PDA

View Full Version : My Perfect Sporting Results Weekend - Whats Yours ?

Gann
04-10-2010, 14:40
The European Ryder cup team finally put the icing on what has been a perfect sporting results weekend for me.

For this to happen, three boxes usually need to be ticked.
1) Spurs winning in Footy
2) Saracens winning in Rugby
3) and Arsenal getting turned over.

And all three of these duly happened over Saturday and Sunday.

Whats yours ?

Strongers
04-10-2010, 15:03
For a perfect weekend:

Brentford winning
QPR losing
Arsenal turning over Spurs :whistle:

And a bonus would be somebody to beat Phil Tayor without bottling it like they always do.:mad:

ROBCamra
04-10-2010, 15:12
Man Utd, The Dale & Ayr Utd (don't ask) winning.

City, Chelsea & Liverpool losing.

Me getting the Scoop6 all correct. :p

Oggwyn Trench
04-10-2010, 16:56
Shrewsbury winning
Wrexham and Walsall losing
And for a bonus Telford blowing promotion again

Evil Gazebo
04-10-2010, 17:04
Sunderland win
Newcastle lose

Roll on Halloween :pray:

RogerB
04-10-2010, 17:46
Spurs win. Dartford win. Surrey win. Arsenal lose. Chelsea go out of business. Fergies watch stops. Dover Athletic join the French League. Mark Clattenburg enters Moorfields Eye Hospital. Joey Barton is beaten senseless by a 91 year old grandmother. Jermaine Defoe finds the missing part of his brain that understands the offside rule. Arctic Thistle top the PG Fantasy League. Quiz team wins on Sunday night. I learn the fascination of rugby. Dickie Davies returns to host International Sports Special 2 - frying pan tennis live from Jakarta. After a sucessful invasion by the west, the population of North Korea learns that they did not in fact win the World Cup this year. Tiger Woods is caught "sheltering" from the rain under a blanket with Coleen Rooney. Jenson Button discovers that I am his closest relative and adds me to his will. Pot Black, Indoor League and Quiz Ball return to prime time Saturday night slots in place of X(cruciating) Factor and Strictly Come Poncing About. Synchronised swimming, dressage and ice skating are banned and ale drinking becomes an Olympic sport.

ROBCamra
04-10-2010, 17:57
Spurs win. Dartford win. Surrey win. Arsenal lose. Chelsea go out of business. Fergies watch stops. Dover Athletic join the French League. Mark Clattenburg enters Moorfields Eye Hospital. Joey Barton is beaten senseless by a 91 year old grandmother. Jermaine Defoe finds the missing part of his brain that understands the offside rule. Arctic Thistle top the PG Fantasy League. Quiz team wins on Sunday night. I learn the fascination of rugby. Dickie Davies returns to host International Sports Special 2 - frying pan tennis live from Jakarta. After a sucessful invasion by the west, the population of North Korea learns that they did not in fact win the World Cup this year. Tiger Woods is caught "sheltering" from the rain under a blanket with Coleen Rooney. Jenson Button discovers that I am his closest relative and adds me to his will. Pot Black, Indoor League and Quiz Ball return to prime time Saturday night slots in place of X(cruciating) Factor and Strictly Come Poncing About. Synchronised swimming, dressage and ice skating are banned and ale drinking becomes an Olympic sport.

No long shots in there then? ;)

Delboy20
04-10-2010, 19:46
Villa win (winning the league and completing the domestic treble in the process)
Albion and Blues lose ( both getting relegated )
England win the Ashes down under with a 5 - 0 whitewash

Maldenman
04-10-2010, 20:05
Altrincham win............ one day
Macclesfield, Northwich, Wigan Athletic (still considered as rivals), Forest Green Rovers, FCUM all lose.
Fulham winning the Europa League last season as it would have meant so much to my son.
Lancashire revisit their one day glory years and win a thrilling late finish in a major final, preferably in half light.
Notalty gain recognition for their resurgent form and actually start to climb the table.
I lose by less than seven goals when persuaded to play FIFA 2010 by my son.

gillhalfpint
05-10-2010, 07:25
Sunderland win.
Newcastle lose.
Hartlepool get promotion and get a trophy for the cabinet.

RogerB
05-10-2010, 07:52
Hartlepool get promotion and get a trophy for the cabinet.

There's a trophy cabinet at Hartlepool?? :confused:!

Alesonly
05-10-2010, 09:32
The European Ryder cup team finally put the icing on what has been a perfect sporting results weekend for me.

For this to happen, three boxes usually need to be ticked.
1) Spurs winning in Footy
2) Saracens winning in Rugby
3) and Arsenal getting turned over.

And all three of these duly happened over Saturday and Sunday.

Whats yours ?

As a Spurs Supporter I would have too totally agree with your suggestions. :)
The Saracens as well I used too go when when they Played at Cockfosters I don't get the time too go these days.

Gann
05-10-2010, 09:33

Harsh, but fair.......:)

Strongers
05-10-2010, 09:37
As a Spurs Supporter I would have too totally agree with your suggestions. :)
The Saracens as well I used too go when when they Played at Cockfosters I don't get the time too go these days.

There's a hell of a lot of Spurs supporters on here.... Any other London clubs supported?

Alesonly
05-10-2010, 09:47
There's a hell of a lot of Spurs supporters on here.... Any other London clubs supported?

Yes I also try to go too Underhill Barnet when I get the time too watch Real Football. :)

Strongers
05-10-2010, 09:50
I've been up there a few times - always in the away end though!

trainman
05-10-2010, 11:09

I think we sold 'em ours, it had evidently become redundant in Manchester.

Farway
05-10-2010, 13:54
My perfect sporting weekend would be all sport cancelled due to [select option here] rain, snow, hail, floods, drought, famine, strikes, be they either lightning, meteors or union

Thus the radio, tele and papers would have to rely on something else, no doubt Big Brother or such like, so I guess I would have to admit defeat

Bah, humbug :D

Oggwyn Trench
05-10-2010, 18:10

Theres a few Man U fans on here , does that count

Delboy20
05-10-2010, 19:11
Theres a few Man U fans on here , does that count

Very good !! :lol::lol::lol:

gillhalfpint
05-10-2010, 21:44
From my Hartlepool supporting son.

"Sadly, Hartlepool are one of only 4 teams in the league to have never won any trophy (along with Torquay, Rochdale and Macclesfield!), but we do have a trophy cabinet, and theres a lot of pride to be taken from being Durham Challenge Cup Champions 2005 (well Chelsea have never won it!)"

Strongers
09-10-2010, 22:37
For a perfect weekend:

Brentford winning
QPR losing
Arsenal turning over Spurs :whistle:

And a bonus would be somebody to beat Phil Tayor without bottling it like they always do.:mad:

Well the Bees lost again, but what a match between Adrian Lewis and Phil Taylor tonight! I put Lewis' win down to me tempting fate!:D