PDA

View Full Version : Pub Quiz Team Names

Andy Ven
08-10-2010, 06:35
A friend of mine has requested suggestions through his Facebook page for names for a pub quiz team.

The great and esteemed pub-visiting members of this forum must have heard some crackers over the years.

I'll start with Norfolk Enchance

.... and The Cupid Stunts :whistle:

RogerB
08-10-2010, 08:13
Our team started off as the "Bamber Gascoigne Experience". Since our quiz changed from Monday to Sunday we have been the "Happy Sundays".

ROBCamra
08-10-2010, 08:56
At our local clubs monthly quiz night we were called the Red Devils as 3 of us went to OT all the time.

We won the quiz just about every time, so they banned us!!

We then entered exactly the same team under the name The Ded Revils and they let us join in. Bizarre. We won again as well. :D

Just to put this in perspective.

There was an annual quiz competition called "The Brain Of Rochdale" (I know, I know) in which around 200 teams from all over the borough competed in heats and then a grand final for the top 28 teams.

In the 3 years we entered we finished 17th, 17th & joint 17th.

So we were a decent team but not top class. Consistent though. :p

Quinno
08-10-2010, 09:39
MC Hamster :D:D

trainman
08-10-2010, 09:43
we were called the Red Devils
In the 3 years we entered we finished 17th, 17th & joint 17th.

Roll on the day that the others of that name, actual forces of darkness, finish 18th!

ETA
08-10-2010, 09:50
.... and The Cupid Stunts :whistle:

On the same theme: The Shining Wits

ROBCamra
08-10-2010, 10:11
Roll on the day that the others of that name, actual forces of darkness, finish 18th!

Now, now TM, you know you'd miss us.

If City got relegated at least they'd have a decent chance of a trophy if they won the Championship.:p

arwkrite
08-10-2010, 10:33
Unlike RobCamra's worthy 17th out of 200 my team,of days gone bye, were notable for the consistant bottom place in the league.We were so bad other teams would call on the Question Master to award us a few points.
I was approached by a couple of young lads to join their quiz team. Being short on someone who knew history ,they thought that being my age I would probably have lived through most of it. Cheeky Sods ,I was only 40 back then.
After taking stock of my fellow team members I came up with the name. There was only one option, it had to be Simple Minds.
A good time was had by us all. It was never taken seriously, much to the disgust of the teams that thought they had entered for Mastermind.

trainman
08-10-2010, 10:34
If City got relegated at least they'd have a decent chance of a trophy if they won the Championship.:p
Done that, record points, record goals - it didn't count.

So, back to quiz names, how about our old favourite 'Cups for Cock-ups'?

RogerB
08-10-2010, 10:46
We came across a team in a music quiz called "Quiz Team Aguilera" which I thought was quite witty.

Millay
08-10-2010, 11:47
I'll start with Norfolk Enchance

And their near neighbours Suffolk 'n' Good

Pangolin
08-10-2010, 12:18
The last time we set up an ad hoc team, we were completely lost for inspiration (not enough beer obviously). So looking round for anything to give us an idea, we ended up as ... Fire Exit!

Strongers
08-10-2010, 12:38
The last time we set up an ad hoc team, we were completely lost for inspiration (not enough beer obviously). So looking round for anything to give us an idea, we ended up as ... Fire Exit!

I suppose that is better than 'quiz team'

Millay
08-10-2010, 16:06
I suppose that is better than 'quiz team'

Or John Smiths Smooth :eek: