Also it may mean things get done a little slower, still hoping to get everything done within 24 hours of receiving it though.

Dont worry, Sonny Jim, we will still speak to you....

By the way, can you please redesign the entire website, i will log on again win 24 hours......

:D

Conrad
02-10-2009, 13:26
Thankyou for your communication, this is the Pubs Galore automated response system.

Your request has been logged and will be dealt with by one of our professional representatives in due course.

Please rest assured that your feedback is valued and we will deal with it.

Thank you for waiting.

Filo
02-10-2009, 13:38
Hi Conrad,

Sorry to here your all alone with only your automatic response facillity for company.

I'll be off on my jolly holidays soon. Cant wait...:D

Filo

Soup Dragon
02-10-2009, 13:43
that's the most professional response i have had from you guys!

i have 4 days booked in York in a couple of weeks to go through their pubs, again.

Farway
02-10-2009, 13:54
i have 4 days booked in York in a couple of weeks to go through their pubs, again.

Best I can manage is a long weekend at Bracklesham Bay toward end of October, not many pubs around there, so shouldn't take me long to check out the Lively Lady, which according to PG is the one & only venue there :(

Just hope it sells something decent

Conrad
02-10-2009, 14:36
that's the most professional response i have had from you guys!

I am just contemplating a far less polite response to an alleged landlord who is emailing us.

Best I can manage is a long weekend at Bracklesham Bay toward end of October, not many pubs around there, so shouldn't take me long to check out the Lively Lady, which according to PG is the one & only venue there :(

Just hope it sells something decent

I thought I would check around, looks like any other pubs in Bracklsham Bay aren't promoting themselves. Still hopefully they are still there with good reason.

Farway
02-10-2009, 15:38
Conrad, you can be sure I will have a good look around, both on journey to Bracklesham and whilst there, may even venture to the Witterings time, and blood alcohol, permitting

Sometimes I wonder just how PG has missed some pubs, like The Fox over at Gosport, been there about 300 years or more

OK, I know you started from out dated information, and just joking BTW

I shall continue to "harvest" as many pubs I can find

Conrad
02-10-2009, 16:25
It is amusing how bad some of the listings are. Your observation about old ones missing is fairly bad, names that are 8 years out of date are really bad, and the odd Methodist church we had listed as a pub was just plain special :). Liz McGraw has done an excellent job of weeding most of the really bad listings out:cool:.

Soup Dragon
02-10-2009, 16:40
Yes, Mr & Mrs McGraw seem to be excellent contibutors to the site - i wish they would say hello on the forums. It is my ambition to visit as many places as them.

Dave M
02-10-2009, 21:19
Normally he proof reads what I write to make sure my Internet tourettes doesn't kick in and I accidentally say what I really think:eek:

I may be able to drop in occassionally, if only to check on Conrad! Actually I'll probably get told off now for being online when I should just be relaxing on holiday! :rolleyes:

Thankyou for your communication, this is the Pubs Galore automated response system.

Your request has been logged and will be dealt with by one of our professional representatives in due course.

Please rest assured that your feedback is valued and we will deal with it.

Thank you for waiting.

I thought our automated feedback just said "Your comments have been noted"?!

Yes, Mr & Mrs McGraw seem to be excellent contibutors to the site - i wish they would say hello on the forums. It is my ambition to visit as many places as them.

I took a seriously odd route down to Cornwall today, I stopped for lunch in a pub in the middle of nowhere in North Devon. I had hoped that it would've been out of reach of the McGraws on their recent visit, but no the Thelbridge Cross Inn (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/64213/) didn't evade them!

arwkrite
02-10-2009, 22:57
Dave, your seriously odd route was not provided by a SatNav was it. Devon is one of those counties that go on for ever. My mrs mapreads and I drive for the simple reason I cannot be trusted with a road atlas.

I wish you and yours a happy holiday and do not believe the weather forecast of non stop rain for the next seven days.

Regards...Richard.

Eddie86
03-10-2009, 00:11
Dave, your seriously odd route was not provided by a SatNav was it. Devon is one of those counties that go on for ever. My mrs mapreads and I drive for the simple reason I cannot be trusted with a road atlas.

I wish you and yours a happy holiday and do not believe the weather forecast of non stop rain for the next seven days.

Regards...Richard.

O dear - I'm down in Devon Mon-Fri to get some R&R! Got a room at an Inn near Torrington then down to Lulworth Cove. Looking forward to trying a Cornish beer that isn't Doom Bar or Tribute :p

Soup Dragon
03-10-2009, 00:45
If you find a MILD, let me know - but bugger all chance of that. In the mean time, Doom and Tribute will do nicely

Just come from a nice crawl of Walsall, absolute class, gents, i know Mr A will appreciate it, but you southern boys need a little education!