PDA

View Full Version : London Drinkers

Rex_Rattus
23-10-2010, 15:08
It's about time we London Drinkers met up again for a few pints. I've sounded out one or two regulars, and come up with the following:

Date: Monday 22 November (as soon as possible after finishing work).

Venue: The Falcon, just outside Clapham Junction station.

Anyone interested in participating?

Rex

RogerB
23-10-2010, 16:40
I'm in.

Chris87
23-10-2010, 16:45
Good choice of venue chaps; The Falcon was my local for a while when I lived in London and its a brilliant boozer.

I'm moving back to the smoke in December so I'd love to join in when I'm around.

rpadam
23-10-2010, 17:13
Put me down as a 'possible' at this stage...

NB - I seem to remember that you need to be careful about Falcons around Clapham railway stations because:

this Falcon http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24519/, listed under Clapham (SW4), is close to Clapham High Street/Clapham North stations whilst

this Falcon http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24449/, listed under Battersea (SW11), is adjacent to Clapham Junction station.

RogerB
23-10-2010, 17:30
I know the pub quite well so I won't get lost. Not sure if it's still the case but it used to have the longest continuous pub bar in the country (125 feet) so it may take a while to walk around it to check what beers are on.

rpadam
23-10-2010, 17:50
I know the pub quite well so I won't get lost.
Ah, but I might (especially if I look the wrong one up again first next time!)...

Rex_Rattus
23-10-2010, 18:20
Thanks for that rp - hope you can make it. It's definitely the Battersea one - you exit clapham Junction station by the main entrance; turn left; walk past the Slug and Lettuce (you absolutely MUST walk past the Slug and Lettuce!) and it's on the left. I've also heard the claim that it's the longest continuous bar. Last time I was in there they had three banks of pumps, two banks of six each along the front, and a bank of ten at the back.

Chris - I'm sorry you're not going to be back in time for this one, but there'll be others.

Maldenman
23-10-2010, 18:52
I'm in.

As am I, trainman, are you watching?

Bucking Fastard
25-10-2010, 09:56
Count me in,The Falcon is a very good choice.

Quinno
25-10-2010, 10:15
gah, Clapham Junction is fairly inaccessable from Reading unless I get the slow ponderous Waterloo train but that'll take AGES. So I'll miss this one out (I might still be recovering from Birmingham anyway...)

trainman
26-10-2010, 09:52
As am I, trainman, are you watching?

Yep, I'm just catching up with PG business after returning from N.Wales last night.
Funding is the only (but rather crucial) thing that might prevent my attendance.

gah, Clapham Junction is fairly inaccessable from Reading unless I get the slow ponderous Waterloo train but that'll take AGES.

True, 1hr14 sounds a long schlep, but drops you next door to the pub with no need to cross London then get another train out to CJ. A bit cheaper than going through Z1 too; I once took that route to Reading, my (solo) first visit, I think. Mostly slept on return journey.

Pubsignman
26-10-2010, 10:50
I should be able to make this as Clapham is a short train journey from where I work. I think the Falcon is a great pub - they have a handy blackboard behind the bar now which saves a lengthy walk round the pub to inspect all the pumps.

gah, Clapham Junction is fairly inaccessable from Reading unless I get the slow ponderous Waterloo train but that'll take AGES. So I'll miss this one out (I might still be recovering from Birmingham anyway...)

I had the misfortune of having to take this train on Sunday on my way home from Oxford - infuriatingly slow, but nothing a good book couldn't fix.

Maldenman
26-10-2010, 14:26
Not so sure the trains on that route have a toilet, after a number of pints an hour and 14mins is a very long time as far as my bladder is concerned.

Maldenman
26-10-2010, 14:33
[QUOTE=trainman;22551]Yep, I'm just catching up with PG business after returning from N.Wales last night.
Funding is the only (but rather crucial) thing that might prevent my attendance.

