PDA

View Full Version : Beer for the miners

PaulOfHorsham
18-10-2010, 11:37
Just heard on the news that David Cameron intends to present 33 bottles of real ale to the Chilean president. Freeminer? Or is there a more appropriate brew that somebody can think of?

ROBCamra
18-10-2010, 11:39
Just heard on the news that David Cameron intends to present 33 bottles of real ale to the Chilean president. Freeminer? Or is there a more appropriate brew that somebody can think of?

Black Hole Bitter?

Farway
18-10-2010, 13:00
Bowman's Eldorado?

They were gold miners I believe

Quinno
18-10-2010, 15:20
Castle Rock?

Strongers
18-10-2010, 15:25
Piddle in the Hole?

Evil Gazebo
18-10-2010, 16:37
http://www.tulsapeople.com/images/stories/2010/March/miner%20mishap7394.jpg

Oggwyn Trench
18-10-2010, 17:22
Cheddar Ales - Potholer
Cambridge Moonshine - Black Hole Stout
Blindmans - Mine Beer

Something by Best Mates Brewery may be more appropriate , though Scutchamans Knob may be misread and bring back unwanted memories :whistle:

Quinno
18-10-2010, 21:00
Cheddar Ales - Potholer
Scutchamans Knob may be misread and bring back unwanted memories :whistle:

You and Strongers need to be cleansed at Porton Down!

Strongers
18-10-2010, 22:05
You and Strongers need to be cleansed at Porton Down!

I was going to add Porton Down to the Pubsgalore database, but it didn't meet the criteria so I'll post my review here on the forums.

I sometimes find the journey time spent travelling to these establishments that are a bit out of the way a little mundane, but thankfully an unannounced random taxi came to pick me up and the taxi drivers pal put a bag over my head to make my destination a big surprise and he even safely strapped me into the back of the very comfortable motor whilst the cabby drove me at speed to the venue. Top class service I thought as I wondered what the closing time would be and whether I would catch the end of the premier league darts, Phil the Power was a set down when I left!
Now I’m not a big fan of bouncers and this one took the Michael when I arrived with his full cavity search and apparently there is a strict dress code as I was given a white suit to wear and some stainless steel bangles, I’m sorry but these new fangled trends are going a bit far because back in the day these were just called handcuffs. Anyhow I went along as I thought that the missus would have laid on a good spread with some quiche Lorraine and pork pie.
What a disappointment!!! I was directed to the Porton Down main bar area and it hadn’t even been built yet, just a room, an empty room, an empty room with a table and couple of chairs. Now I’m all for contemporary but Jesus there wasn’t even a bar, just an angry looking man that bored me for eight hours whilst banging on about a bloke called Dave and his mate Conrad.
So to sum up, there’s no draught or bottles, no food, no Sky and no darts or pool, but there is free water – be warned though as it gives you the most violent squits. The only good thing is that I don’t remember getting home!
AVOID – NUFF SAID!!!!!

aleandhearty
19-10-2010, 09:57
A few sprang to mind:

Bank Top: Gold Digger.
Prospect: Blinding Light.
Wild Walker: Great Escape.
Rotters: Grounds For Divorce.
Leatherbriches: Hairy Helmet.

Conrad
19-10-2010, 13:38
I was going to add Porton Down to the Pubsgalore database, but it didn't meet the criteria so I'll post my review here on the forums.
Is this the point at which we mention that someone we went to uni with works at Porton Down?

Farway
19-10-2010, 15:03
Is this the point at which we mention that someone we went to uni with works at Porton Down?

Is he the one with 3 eyes?