Hope you can make it. Rhyl as good as expected? :eek:

trainman
26-10-2010, 15:52
[QUOTE=trainman;22551]Rhyl as good as expected? :eek:

Nearer Prestatyn really. A friend's (holiday) house is next to the golf course, across which a 200yd wander takes you to a deserted beach. The dogs loved it, dunes & rabbit trails.
The target was the N.Wales food festival, or Conwy Feast. A bit busy, but some stalls with decent samples, especially the (obviously new to me) Conwy Brewery, or Bragdy Conwy, as we locals now call it. I brought back a variety of half a dozen of their excellent bottled beers (unusually, all RAIB), 6 for a tenner. The event, near the impressive castle and along the waterfront, also had a beer tent - maybe 20 handpumps to which I couldn't really do justice.
I appreciate the local knowledge imparted by Millay but managed only Conwy's Liverpool Arms (both handpumps reverse clipped, so visited for toilet stop only) and passed The Bridge (which looked a bit shabby to drag the group into, and a look through the window had suggested only a couple of pumps incl Hobgoblin which I don't really like). We did hole up in the Castle Hotel bar for a while to get warm, and they had 3 Bragdy Conwy beers on HP, touch!
Back Sunday for a pre-booked '30-mile menu' on the quay, was pretty good and I was sat next to a food/wine/beer reporter who lives in Todmorden. I was delighted to be able to show off my expansive (haha!) ale knowledge by saying, 'Oh yes, wasn't there a beer festival at the cricket club just recently?'. Well, when I said 'odmorden CC', he knew what I meant ROB ;).
Only other pub I managed was Royal Standard of England on way back down M40, Forty Green, nr Beaconsfield.

Oh, one of the tents also had Purple Moose stand where I nabbed a few tasters, and a pint of Snowdonia (ok, I had to pay for the pint).

rpadam
26-10-2010, 23:43
[QUOTE=Maldenman;22589]
Oh, one of the tents also had Purple Moose stand where I nabbed a few tasters
Lucky sod!

Bucking Fastard
27-10-2010, 13:11
[QUOTE=trainman;22593]
Lucky sod!

Slightly off topic ,but is there anywhere in London or the South East that has any Purple Moose ales,it seems a lot of regulars on here wax lyrical about their beers and I'm keen to get involved.

PaulOfHorsham
01-11-2010, 18:29
Monday? Well, Clapham Junction is on the way home, alright.

A possible, then.

Pubsignman
02-11-2010, 10:28
Slightly off topic ,but is there anywhere in London or the South East that has any Purple Moose ales,it seems a lot of regulars on here wax lyrical about their beers and I'm keen to get involved.

I recently emailed the brewery asking if they knew of any London outlets for their beers and I got a reply from them this morning saying that they don't supply bottles to any outlets outside of Wales, but that cask sales (via wholesalers) are becoming more frequent to the capital.
They specifically mentioned this pub, which has the Glaslyn Ale on at the moment:

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/22408/

Gann
02-11-2010, 11:17
Blimey, another thread I seem to have completely missed...

I could well be able to make this one and break my 'cherry' as far as pub review site meet ups go (if you don't count dropping in on Conrad and Dave when I was in Bristol).

The proposed venue means I'll have to buff up the passport and cross the river into dangerous territory but I'm prepared to take the risk on behalf of PuG.

As i've never met up with any other suspects, will there be a recognition code expression ? "I believe the TT Landlord is on good form tonight" for example ?

rpadam
02-11-2010, 23:43
I recently emailed the brewery asking if they knew of any London outlets for their beers and I got a reply from them this morning saying that they don't supply bottles to any outlets outside of Wales, but that cask sales (via wholesalers) are becoming more frequent to the capital.
They specifically mentioned this pub, which has the Glaslyn Ale on at the moment:

That's a good pub any day of the week, and if it has Glaslyn Ale on then...

Bucking Fastard
04-11-2010, 12:25

Thanks a lot for getting this info,ironically I was in this pub very recently and before their beer festival which may have featured the Glaslyn,woe is me.Let's hope this may feature in The Falcon later this month...

Rex_Rattus
14-11-2010, 14:03
As i've never met up with any other suspects, will there be a recognition code expression ? "I believe the TT Landlord is on good form tonight" for example ?

I would suggest "We should have been in Birmingham".

Roll call so far is:

Rex Rattus
Maldenman
Nigel V (friend of Rex Rattus and Maldenman)
Brakslover (from you know where)
Bryan (brother in law of Brakslover)
RogerB
Bucking Fastard
Pubsignman
John Bonser
HTM69
rpadam (possible)
Trainman (possible - pecuniary considerations permitting)
PaulofHorsham (possible)
Gann (probable/possible)

If i've missed anyone - my apologies, and please make yourself known!

RogerB
14-11-2010, 14:17

Well Conrad has raided the office swearbox and spent the cash on Pubs Galore T-Shirts so some of us won't be hard to spot.

gillhalfpint
14-11-2010, 15:18
Cannot join you on 22nd, but will be in London for a crawl on 1 Dec. Getting underground from Newbury Park on the central line, and wondered if any of you would know what sort of ticket I would need to get to and from there during the day and be able to move around London on the tube.

Last time we visited Rake, Market Porter, Wheatsheaf, Cask,Pub and Kitchen, Wenlock, Old Fountain, Doric Arch, Bree Louise, and King Charles 1. Going to try adding Brew Wharf, Southampton Arms and Euston Tap.

Expecting Wenlock might be closed by then, but can check that nearer the time.

Any others near enough to those that we should do anyone?

PaulOfHorsham
14-11-2010, 15:45
One-Day (off-peak) Zones 1-4 Travelcard is £6.30 (Newbury Park is in zone 4). That'll do for all trains, tubes, DLR and buses, even the tram if you venture that far out.

trainman
14-11-2010, 16:16
Brakslover (from you know where)

A new name to me, tho I see he's been around there a little while.
Surprised he's reviewed Park Tavern but not nearby Willoughby.

My attendance is still dependent on the considerations you mentioned.

Maldenman
14-11-2010, 16:18
A new name to me, tho I see he's been around there a little while.
Surprised he's reviewed Park Tavern but not nearby Willoughby.

My attendance is still dependent on the considerations you mentioned.

I would suggest a flutter on whoever Altrincham are playing to win. Should do the job.

Maldenman
14-11-2010, 16:23
Cannot join you on 22nd, but will be in London for a crawl on 1 Dec. Getting underground from Newbury Park on the central line, and wondered if any of you would know what sort of ticket I would need to get to and from there during the day and be able to move around London on the tube.

Gill, I have to take my hat off to you. Despite living in London since 1986, I have never been to, or even noticed the existence of, Newbury Park tube.

trainman
14-11-2010, 16:52
Any others near enough to those that we should do anyone?
The central line will take you through Leyton so, depending on time, you could take the 69 bus to William IV (home to Brodies Brewery, £1.99 a pint). Bus is listed as 15mins, but maybe a little less. Central line also for Chancery Lane from which a visit to Ye Olde Mitre is fairly obligatory (maybe best mid-afternoon), in that vicinity you also have options for Jerusalem Tavern (St Peters Brewery), Castle (Furnival St, ~8 handpumps), Cittie of York (Sams, but impressive interior), Seven Stars (a little quirky, usually summat worth drinking tho unlikely for a new 'tick'), Knights Templar ('spoons, if you want a look at the 10/12(?) pumps), Edgar Wallace (8 handpumps, I haven't had the chance to visit since Shane left earlier this year), Princess Louise (Sams again but amazing retention of Gin Palace interior).
If you get up to Southampton Arms, others near there warranting a visit are Junction Tavern and Pineapple.

ps. if you did want to do William IV as well as Southampton Arms, there's a half hourly train from Leyton Midland Road to Gospel Oak overhead (26mins).

Rex_Rattus
14-11-2010, 17:16
I would suggest a flutter on whoever Altrincham are playing to win. Should do the job.

Maybe - wonder what odds you would get? Odds on I bet! Might need to be a double header with whoever The Eagles are playing!

gillhalfpint
14-11-2010, 17:47
Thanks for the info, will print and plot for the days wanderings. The only one mentioned that we have been to, twice from the centre, is Jerusalem Tavern.

The caravan will be near Newbury Park for a reasonable trip to Pig's Ear fest at Hackney on the Tuesday, so we wanted to go into London on the Wednesday. We move with friends to a site near Hatfield on the Thursday, so now find we can get overland from there to Kings Cross for £6.60 each with senior cards on Friday, so may well make it two trips now we have so many places to explore. I love London but rarely get there now. Will be great to make it twice in a week.

Will look forward to your writeups of the places you all get to on the 22nd.

Bucking Fastard
15-11-2010, 11:01
[QUOTE=trainman;23666] Edgar Wallace (8 handpumps, I haven't had the chance to visit since Shane left earlier this year)QUOTE]
I was impressed by the new regime at the Edgar Wallace on a recent trip if that's any help.Gill another pub is the viscinity worth visiting which I didnt see on your list is The Harp,Chandos Place ; possibly quieter at lunchtime than in the evening and featuring a number of Dark Star beers,Sambrook's,several guests.

Conrad
15-11-2010, 12:48
Well Conrad has raided the office swearbox and spent the cash on Pubs Galore T-Shirts so some of us won't be hard to spot.
And on this note we have 4 XL and 1 L left over. So in the time honoured manner anyone PM'ing me can have one sent to them. Prioritising anyone hoping to go to the London meet and on a first come basis.

Alesonly
15-11-2010, 16:27
Sorry can not make Monday 22 November as I'm working on Lates & shifts as usual only odd days off till mid December now well the bills have too be Paid. :moremad:
I could make any day between 16th of December and the December 24th then I'm working again all over Christmas & New Year.

Pubsignman
16-11-2010, 10:08

Sorry to drag the thread back off topic again, but I have another Purple Moose tip-off! The Claret Free House in Addiscombe is having a mini beer festival on 18th - 21st November and I'm reliably informed that Glaslyn Ale will be making an appearance.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/beerfestival/showfestival.php?id=1189

trainman
16-11-2010, 12:25

Maybe - wonder what odds you would get? Odds on I bet! Might need to be a double header with whoever The Eagles are playing!

So that's 1/4 on Crawley Town, doubled with Evens on Sheff Utd, £10 returns £25....

Bucking Fastard
17-11-2010, 10:09
Sorry to drag the thread back off topic again, but I have another Purple Moose tip-off! The Claret Free House in Addiscombe is having a mini beer festival on 18th - 21st November and I'm reliably informed that Glaslyn Ale will be making an appearance.

Thanks for the tip off,my trips to Croydon pubs coincide with Palace home games and as their brand of total football :whistle:is on display at Bramall Lane this saturday,I will be saving my shekels for Monday and sadly miss the Moose .

trainman
21-11-2010, 07:16

Could have been nicely doubled with the (Shirley Rd) Cricketers which, I noticed, also has a minifest on. I couldn't attend, grrr!!

trainman
21-11-2010, 07:19
So that's 1/4 on Crawley Town, doubled with Evens on Sheff Utd, £10 returns £25....

Well, it came to pass. So the £15 profit would have sorted the first 5pints if I'd found the stake.
Oh for the halcyon days of reckless monkeys going on lost causes...

Rex_Rattus
21-11-2010, 16:13
I'm aiming to get to The Falcon about 5.00 PM tomorrow, but if anyone fancies getting there even earlier then I can probably do so as well.

Roger - judging by previous occasions my guess is that you'll probably get there around 5.15 PM or soon thereafter. Sound about right?

I think Brakslover is planning to arrive something like 6.00 PM, and Maldenman is aiming at 6.30 PM. I guess others will pitch up as and when work, travel, and other commitments allow. Look forward to seeing you all there.

RogerB
21-11-2010, 16:51
Roger - judging by previous occasions my guess is that you'll probably get there around 5.15 PM or soon thereafter. Sound about right?

I have a meeting in the afternoon so probably won't be able to get out as early as I normally do. That said, I could be there as early as 5 depending on a few variables but probably looking more towards 5.30/5.45.

HTM69
21-11-2010, 23:03
I’ll be there around 5-ish tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Alex

Brakslover
22-11-2010, 09:51
I think Brakslover is planning to arrive something like 6.00 PM

According to TFL Journey Planner, should arrive at 5.57! Cheers

Rex_Rattus
22-11-2010, 11:37

See you there - and welcome to the forums!

Gann
22-11-2010, 14:14
Still hoping to attend, but have come back from my biz trip to Asia last week with the Lurgy.

If my coughing gets worse this afternoon I may have to pull out or fear infecting everyone..

I could wear one of the white face masks favoured by Japanese colleagues, but I find these difficult to drink beer through.....

gillhalfpint
22-11-2010, 14:27
A hole in it and a straw might work.

Rex_Rattus
22-11-2010, 15:40
Still hoping to attend, but have come back from my biz trip to Asia last week with the Lurgy.

It's a shame if you have to miss it, but it's not worth risking your health over. Were you in Japan? I like to get to South East Asia when I can, but unfortunately have to pay for myself these days!

Conrad
22-11-2010, 17:01
I think Brakslover is planning to arrive something like 6.00 PM

Hi Brakslover,

Just to go straight off-topic and say welcome to Pubs Galore. Myself and Dave M are the admins of the forums and main site, so if you have any problems or suggestions do feel free to ask us.

Have a good time on the crawl (or probably more reasonably, I hope you enjoyed the crawl).

Conrad
22-11-2010, 17:01
A hole in it and a straw might work.
Beat me to it :)

Hope you feel better soon Gann.

PaulOfHorsham
22-11-2010, 18:31
Lurgy explains my non-appearance. Was looking forward to an evening in the pub but, as the day wore on, an evening at home dosed to the eyeballs had greater appeal.

Hope you all enjoy/enjoyed (delete depending on reading time) yourselves.

Maldenman
22-11-2010, 23:43
Just home. A great evening meeting fellow PuGers, thoroughly enjoyable. I'd like to say thanks on behalf of all to RR for organising it so successfully. Great to put names to faces. Or actually faces to names!

trainman
23-11-2010, 08:15
thanks to RR for organising it so successfully...

D'oh! I didn't realise I'd be missing a free buffet too!
Seriously though, gutted I couldn't make it but glad to hear another PuG meet went successfully - Mm's hometime of almost midnight is a good sign!
I trust the obligatory team photo will appear in due course?

RogerB
23-11-2010, 08:54
Excellent evening and good to see some new faces among the regulars. There may be a seriously underexposed photo cropping up somewhere if Rex can do a bit of contrast/brightness tweaks. My Pubs Galore t-shirt afforded me enhanced bar service and a certain barmaid was desperately (and sucessfully) talking her way into getting a good review! RPA managed to double his normal criteria by having a quick 2 and he's off (we think he sneaked a bonus pint in teh Slug & Lettuce next door). The general consensus was that meet ups should become regular calendar events so hopefully a pre-Xmas session can be sorted out for somewhere covenient.

Bucking Fastard
23-11-2010, 09:32
I would also like to pass on my thanks to Rex for organising a great meet up.The choice of venue was excellent and the beer choice exceeded my expectations.Good to put faces to names,it was a great evening and look forward to the next get together.Also thanks to Roger for bringing a supply of cards,which I will attempt to distribute wisely.

Rest of this morning will be spent nursing a slightly thick head (no change there) after imbibing freely on the BrewDog Punk IPA........

Brakslover
23-11-2010, 10:03
Hi Brakslover,

Just to go straight off-topic and say welcome to Pubs Galore. Myself and Dave M are the admins of the forums and main site, so if you have any problems or suggestions do feel free to ask us.

Have a good time on the crawl (or probably more reasonably, I hope you enjoyed the crawl).

Hi Conrad

Thanks for the welcome! Like many before me I have defected from anorher site. I'm generally an infrequent poster, but hope at least to add the occasional useful comment. Laast night's get together was very good - hope we'll do another soon.

Cheers

Brakslover
23-11-2010, 10:09
Hi Rex

Many thanks for inviting me! Excellent venue and company. Great to be able to meet so many PG posting luminaries! If invited, I'd certainly be up for another meet. Cheers

Gann
23-11-2010, 10:47
And thanks from me too Rex...

I'm very glad I struggled off my sickbed to be there, although some of you may not thank me in a couple of days if the BrewDog Punk IPA did not successfully kill off all received germs..

And it was good to see that Rex's knowledge of beer and pub interiors far outways his knowledge of how to use a digital camera...:p

HTM69
23-11-2010, 12:09
Yes, thank you to Rex for organising yesterday's little get together. Hopefully, we can get another sorted very soon.

Cheers

Alex

RogerB
23-11-2010, 13:05
Just to confirm the answers to the various conundrums set during the evening (or the ones I can remember)...

The source of the Medway is a tadpole's ride into West Sussex.

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~srmulti/medway/index.html

Kentish Men are born west of the Medway, Men of Kent are from the east. Since I was born in Surrey, I don't care.

http://www.kentresources.co.uk/manofkent.htm

Pere Ubu is a character in a 19th century French play. Only Gail Trimble the Human Google would have known that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pere_Ubu

Just a few examples of the fascinating territory into which a Pubs Galore meet up strays! :whistle:

HTM69
23-11-2010, 14:01
Good work, Roger!

So, err, with geography not being a strong point of mine, am I a Kentish Man or a Man of Kent? I was born in Chatham, so...

Brakslover
23-11-2010, 14:08
Good work, Roger!

So, err, with geography not being a strong point of mine, am I a Kentish Man or a Man of Kent? I was born in Chatham, so...

My Grandad also came from Chatham. He would refer to himself as a Kentish Man of Kent! Cheers

RogerB
23-11-2010, 14:34
Good work, Roger!

Unless they have diverted the course of the river in recent years, Chatham was east of the Medway which makes you a Man Of Kent.

Kake
23-11-2010, 14:41
Ahhhh, damn, how did I manage to miss the announcement of this? I think the whole subforum thing is confusing me :( :( :(

Rex_Rattus
23-11-2010, 14:57
I think saying that I "organised" last night's event is a bit over the top. All I really did was identify a pub, specify a date, and post a new thread, and get there early enough to bag a table. Nonetheless, it was certainly worth the somewhat minimal effort I expended.

Thanks Gann - I reckon that saying I know more about beer and historic pub interiors than the workings of a digital camera to be a compliment. Clearly my time spent in pubs has not been wasted.

Like Roger I found the PuG T-shirt to be an advantage. Letting the barmaid know that I was a chum of RogerB was also an added advantage. I didn't have a spare T-shirt for her, but of course she got one of the calling cards, which I'm sure she will treasure.

In the event it wasn't a crawl. At a couple of points during the evening I did mention the possibility of wandering down to the Eagle Ale House and/or The Nightingale, but the consensus was that there was little point as the Falcon had 17 ales on, and we had a table from which we could spy the ale list on the chalboard above the bar back. Of course by the end of the evening the PuG team had given the ales a serious pounding (bit like some heads this morning I suspect) and several (three as I recall) casks had been drunk dry. It was hard and thirsty work, but we all stuck to the Herculean task manfully and, I think, emerged triumphant.

I think I've managed to attach a team photograph, the quality of which will confirm Gann's assessment of my photographic skills! Those in the photograph are: HTM69 in the foreground; then going clockwise we have RogerB; Bryan (brother-in-law of Brakslover); Bucking Fastard; Gann; Brakslover; Maldenman; and Pubsignman. Those missing from the shot are rpadam, who had to leave earlier, and yours truly who was behind the camera. It was a great evening, and one I'm sure we will repeat before too long.

Pubsignman
23-11-2010, 18:21
Rex, you're too modest - you certainly deserve credit for organising a very enjoyable evening. The choice of pub was excellent - we struggled to think of many other London pubs that would have had 17 ales on offer.

And thanks to Roger for the trivia answers - I thought HTM69's Kentish status would forever remain a mystery.

I certainly look forward to another get together in the near future.

RogerB
23-11-2010, 18:41
And this is what we would have looked like if Rex knew how to work his flash...

Rex_Rattus
23-11-2010, 18:57
And this is what we would have looked like if Rex knew how to work his flash...

Cheers Roger. Well, nobody can accuse me of being a flash s*d!

Maldenman
23-11-2010, 20:20
Hmm, perhaps the darker version does me more favours.

I assume Rex that my meddling with your camera on the train home has not left it in a more useless condition?

rpadam
23-11-2010, 23:59
RPA managed to double his normal criteria by having a quick 2 and he's off (we think he sneaked a bonus pint in teh Slug & Lettuce next door).
Ha! It was actually the rather hideous, but could be rather better given its location, Sloe Bar at Waterloo Station (and only because I got there from Clapham Junction in record time despite having playing the traditional platform-roulette-with-contradictory-information-from-each-so-called-information-board game). Anyway, it was good to see some of you, and sorry to have missed others - next time...

Quinno
24-11-2010, 00:31
Those in the photograph are: HTM69 in the foreground

Really? On first viewing I thought Chris Cookie Coleman had taken the day off from being an out-of-work football manager :D

Conrad
24-11-2010, 11:54
Ahhhh, damn, how did I manage to miss the announcement of this? I think the whole subforum thing is confusing me :( :( :(
It is a pain, if we flatten the forums I worry that threads like this will drop off the bottom. For a flatter view though the "What's New" button at the top is your friend if you are not already using it.

Kake
25-11-2010, 15:18
It is a pain, if we flatten the forums I worry that threads like this will drop off the bottom.
Oh, I think the way it is now is definitely the best. I just need to pay more attention!

Kake

ETA
01-12-2010, 12:35
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/angry-hobos-lurching-towards-parliament-201012013305/

We've been rumbled...

hondo
01-12-2010, 13:38
http://www.offlicencenews.co.uk/articles/93893/Brewdog-condemns-beer-duty-plans.aspx?categoryid=246

trainman
24-02-2011, 13:46
Anyone going to LOSC (Leyton Orient Supporters Club) beer festival next week? 03-04March, 17:00-23:00.
As the perennial CotY it has long been on my list but remains unvisited. I hope to remedy that on Thursday, probably after a few £1.99ers at William IV.
I note it is the day after their reply at Arsenal, so some in attendance might be drinking heavily, one way or another...

Pubsignman
25-02-2011, 17:30
Anyone going to LOSC (Leyton Orient Supporters Club) beer festival next week? 03-04March, 17:00-23:00.
As the perennial CotY it has long been on my list but remains unvisited. I hope to remedy that on Thursday, probably after a few £1.99ers at William IV.
I note it is the day after their reply at Arsenal, so some in attendance might be drinking heavily, one way or another...

I had considered going but it clashes with the Grape and Grain festival in Crystal Palace. There is quite a lot on their beer list that takes my fancy, so regretably I'll be giving LOSC a miss.

http://thegrapeandgrainse19.co.uk/vote/

RogerB
25-02-2011, 18:06
I may but I have to juggle a few dates. I'll let you know.

trainman
04-03-2011, 11:22

I thought the LOSC Piglet was very well done, and all £2.60 per pint (list att'd). Not my usual style but the Acorn Old Moor Porter dragged me back for more. And a note reminds me that someone told me of another pub to look out for whenever I get back to Ipswich - St Jude's Brewery Tavern.

LOSC was preceded by the ever splendid William IV where my favourite, this time, was Brodie's Kiwi. As well as their own range, they also had guests - Alton Pride, Rudgate Jorvic Blonde, & Tring SPfaT - also at just £1.99! Fantastic.